PDA

View Full Version : How do you like study?

Imp!
03-08-2008, 10:16 AM
Well I know how to study.. kind of. I type out my notes and then try and memorise them, which I do successfully but now it's going to be my GCSE year and I really need to know a good method of studying because I'm preparing to put 100% effort in

Soka
03-08-2008, 10:47 AM
write out really really brief key points from my complete notes from college/school

then just do all past papers and memorise mark schemes, similiar questions come up most years and maybe just phrased differently so learning mark schemes is alot of help :D

Access
03-08-2008, 11:02 AM
Revise small sections at a time and have frequent 10/15 minute breaks inbetween each section, don't revise too much at one time/in one day because you won't remember half as much as you would doing it in small sections.

Plank
03-08-2008, 01:31 PM
I used mainly past papers and mark schemes.

Frodo13.
03-08-2008, 02:56 PM
Don't study at all. It's not failed me yet :)

Imp!
03-08-2008, 04:19 PM
Don't study at all. It's not failed me yet :)

your probably smarts lol

and thanks everyone for the tips xx

Wayne
03-08-2008, 04:25 PM
I know this isn't the best way but I read through all the stuff that I have done in lesson weeks in advance and then the night before the exam I read it maybe 2 times over.

Throne Sofa
03-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Copying stuff from your text or notes again is a good way if you can be assed, if not just try memorise it which is what I do.

Funya Chin
03-08-2008, 06:59 PM
I don't unless I have to.

I didn't study at all for GCSE's but for A-Levels you have to otherwise you're screwed so I usually do it on the computer because I'm on there doing something or other anyway.

drama
03-08-2008, 07:04 PM
i start cramming at around 2am night before exam.

luce
03-08-2008, 07:18 PM
i read through things make mind maps and read over things loads, but writing things out does help me alot!

Geraint
03-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Read over the revision sheets handed out by the teachers and make mind maps to help memorise key words which may help. I also look at past papers that I have done, previously, and try to remember things that I have done wrong and things that I am not too sure on.

iMegz.
03-08-2008, 10:49 PM
I use passed papers, read revision sheets and booklets given out by teachers and write key points out in note points, re-write notes and do spider diagrams with bright colours. :)

Serious
03-08-2008, 10:55 PM
Well when I was revising for my GCSEs I just read through everything I had and used SAM Learning, the night before the exam. I seriously don't reccommend it. Procrastination is a *******.

Havoline
03-08-2008, 11:11 PM
you dont need to, gcses r easy

Imp!
04-08-2008, 11:16 AM
you dont need to, gcses r easy

... if your smart!

and thanks for the tips everyone ;) x

camera
04-08-2008, 11:59 AM
i dont study. never liked it. i just pay attention in class thats all.

i make exceptions for maths tho. love the challenge so i always do sums and all that stuff. thats how i study for maths.

Jesus-Egg
04-08-2008, 11:35 PM
I find that just reading through your notes doesn't help much, but writing stuff down several times helps me to remember it. It's always good to make your own revision notes, writing down the main points of each topic, and then rewriting them from memory. I like to make posters and stick them on my wall, which was useful in subjects like chemistry, with loads of equations and stuff to learn. If you're reasonably clever, you can get away with doing very little work, and passing with a decent grade at GCSE, but I strongly advise you to do plenty of revision well in advance. It's good to get into the habit of thorough revision sessions, because although you can do ok at GCSE level doing little work, if you repeat this at A level, I can guarantee that you will fail.

Jaiisun
08-08-2008, 09:40 AM
The best method is to have no specific method - use many methods to use all the key areas of your brain!

Personally, I mostly use past papers and make memorable brief notes.

;].
Jay x

Mitch4?
08-08-2008, 06:32 PM
i go on bitesize and have msn open, when someone comes in room i close msn and revise.
its well good.

but aside from that,
what jaiisun said is best, just read/speak/do/whatever else there is, and you have a much higher chance of remebeering it :)

Holofoil
24-08-2008, 09:46 PM
Quitting world of warcraft would help a lot

Coda
25-08-2008, 03:05 AM
re-reading through notes and jotting them down :)

Imp!
25-08-2008, 01:14 PM
Quitting world of warcraft would help a lot

Sorry its still the summer and Im going to keep playing world of warcraft; when I take a break from studying I'll be playing it so whatever x ;)

N!ck
25-08-2008, 04:00 PM
Summarise everything you've done into note form/bullet points/mind maps. Raed through your summaries and try to make notes on what you've read without looking. Check through to see what you missed and try again till you can write down all the important points without looking.

Edit: Sticking colourful mind maps/posters that you have made on a wall that you look at/walk past often can also help. Put some on the back of bathroom door? lmao. The colour helps stimulate your mind i think.

Hollyish
25-08-2008, 06:35 PM
well..
basically how i study is well i come home sit down at ma hc study desk irl with ma aloe vera on the side and read ma sticky notes with ma work on dem and hopefully i'll get an A* in ma habbo exam <3

WISH ME LUCK
I HAD MA MOCK 1 DIS YEAR
GT A B :( REAL 1 NEXT YR AM SO NERVOUS

Imp!
25-08-2008, 10:43 PM
well..
basically how i study is well i come home sit down at ma hc study desk irl with ma aloe vera on the side and read ma sticky notes with ma work on dem and hopefully i'll get an A* in ma habbo exam <3

WISH ME LUCK
I HAD MA MOCK 1 DIS YEAR
GT A B :( REAL 1 NEXT YR AM SO NERVOUS

nothing to do with this thread =/

Callum.
25-08-2008, 10:57 PM
Yeah i'm going into year 11 in september so I'm going to be working as hard as I can. I always find if you actually pay attention and do all the work in class then it's easier to grasp/remember when you come to re-reading / re-writing.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!