PDA

View Full Version : UFC 88 - Tonight!

Loqo
06-09-2008, 01:55 PM
UFC 88 is on Setanta Sports 1 live tonight at 3AM. Looking forward to Chuck Liddell's return. He's fighting Rashad Evans, a young undefeated fighter who has beaten Tito Ortiz and Michael Bisping. Chuck Liddell is getting slightly older now but I hope he still has those bomb of a hands and puts Rashad to sleep. The countdown is on Setanta Sports 1 and 2AM and then followed by the event. Setanta has only normally aired UFC within the last 1 to 2 years or so starting with just showing the times UFC came to the UK (Starting with UFC 70 in Manchester which I went to and was awesome! :)) But now shows all ones being in America hence it being on in the morning. Little description of the UFC site.

In his first fight since a stunning victory over Wanderlei Silva at UFC 79, UFC legend Chuck "The Iceman" Liddell is back to face undefeated light heavyweight contender Rashad "Sugar" Evans. Will Evans plow through Liddell to jump to the top of the 205-lb. rankings? Or will Liddell successfully continue his crusade to regain the UFC Light Heavyweight Title?

And for the fight card...

Main Event - Chuck Liddell Vs. Rashad Evans

Rich Franklin Vs. Matt Hamill

Dan Henderson Vs. Rousimar Palhares

Martin Kampmann Vs. Nate Marquardt

Dong Hyun Kim Vs. Matt Brown

Thiago Tavares Vs. Kurt Pellegrino

Tim Boetsch Vs. Michael Patt

Jason Lambert Vs. Jason MacDonald

Roan Carneiro Vs. Ryo Chonan

If you watched UFC and was into it this is an excellent fight card. I cant wait for it. Just thought I'd let you guys know if anyone would like to watch it.

- Peter

Malachy
06-09-2008, 02:48 PM
When are the different events? Like 88 is now, whens 89?
Sorry haven't watched it for ages lol.

Loqo
06-09-2008, 02:59 PM
UFC 89 is on October 19th When Michael Bisping (Trains in Liverpool and have met him :)) fights the Canadian Chris Leben. The events vary in between from 3 weeks to 2 months.

Rou
06-09-2008, 03:47 PM
Its a good card but its obvious that Lidells gona knock evans out:rolleyes:
Franklins nothing after he got destroyed by Silva 2times in a row.
I'm looking forward too seeing if Anderson Silvas going to Birmingham for UFC 89;)

JackBuddy
06-09-2008, 04:44 PM
Boo Setanta.

Loqo
06-09-2008, 06:54 PM
Its a good card but its obvious that Lidells gona knock evans out:rolleyes:
Franklins nothing after he got destroyed by Silva 2times in a row.
I'm looking forward too seeing if Anderson Silvas going to Birmingham for UFC 89;)

Am not entirely sure on Liddell. He is getting on and Rashad is in his Prime at the moment. Franklin had a virus the first time he fighted Anderson and true, after his second one, he wasnt the same fighter.

Malachy
06-09-2008, 07:07 PM
UFC 89 is on October 19th When Michael Bisping (Trains in Liverpool and have met him :)) fights the Canadian Chris Leben. The events vary in between from 3 weeks to 2 months.
Oh right cool thanks. Hoping to get back into watching it.

Loqo
06-09-2008, 07:38 PM
Oh right cool thanks. Hoping to get back into watching it.

No problem. I was trying to get tickets for it but i'm going to try get the next one that will be in the UK now.

Malachy
07-09-2008, 09:39 AM
No problem. I was trying to get tickets for it but i'm going to try get the next one that will be in the UK now.
If it's in Birmingham I think I might be able to go.

Rou
07-09-2008, 11:27 AM
Am not entirely sure on Liddell. He is getting on and Rashad is in his Prime at the moment. Franklin had a virus the first time he fighted Anderson and true, after his second one, he wasnt the same fighter.
Still a Virus isnt much of a exuce when your against Silva, he's the best pound for pound fighter at the moment.

If it's in Birmingham I think I might be able to go.
I'm going :) Ticketfactory.com for the tickets, its at the Birmingham NIA.

I'm surprised about last night the chuckster getting koed :O

Loqo
07-09-2008, 12:24 PM
Still a Virus isnt much of a exuce when your against Silva, he's the best pound for pound fighter at the moment.

I'm going :) Ticketfactory.com for the tickets, its at the Birmingham NIA.

I'm surprised about last night the chuckster getting koed :O

I told you not to be so sure. Chuck Liddell is past his best. If he was still young and in his prime when he has the belt who would of walked over Rashad. And yes, Anderson is the best pound-for-pound fighter but Franklin would of give him a better fight without it. Franklin was the best.

newWORLDorder
07-09-2008, 12:28 PM
Looking forward to Bispings fight, gonna be epic. Seen him a few times in town in Liverpool.

But Rashad over Liddell was a shocker. Shame aswell.

Cant wait for 91, Lesnar = New UFC Champ

Loqo
07-09-2008, 12:33 PM

Is that a joke? Lesnar made his deput against a well past his best Frank Mir (Totally changed after a year out the UFC due to a motorcycle accident) and lost. He's just big and wont last long in the sport. He's a showman, he needs to get back to WWE or where ever he was.

newWORLDorder
07-09-2008, 12:36 PM
I can see him winning the strap, but not holding it for that long. I do eventually think it will die, probs within the next 24 months. Therefore he will go back to WWE. WWE to UFC, or UFC to WWE does not work (Ken Shamrock). But yeah, a small title run for Brock is in the air IMO.

Loqo
07-09-2008, 12:47 PM
UFC will die? Its growing faster then ever. If any sport is swallowing itself its Boxing. It has too many belts and people find it hard to get excited over fights. Everyone is resulting in MMA because its so better and so unpredictable. Boxing is one aspect of fighting, MMA is everything. Lesnar wont win against the likes of Tim Sylvia and Randy Couture has now announced he will fight him. Randy Couture is the greatest UFC fighter in history. Beating everyone when he was in his prime. Retiring, coming back to fight the Heavyweight champion Tim Sylvia and completely destroying him all 5 rounds. He then fights Gonzaga who came of a great win against Cro Cop and destroyed him. He retired again and now is coming back at 45 to fight Lesnar. I feel Randy is so far past his best he wont be able to pull it off and you'll have all these Lesnar fans thinking he's fantastic because a pulled a win over a well out his day UFC legend. I say get him in their Kongo, thats a good fight and Lesnar wont last with him.

Rou
07-09-2008, 07:51 PM
I told you not to be so sure. Chuck Liddell is past his best. If he was still young and in his prime when he has the belt who would of walked over Rashad. And yes, Anderson is the best pound-for-pound fighter but Franklin would of give him a better fight without it. Franklin was the best.
I hadnt watched Evans before, so i couldnt realy call it. Its a shame to see Chuck like that though.
Franklins nothing on Anderson even if he was better. The guy destroyed the middleweight devision even Dana White said so.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!