PDA

View Full Version : Weirdest Family Tradition - Ends 30th September

leah
25-08-2008, 10:46 PM
OMG! I have the weirdest family ever! I've just got in from one of those 'family meals'. Some of the things we do and talk about are so strange! It got me thinking about different families and their traditions... not only mine can have kooky traditions, right? No - seriously - right? For example, every christmas my family go on this "Santa Express" train thing! We get to meet Santa and although it's a bit dorky for an old girl to meet Santa, it's a tradition and christmas wouldn't be the same without it.

This brings me to the competition! I want you guys to tell me about your weirdest family tradition and describe it with as much detail as you can! The winner will have to be UNIQUE and DIFFERENT! Good luck!

Competition Prize/Template

1st Prize: 3 HC Sofas (Kindly donated by MissAlice)

Your entry should look like the example below:
Habbo Name: LeahBaby--Ox
Habbox Name: LeahBaby-Ox
My entry:

Competition Terms & Conditions

To enter this competition you must be a registered member of Habbox Forum. Habbox is giving all its members (not Habbox staff) the opportunity to enter competitions. You can send in your entry until the competition is closed at some time on the date listed in the thread title. The winner will be announced in this thread. Winner(s) will be private messaged by H0BJ0B to collect their prize. Habbox has the right to close the competition at any time before the competition ending date and the winner will be judged from all the entries received up to that point. Any harassment or attempted bribery of the judge(s) will get you disqualified and could get you into trouble on the Forum. All Habbox staff are excluded from participating in competitions, unless the competition states they may. Trialists may enter any competition whilst they are on trial. Any entries that break the forum rules in anyway will also be withdrawn. Prizes are subject to change. Prizes must be claimed within one month of the winner(s) being announced. Unclaimed prizes will be considered a donation to Habbox Competitions in the winner's name. All furniture prizes will be handed over on Habbo UK only. All rights reserved.

When in posting the competition forum, please only post competition entries. Do not post questions or comments - it is not the place to do so. If you need to ask a question, or feel it necessary to make a comment, then please send a message to the Competitions Manager or post in the "Questions & Comments about Habbox Competitions (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=607)" thread.

msb.
31-08-2008, 11:09 PM
Habbo Name: msb.
Habbox Name: msb.
My entry:
Every christmas me and my family go to town and meet santa where he gives us presents and I can remember 1 time where he gave me a present and I said "are you santa" he said "yes I am what you want me to be" I was like fine can I have something better (spoilt me lol) he said "no" and then said "get out" but yh thats my family tradition.

Why2u
01-09-2008, 01:06 AM
Habbo Name: .:Nikko5:.
Habbox Name: Why2u
My entry:
Our Family Tradition is to wrap our used present wrappings around the tree.

BlueTackle
01-09-2008, 09:03 AM
Habbo Name: BAMitzSAM,-x
Habbox Name: Bluetackle
My entry: in our family were all english and on our wedding we have to wear a kilt, if its to tight we have to live with it, if its to loose we have to tie rope around it. Its named after our surname.

1xBabyCakesx1
01-09-2008, 09:04 AM
Habbo/x name:- 1xBabyCakesx1

My entry:- We have a guest room that is completely white. Every christmas, easter ect. we have to paint something related to that time on the wall. if a baby is born you can paint a dummy. i dunno why. My mum done it when she was little and brought it into our family its really quite fun

united-champ
01-09-2008, 11:53 AM
Habbo Name: united-champ
Habbox Name: united-champ
My entry: Every Christmas when we put the Ham in the oven, we collect the stock eat the ham over a few days in sarnies sometimes when its just came out, And we use the stock to make Good Old North Eastern Pease Pudding! :
Image Of Pease Pudding Below!
Its Gorgeous!

Ofc, ours doesnt look like this :P

http://i324.photobucket.com/albums/k342/eastonch/pease-pud.jpg

:S

hope this is the weirdest :P

Also, another tradition is when we make, http://thefoody.com/cheese/cauliflowercheese.html

We eat it the day after warmed up in the microwave :P
Its' Lush!

jamie1564
01-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Habbo Name: jamie1564
Habbox Name : jamie1564
My Entry: Well on christmas eve my mum cooks this really huge roast dinner - it probably tastes delish but the thing is my dad runs out and brings in this huge box of polishing cloths and tubs with polish in . Then we all dish out our food and we see who can make our dinner the shiniest !!! We have 6mins 30 seconds to do it . I never thought it was weird when i was younger and I ALWAYS WON! It was really funny then afterwords everyone would make a little medal out of different materials and write the winners name on it and then stick them on the top of the xmas tree around the angels neck !!! Its REALLY REALLY FUN! But dont worry we dont eat the food. Well we always throw it out and have a proper roast after. But once my little baby cousin got a bit outa kitchen bin - a roast potato AND ATE IT! - he was sick after though !

FlyingJesus
01-09-2008, 03:37 PM
We host orgies at the local church and pretend it's a book club

SkiitlesMan
01-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Habbo Name: SkiitlesMan

Habbox Name: SkiitlesMan

My entry: When we eat dinner, some one always drops somethings, so when they do, we run around our table and sit back down at our table. When we sit down we yell out what place we finished. While we run around the table. The person that dropped something has to pick it up and run it to the trash can. The last person back has to do something embarassing in front of our whole neighbour hood. It's really funny, un less your that loser. @_@

Melsia
02-09-2008, 01:58 PM
Habbox name- Melsia

Habbo name- Melsia

Entry- This didn't start as a tradition, just laziness in our house, but whenever we have a guest over for dinner we (me, my brother and my sister, my parents never notice) put something weird with the salt and vinger and sauces and stuff. It usually something completely random like toothpaste. It's our dream that someone trys to put face cream on their food or something!

Mathew
02-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Habbo Name: omgMatt
Habbox Name: omgMatt
My entry: Whenever we get a box of those Tea Cakes and decide to eat them, (chocolate covered marshmallow), we always smash them with our fist, and then eat them. They just taste better... ;)

ella6677
04-09-2008, 11:33 PM
Habbox name- Ella6677
Habbo name- Ella6677
Entry- every thanksgiving day after my family eats the turkey. an hour later we go swimming or go to the gym to work out to loose some pounds. its fun but hard work:@

Ohirian
07-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Habbo Name: Ohirian
Habbox Name: Ohirian
Entry:

My Familys weirdest tradition is that we buy two turkeys.
We cook the first one but with the second one, we put names in the middle.
Someone will then pull out a name and the person chosen, will have to walk into the street and start singing a Christmas Carol.

Diqu
07-09-2008, 10:01 PM
Habbox name- Candler

Habbo name- Candler

Entry- My family tradition is to fail :)

Ntshiashee
07-09-2008, 11:19 PM
habbo name: Ntshiashee

habbox name: Ntshiashee

entry: Every thanksgiving we have about 20 people in our family that attend, so we all go to a fire house (fire station) and have our thanksgiving there. It's a very large fire house, and since the first time we went there we decided to slide down the fire pole, and if you want to do it you have to wear a Santa hat, and sing a carol. It's quite fun, but also very embarrassing, especially when my brother brings a different girlfriend every year.

super-tictac
14-09-2008, 09:54 AM
Habbox Name : Super-Tictac
Habbo Name : Super-Tictac

My Tradition is to eat a stick of butter before every meal :S If any of you find this funny well i dont care this is ME and MY FAMILY :@

:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_danc:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

opopop
18-09-2008, 12:54 PM
Habbo Name: opopop1994
Habbox Name: opopop
Idea: every year we get up at about 3-4 am but only went to sleep at midnight maybe l8er and we stay up all morning onpeneing all of our presents and normally we just finish openeing em as the sun goes up and me and my older brother then play with them whilst my parents go to sleep and we have done that for about 10 years now and in only 14.. its the best tiem of the year being with my parents and new gifts...

.Robman.
19-09-2008, 08:09 AM
Habbo name: .robman.
Habbox name: .robman.
Entry: Every year we all stand along the measuring wall (me + cousins + all the other relatives) and compare how much we've grown in that year (marking it on the wall with a pen and comparing it to last years mark basically). We measure up how much everyone has grown (or even shrunk!) and whoever has the biggest difference gets squirty cream and custard pies and bangers thrown at them!

mizzbabygirl
21-09-2008, 07:16 PM
Habbo Name: mizzbabygirl
Habbox Name: mizzbabygirl
My entry: me and my brother used to leave food for 'santa' we knew my dad used to eat it so one day we covered a date in salt sugar peanut butter and whatever was in the cupboards it was hilarious :P

Xarea
22-09-2008, 06:15 PM
We host orgies at the local church and pretend it's a book club

omg.. same here? :O

Edited by LeahBaby--Ox (Senior Competitions Staff): Please don't post comments or questions in the competition threads. Thanks.

RyanDOT
29-09-2008, 07:56 PM
Habbo Name: owendagreat1
Habbox Name: RyanDOT
My entry: Someone in the family crashes/breaks the car, so we have to buy a new one. Happens every year!

H0BJ0B
30-09-2008, 05:40 PM
This competition is now closed. Our winner is: Melsia!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!