PDA

View Full Version : Tom Daley

luce
08-08-2008, 07:45 PM
Where do you think he will come, i wish he would get gold. but i don't know! after all he is only 14!

I definatly think he is in the running for a medal place though!

If you can't tell i am already a big fan *looks at dp*

I will be on holiday while he is diving so i will try and get to a paper if i can. but i am camping!!

Ed.
08-08-2008, 07:48 PM
I've done my Tom Dalies (Daily Quest) on WoW today. They give good xp and also some nice gold.

flatface
08-08-2008, 07:51 PM
Seen him dive before at central park in Plymouth, its breath taking.

MissAlice
08-08-2008, 07:55 PM
I think he is incredible, I really hope he comes home with at least one medal, felt pretty sad for his dad who struggled I believe to get a ticket to watch him, and eventually paid some rediculous price to a ticket tout.

luce
08-08-2008, 07:57 PM
yeah same but i am not best pleased about this atrical

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1039799/Has-Olympic-hopeful-Tom-Daley-diving-belle.html

But yeah i really do wish him all the best in the games!

Jordy
08-08-2008, 08:04 PM
It is remarkable he is only 14 but I hope he isn't the focus of our squad.

I think it'll be amazing if he wins a medal, the Chinese have some very good divers, it's a little unlikely.

As far as I'm concerned if he got a gold it would ruin his career, he'd have nothing to aim for, you can't top a Gold Olympic Medal? If he gets a bronze or silver that'll be good and then he can work hard for 2012 and get the gold in his home country which is anyone's dream!

Wootzeh
08-08-2008, 08:09 PM

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/worldnews/article-1039799/Has-Olympic-hopeful-Tom-Daley-diving-belle.html

shes a fitty.

luce
08-08-2008, 08:10 PM
Yes a gold medal this time wouldbe AMAZING but you can't go anywhere from there he has maybe 3 more after this and in all of them then he would e expected to get that!

But i think he is living for the moment so Gold would be awesome, tbh if i was him i would take gold now. what if he gets injured in these 4 years!

Nereo
08-08-2008, 08:13 PM
Surely if he won gold he would be the yougnest ever gold medal winner?

I dont think he will, there are lots of other good divers and the whol event could be too much for him :)

Shawnstra
09-08-2008, 04:10 AM
Saw him on TV today, wow hes good for a 14 year old lol.

Funya Chin
09-08-2008, 09:45 AM
I think he'll epically fail and then I'll laugh at him and the media for having such high expectations.

majesticdragon
09-08-2008, 11:30 AM
6th Im guessing theyre acting as if he's already won :|.

JackBuddy
09-08-2008, 07:27 PM
I think he'll epically fail and then I'll laugh at him and the media for having such high expectations.
That's his fault is it? :rolleyes:

Btw guys, he isn't exactly expected to win a medal anyway lol.

Mr.Sam
09-08-2008, 09:23 PM
yeah he said he's gone to beijing for the experience and is going to aim for a medal at london.

Imp!
09-08-2008, 11:06 PM

Yeah I saw her at the opening ceremony, whilst they were waiting in the middle and they zoomed up on tom and then she was all over him, I was like god get over yourself. Personally I don't like Tom, nothing against him and he is a great diver for his age, just something about him that irritates me

Mr.Sam
10-08-2008, 01:45 PM
btw his event is 7:30 am tomorrow I believe.

Sammeth.
10-08-2008, 02:04 PM
He said he didnt even expect to qualify for this time around, but at least it will give him the experience. He himself stated he doesn't expect a medal, but it would be nice :D. His synchronised diving was top notch. He is a very good diver :)!

Funya Chin
10-08-2008, 03:26 PM
That's his fault is it? :rolleyes:

When, in my post, did I say that it was?

Imp!
10-08-2008, 05:10 PM

agreed, the media does have high expectations. He says its for the experience, go read his bio on wikipedia he's competed in a lot of global events, so whats the difference? they're all in the same room?

Excellent
10-08-2008, 05:21 PM
I've said hello to him in drake circus shopping center (plymouth) :P
He stands a good chance as he is young and very flexible.

CJW93
10-08-2008, 06:13 PM
Hopefully he slips on the board and cries lol

Funya Chin
11-08-2008, 09:05 AM
He and his pal failed.

Imp!
11-08-2008, 10:18 AM
tom daley said he hates u

and we hate him ;)

JackBuddy
11-08-2008, 10:39 AM

He and his pal failed.
Honestly, what is up with you?

He is 14, and realisticly the chances of him getting a medal at this olympics was very low. Some people seem to think that he has burst onto the scene as the best in the world. The only reason there is so much hype around him is because he could have became Britain's youngest every olympic medalist. He was there for experience and I'm pretty sure he is happy with himself for making the finals.

Oh Xvisor, I think this sub-catagory just proved you wrong: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=507071

You clearly hate the olympics and sport so shut up.

Funya Chin
11-08-2008, 10:58 AM
Jack, I know he is only 14 and I know he is only doing it for experience so don't talk to me like I'm alien to the Olympics and I was having a joke but obviously you flat mind couldn't handle that.

If you read the thread, I said it's a good idea if there's enough threads in the sub-forum so don't try and bring that into it.

I like the Olympics, you shut up ;)

JackBuddy
11-08-2008, 11:07 AM
and I was having a joke but obviously you flat mind couldn't handle that.

He and his pal failed.
You should have taken the hint the first time you tried to be funny.

and thanks for the -rep, ouch that hurts.

longlyfe
11-08-2008, 11:08 AM
came eigth lol!!

Funya Chin
11-08-2008, 11:14 AM
You should have taken the hint the first time you tried to be funny.

and thanks for the -rep, ouch that hurts.
No problem mate! :)

EDIT: Come on now, please have a go at longlyfe for laughing at our pathetic attempt of getting a medal. Don't be racist now!

JackBuddy
11-08-2008, 11:16 AM
He didn't try to be funny.

*TEXT REMOVED*

Edited by lAscend (Forum Super Moderator): Please don't post private content.

Funya Chin
11-08-2008, 11:19 AM
He didn't try to be funny.
Happy warning!

I'm sorry your holiness, I will refrain from disagreeing with your points and telling the truth. One shall worship you every day at 6PM sharp. :rolleyes:

JackBuddy
11-08-2008, 11:30 AM
That's the spirit!

Geraint
11-08-2008, 12:06 PM
lol last. I know he's 14 but all these expectations and he failed.

Geo23
11-08-2008, 01:11 PM
Its good exp for him . By the time 2012 comes . He will be in his own country and a much better diver then he is now.

Jordy
11-08-2008, 01:38 PM
In the synchronised diving he came 8th btw if any of you were interested.

Mr.Sam
11-08-2008, 01:40 PM
he's doing solo next week isn't he?

Sammeth.
11-08-2008, 05:39 PM
lol last. I know he's 14 but all these expectations and he failed.

All the expectations that were made he always downplayed. He constantly said that he was surprised he even qualified and that he didn't expect a medal. For a (just turned) 14 year old to even participate in such an event is outstanding.

Synchronised Diving is much harder, Blake Aldridge is a bit of a *** for blaming it all on Tom Daley.

he's doing solo next week isn't he?

Yes, he is. I think he will be a lot better without Blake Aldridge.

Funya Chin
11-08-2008, 05:50 PM
Blake was the worse one on all but 1 of the dives.

JackBuddy
11-08-2008, 06:55 PM
I wouldn't say Tom was the better of the pair. Sychronisation wise they were almost perfect. But when it came to entry into water it was often Tom Daley who created a bigger splash.

Sammeth.
11-08-2008, 07:58 PM
I wouldn't say Tom was the better of the pair. Sychronisation wise they were almost perfect. But when it came to entry into water it was often Tom Daley who created a bigger splash.
Well the more difficult dives he did, however the first two he made little to no splash.

Imp!
11-08-2008, 09:34 PM
Black was RAGINNGGG he said he thought he dived well but didnt comment on Tom, rage lol

Jordy
11-08-2008, 09:41 PM
Black was RAGINNGGG he said he thought he dived well but didnt comment on Tom, rage lolBlake Aldridge has just been quoted as having a right dig at him, blaming it entirely on Tom and rants at him a little, and reveals the argument they had. It's unprofessional to do that really and the media will twist what he says too and make the two at war as our press tend to do.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/diving/7552526.stm

Imp!
11-08-2008, 09:45 PM
Blake Aldridge has just been quoted as having a right dig at him, blaming it entirely on Tom and rants at him a little, and reveals the argument they had. It's unprofessional to do that really and the media will twist what he says too and make the two at war as our press tend to do.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/olympics/diving/7552526.stm

They both irritate me, Alrdridge more

Geraint
11-08-2008, 10:10 PM
I know I haven't actually see the competition but Daley deserves all the stick he gets. If your good enough to make the Olympics, you have to take the stick when you don't do well. Tom was too nervous and it affected him.

Sammeth.
12-08-2008, 09:36 AM
I know I haven't actually see the competition but Daley deserves all the stick he gets. If your good enough to make the Olympics, you have to take the stick when you don't do well. Tom was too nervous and it affected him.
He has said quite a lot in interviews he was very nervous when diving but did his absolute best. And he reiterated for what seems like the millionth time that Beijing is for experience, and he was surprised he even qualified.

RyanDOT
12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
As i looked at the reply. The commentators said that Blake done it superbly, and in the last bit, Daley feet were not in the 'correct' place.

They were against good countries though...

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!