PDA

View Full Version : Money is wrecking football.

Excellent
05-09-2008, 10:58 PM
It's a bloody shambles honestly. First us (UNITED) buying berbatov for something like 32 odd mil, joke. We have never really spent a lot on players but no we feel we have to?

City, some naive arab comes in flashing his pocket money like a spoilt school girl and thinks he can make city the best club in the prem? City were already a decent team who I think could have gone far under hughes this season. The players were starting to mature gel together.

Liverpool, keane.. come on.. he WAS NOT needed, you got Kuyt for god sakes!

Chelsea, some ruski comes in and things he can change the face of the prem, haha, joke number 2. Who won the prem and champs league this year?

Alot of you may not agree especially City and Liverpool supporters but it's a bloody shambles and should be sorted before the game gets ruined. Football is supposed to be about passion and love, not money and popularity.

Chipmunk
05-09-2008, 11:00 PM
shuddup, you sound like a girl.

quit your whinging.

Geraint
05-09-2008, 11:02 PM
I've said that money is ruining football before. You have to look at the wider picture. All this money means that teams are become better, meaning more fans, but this will affect lower league teams by reducing their fan numbers as some clubs will dcide to lower prices and fans will grow into supporting that club menaing that lower league clubs will not gain as much money. If a lower league club produces a brilliant player who is worth £10m, Manchester United could come in, bid £5m and the guy would go just because it is Manchester United where as the team could have had £10m.

Loqo
05-09-2008, 11:49 PM
I have just made a thread on this not seeing this one. I totally agree with you. Am a Liverpool Supporter and I admit that Keane was NOT needed. He has appeared useless anyway and shows no sign to improve unless he gets confident after his first goal (Whenever that will be) to help him come into it more.

Loser
06-09-2008, 12:23 AM
It's ironic that people talk about too much money in football, yet three teams in League Two have been forced into administration. This sort of thing shouldn't happen at the same time as Man City spending £32m on Robinho. £32m is more than Cardiff's new stadium is costing.

Javascrypt
06-09-2008, 12:24 AM
It's a bloody shambles honestly. First us (UNITED) buying berbatov for something like 32 odd mil, joke. We have never really spent a lot on players but no we feel we have to?

City, some naive arab comes in flashing his pocket money like a spoilt school girl and thinks he can make city the best club in the prem? City were already a decent team who I think could have gone far under hughes this season. The players were starting to mature gel together.

Liverpool, keane.. come on.. he WAS NOT needed, you got Kuyt for god sakes!

Chelsea, some ruski comes in and things he can change the face of the prem, haha, joke number 2. Who won the prem and champs league this year?

Alot of you may not agree especially City and Liverpool supporters but it's a bloody shambles and should be sorted before the game gets ruined. Football is supposed to be about passion and love, not money and popularity.

Money has always been money im afraid.

Misawa
06-09-2008, 02:30 AM
Wrecked*

FlyingJesus
06-09-2008, 03:25 AM
Wrecked*

is wrecked?

And no the money is good it feeds into FA funds so works for the entire football economy worldwide and its about entertainemnt of course peopl wantexpenseive players on a team they play well and if they willing to pay why not

Funya Chin
06-09-2008, 09:07 AM
And no the money is good it feeds into FA funds so works for the entire football economy worldwide and its about entertainemnt of course peopl wantexpenseive players on a team they play well and if they willing to pay why not

Because it ruins lower league football.

Flamedragon3
06-09-2008, 10:50 AM
The thing is football isn't just about entertainment. It's also a business, and thats why so much money is going into football nowadays because of its popularity. The Premier League is the main target for a business, because it is said to be the most competitive league, and also the biggest sport in England. Which means a lot of profit to some business men/women.

Yes I agree money is ruining football, but its because it a business.You have to think though, if we didn't have money in football, then there wouldn't be any football at all because there will be nothing to run the teams...

I'm afraid this is how it goes, and it is a shame to see lower league teams fall. The way money is going in the Premier League, the F.A might start shutting down some teams and reducing the amount of leagues in England. Also, now the Premier league is getting so muchricher, no other team can make it into this league.

Funya Chin
06-09-2008, 11:16 AM
The thing is football isn't just about entertainment. It's also a business, and thats why so much money is going into football nowadays because of its popularity. The Premier League is the main target for a business, because it is said to be the most competitive league, and also the biggest sport in England. Which means a lot of profit to some business men/women.

Yes I agree money is ruining football, but its because it a business.You have to think though, if we didn't have money in football, then there wouldn't be any football at all because there will be nothing to run the teams...

I'm afraid this is how it goes, and it is a shame to see lower league teams fall. The way money is going in the Premier League, the F.A might start shutting down some teams and reducing the amount of leagues in England. Also, now the Premier league is getting so muchricher, no other team can make it into this league.

You wouldn't be saying that 20 years ago.

Flamedragon3
07-09-2008, 12:50 PM
You wouldn't be saying that 20 years ago.
Ye... because I wasn't born? lmao!

But either way, its true! I even thought the same 3 years ago with Chelsea. Its because football is a business and thats a fact. Without money in football, there wouldn't be any football. Did you think the players just magicly got money from the sky when they played football?? :P

FlyingJesus
07-09-2008, 12:57 PM
But either way, its true! I even thought the same 3 years ago with Chelsea. Its because football is a business and thats a fact. Without money in football, there wouldn't be any football. Did you think the players just magicly got money from the sky when they played football?? :P

Init, football's a private business so of course some will be richer than others, it happens in lower leagues too just on a far smaller scale

Alan_Carr
07-09-2008, 06:52 PM
Stop crying about the way football is, football is amazing, the prem is the best league in the world and always will be.
Its exciting you glory fan, " we bought berbatov bla bla bla "
if u were a real fan, you would be happy you got him, go buy a replica shirt u part time glory supporter.
( aimed at creator of thread )

Geraint
07-09-2008, 07:48 PM
If money wasn't ruining football, there wouldn't be teams such as FCUM and FC Liverpool. Luton, Bournemouth, Rotherham wouldn't be in adminstration either.

Funya Chin
07-09-2008, 10:45 PM
Money is ruining football as we know it.

Put it that way.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!