PDA

View Full Version : Valid Html 4.1 transitional

8Freak8
01-09-2004, 03:32 PM
What do you want to happen then? Im not sure if you mean the xx's are the actual values, but if you are saying them 2 tags arnt working, its because of spelling. The tags are bordercolor= and height=

You completely confused me though :)

Mentor
01-09-2004, 11:39 PM
Im trying to make my sites html complety valid under html 4.1 transitnal, althogh using the w3.org valider ive fixed most problems, it seems that the hight="xx" and bordercolour="xx" tag's are no longer valid, and i need a substiture as its those tags wich keep my page in teh correct shape and work as place holders for a few scripts.? does anyone know a substite tag? or a bit of css to do this?

Mentor
02-09-2004, 09:00 AM
ok? i strted this topic so this is confusing? its jumbled up?

Anyway by xx i ment random values, plus i did use teh correct spelling of hight on my site as but the english spelling of cloare, both used to be valid, and do still work in all browsers, to see what i mean, see http://validator.w3.org/ and run my site, and u notice teh tags are no longer valid, and i need a substitue, athogh im thinking of attempting to use a css avlue, but i dnt know if it will work.

EDIT BY :G.M.T: FORUM MODERATOR:

Plz don't double post simply edit your previous one

8Freak8
02-09-2004, 02:34 PM
GMT, if you're going to warn him, you could atleast read his post. Its jumbled up, it isnt his fault. Look who started the thread and look whos post is at the top. Gawd.

Mentor,
Problem 1: Not sure
Problem 2: Why do you need a border colour if the border is set to 0?
Problem 3 4 5: Dont you need to have border="1" before it?
Problem 6: You need frameborder="0" I think
Problem 7: Not sure

Mentor
02-09-2004, 03:08 PM
thanks for saying, i pms a reply to my warning.

true the boaredr isnt essental but the hight tag is, i tryed a verson where it was coreect and there was a big mess. thanks anyway, i think i figred out how to do it in css.... hopefuly

:G.M.T:
02-09-2004, 03:15 PM
yes but what i am trying to tell him that he should not double post even if it isn't his fault he should still edit his previous one

Edit:

i am sorry i thought it was a double post but after reading your post in the reports bugs forum i realised sorry about the mentor :S

Skitgraves
02-09-2004, 04:13 PM
whats it matter if its vaild 4.1?
It'll still work on the internet so whats the problem?
someones not gonna come on and say :o his height and borders arnt vaild in 4.1!

Mentor
02-09-2004, 05:25 PM
no but i wnat one of teh w3 buttons, lol.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!