PDA

View Full Version : Moyes left Everton?????

Minstrels
01-08-2008, 03:05 PM
Just heard that at 15:30-15:35 Moyes walked out on Everton because of a bust up about transfer funds... :S
Don't shoot the messenger like but I'm just wondering if anyone else heard it.

brandon
01-08-2008, 03:06 PM
I don't think this is true :S

(omg 9000th post)

Minstrels
01-08-2008, 03:10 PM
Didn't sound that happy the other day...

David Moyes has bemoaned his Everton side's poor displays in pre-season and the club's lack of progress to date in the summer transfer window. Everton have yet to add to their squad for next season and yesterday lost 2-0 to Chicago Fire, their third pre-season defeat, to round off a miserable week that also saw the resignation of chief executive Keith Wyness.

Moyes told the club's television station: "We cannot hide the fact that we need new players at Everton. Everybody knows it, I know it, the players know it - we have to get five or six players in before the season starts. We are in a poor, poor situation regarding going forward."
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/jul/31/everton.moyes?gusrc=rss&feed=football

Pyroka
01-08-2008, 03:26 PM
I'd be shocked if that were true, I really would be shocked.

Minstrels
01-08-2008, 03:33 PM
I'd be shocked if that were true, I really would be shocked.
Just heard Coral have stopped taking bets on him being the first manager be sacked. :S

Edit: I don't know because the site has still got odds on...

Kennethz
01-08-2008, 04:02 PM
A local Liverpool newspaper have confirmed he has not walked from Everton.

DAVID MOYES has reassured Everton supporters he has no intention of leaving the club.
But the Goodison manager admits that talks with the board this summer will prove influential in shaping his future plans.
Speculation over Moyes’s position has intensified in sections of the media during recent weeks, with his current deal due to expire at the end of next season.
Although chairman Bill Kenwright has intimated he wants to extend the Scot’s stay at the club that began in March 2002, negotiations have yet to formally begin over a new deal.

Moyes, however, yesterday allayed fears he could walk out on Everton.

Minstrels
01-08-2008, 04:10 PM
A local Liverpool newspaper have confirmed he has not walked from Everton.
Link please.

brandon
01-08-2008, 04:13 PM
Link please.
http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2008/03/22/david-moyes-i-have-no-plans-to-leave-everton-64375-20659050/

Pyroka
01-08-2008, 04:14 PM
Oh I'd expect the Echo to pick that one up. Eeer, I doubt he would leave on a team that he apparently loves, because he'd definetly regret it.

Minstrels
01-08-2008, 04:22 PM
http://www.liverpooldailypost.co.uk/everton-fc/everton-fc-news/2008/03/22/david-moyes-i-have-no-plans-to-leave-everton-64375-20659050/
Thank you.

Nereo
01-08-2008, 04:28 PM
He should leave. I think he has achieved everything he can with Everton and should look for a new challenge. :)

Pyroka
01-08-2008, 04:30 PM
Nah, that's a load of crap! Moyes can do alot more with Everton, they have masses of potential, given they buy the right players this season. Back in the old days, Everton were like in 10th-11th all the time, the bottom half of the league and the past few years, they've rised to the challenge to give Liverpool a run for their money when Everton got 4th place once, under Moyes!

They can do ALOT better I think.

edible
01-08-2008, 09:12 PM
Part of the reason why we havent had money is because Wyness has been taking the mick with it apparently. I doubt Moyes would leave about that, it's been like this the whole time he's been here and also, why would he leave when he's said on the official site that he should have signed his new contract by next week at least.

Nah, that's a load of crap! Moyes can do alot more with Everton, they have masses of potential, given they buy the right players this season. Back in the old days, Everton were like in 10th-11th all the time, the bottom half of the league and the past few years, they've rised to the challenge to give Liverpool a run for their money when Everton got 4th place once, under Moyes!

They can do ALOT better I think.
Agreed. Moyes still has more to do with us, and I think he will. He's determined and everyone at Everton has faith in him.

Now that Wyness is gone, we can move on. We're better off without him I reckon. Especially as Moyes and Wyness didnt get on apparently.

EverSteve
01-08-2008, 09:57 PM
The fact that, The Newspapers have failed to catch Everton's latest bids until someone tells them (The Agent or Club), just shows how shocking the press is this year.

They obviously don't have a **** whats going about Everton, Funding, Transfers etc.

my answer to the journalist who reported this, go home. Moyes hates when Everton lose, just because he moans about our form, does defintly not mean he will leave us. Bill Kenwright has already stated that he has the recources for transfers, and they are searching Hourly for new players.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!