PDA

View Full Version : [W1] Weekend Games

Funya Chin
09-08-2008, 09:39 AM
Alright we've got Derby and I'm going to have fun considering I'm half disabled haha. I'm going in a bit anyway.

As always, week one of the thread, obviously titled 'Weekend Games' as we did almost every week last week.

Go ahead (H)

Geo23
09-08-2008, 09:52 AM
Me and YellowParsoal are going to the Southend V Peterborugh game at roots hall.

Im leaving for essex soon.

And theres roadworks which makes it longer then 2 hours - fun.

Good luck with the new look derby.

Stitch
09-08-2008, 10:11 AM
We've got Nottingham Forest away on Sunday. It's on Sky Sports 2 so i'll watch it on TV.

Jordie
09-08-2008, 10:27 AM
port vale at home

i think its essential that we get off to a good start
hopefully its -27 by 4.45 tonight..

i predict 2-1 to us:D

Malachy
09-08-2008, 10:44 AM
We've got Plymouth at home. We had them as our last game last season and beat them, so hopefully we can do it again :). Looking for Ebanks-Blake to get on the scoresheet aswell, I predict 2-0 or 3-0 to us.
Orient at home to Hereford - I think we could get a result.

Jordie
09-08-2008, 04:59 PM
lost 3-1 to vale.

vale- 3 shots on target 3 goals

luton- 17 shots on target 1 goal

need i say more.
couple of howlers to go with it aswell.

we must get our act together

luce
09-08-2008, 05:18 PM
I watched the Birmingham V Shefeild Utd game and it was alright in the end im glad birmingham won :) becuase i do live round them some of the time :)

But yeah manchester united stat next weekend agenst Newcastle so yeah i can't wait :)

Casuals
09-08-2008, 05:23 PM
swindon 3 - 1 tranmere

_Liam
09-08-2008, 05:25 PM
sheff wed 4-1 burnley

3-1 up after about 17 mins
until they crippled akpo sodje who scored 2 and set up 1 ( he got crippled after about 20 mins)

Malachy
09-08-2008, 05:38 PM
Plymouth 2 - 2 Wolves

Plymouth took the lead early on through Fuller, then before half-time Michael Kightly hit back for us making it 1-1. Plymouth went ahead again in 2nd half, can't remember who, then 12 minutes from time new signing Sam Vokes made it 2-2. Should of done better tbh in my opinion.

Leyton Orient 2 - 1 Hereford

Beckwith gave the new boys tjhe lead in the 14th minute, before Melligan equalised on 23 minutes. Then just before half-time Adam Boyd scored from the spot. Stayed that way, a good start to the season for the O's.

Geraint
09-08-2008, 05:52 PM
Cardiff 2-1 Southampton

And how lucky we were. Awful. Loovens decided that every time he got the ball he'd pass it back to the goalie softly and make the goalie do the all the work. Well done to Heaton though for picking up a backpass knowing that a free-kick would be given.

Funya Chin
10-08-2008, 07:31 AM
Wonderful performance 1-0 over Derby.

Tell you what though, shakey throughout as Hulse probably should've had a hat-tick (even if we should've had a penalty in the 2nd minute).

Good win and if the Championship is this easy we'll be in the Premiership (H)

I was impressed by Chambers' cameo appearance as well.

Geraint
10-08-2008, 10:42 AM

Tell you what though, shakey throughout as Hulse probably should've had a hat-tick (even if we should've had a penalty in the 2nd minute).

You'll see how the hard the championship really is, next week.

Jordie
10-08-2008, 11:40 AM

in our first two games in the championship we beat crystal palace away 2-1 and southampton 3-2 they had both come down from the premiership we ended up finishing 11th. good win for you yesterday but you're in for a shock if you think you're going to cruise it

Funya Chin
10-08-2008, 12:15 PM
I'm of course, being over-confident on purpose. I know how tough the Championship is.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!