PDA

View Full Version : Handover - 24th August!

BlueTango
17-08-2008, 12:57 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/23l3sh.jpg

Just one week until we're hosts!

So in a weeks time Boris Johnson (Mayor of London) will be handed the Olympic Flag and we'll officialy be hosts!

1.5 Billion people will watch two 8-minute Dance & Music shows as soon as Boris accepts the Flag.. They'll be staged to represent the culture of Britain. Royal Opera House, CandoCo and Zoo Nation will stage the shows.

Sounds very good and exciting...

But, can anyone find details of times of this happening?

Sammeth.
17-08-2008, 02:11 AM
http://i37.tinypic.com/23l3sh.jpg

Just one week until we're hosts!

So in a weeks time Boris Johnson (Mayor of London) will be handed the Olympic Flag and we'll officialy be hosts!

1.5 Billion people will watch two 8-minute Dance & Music shows as soon as Boris accepts the Flag.. They'll be staged to represent the culture of Britain. Royal Opera House, CandoCo and Zoo Nation will stage the shows.

Sounds very good and exciting...

But, can anyone find details of times of this happening?
It is during the closing ceremony, so whenever that is :D David Beckham and Leona Lewis will also be involved apparantly :)

Jordy
17-08-2008, 02:28 AM
Is anyone else embarrassed we're going to have to display Boris Johnson as mayor of London in front of the world? Surely he can have a hair cut just this once!

Sammeth.
17-08-2008, 02:40 AM
Is anyone else embarrassed we're going to have to display Boris Johnson as mayor of London in front of the world? Surely he can have a hair cut just this once!
BoJo is the greatest Mayor on the face of this planet :P

Jordy
17-08-2008, 02:44 AM
BoJo is the greatest Mayor on the face of this planet :PYou've been watching too much Have I got News for you. He looks too British and despite him being a legend, he still looks a wally =p

I bet you didn't know he was born in America and has American citizenship.

Mr.Sam
17-08-2008, 09:56 AM
Apparently it involves david beckham, leona lewis and a london double decker bus.

Funya Chin
17-08-2008, 09:58 AM
2012 is just going to be a big failure lol.

Instead of rising fuel prices, give the Olympics to Madrid :rolleyes:

kk.
17-08-2008, 11:33 AM
anyone else really like the logo with the British flag on it? Lol

Yeh, should be at the closing ceremony

BlueTango
17-08-2008, 03:40 PM
2012 is just going to be a big failure lol.

Instead of rising fuel prices, give the Olympics to Madrid :rolleyes:

Fuel prices arn't going to rise. I don't know where you've got that from..
The plan is for nearly every tourist or Olympic spectator to use public transport to get to the olympics... Hence why they're in negotiation to try and make transport in London free for the Olympics.

DaveTaylor
17-08-2008, 07:30 PM
The plan is for nearly every tourist or Olympic spectator to use public transport to get to the olympics... Hence why they're in negotiation to try and make transport in London free for the Olympics.

There plan was to create a separate underground route for the olympics etc I think they still are aswell.

Neversoft
22-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Who's going to the party? :D

msb.
26-08-2008, 02:09 AM
such a cool sport imo

Funya Chin
26-08-2008, 01:22 PM
Fuel prices are rising weekly don't be so ignorant.

kk.
26-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Fuel prices are rising weekly don't be so ignorant.
fuel prices have actually been dropping recently... it was almost at 130 now its at 112 or something

Funya Chin
28-08-2008, 02:45 PM
fuel prices have actually been dropping recently... it was almost at 130 now its at 112 or something
Where I live they've been going up 2p every week for about 7 weeks now.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!