PDA

View Full Version : UNI's!

Abbie.
06-09-2008, 06:19 PM
ok, yesterday I was at the uni of ulster, the jordanstown one, but i really hated it LOL. I just messed about in the sports bit doing the 100m's (i won:8) until we got chucked out.. but nothing there interested me, and the only course im looking into is primary school teaching, and for every 800 students, theres only 60 jobs....

im going to queens next week to look around, but in england, is there any like good uni's for teaching, i really have no clue..

MissAlice
06-09-2008, 06:45 PM
Have you looked at www.ucas.co.uk

Abbie.
06-09-2008, 08:12 PM
Have you looked at www.ucas.co.uk (http://www.ucas.co.uk)

yea, but theres so many, i dont have a clue which one to look at, and what courses will actually be any use

MissAlice
06-09-2008, 09:50 PM
http://search.ucas.co.uk/cgi-bin/hsrun/search/search/StateId/DAUh83vDOaHRnHoSbeqZCLluV5Hi3-4IKv/HAHTpage/search.HsKeywordSuggestion.whereNext?query=1977&word=PRIMARY+TEACHING&single=N

Take a look on this page, and see what qualifications you need. There is loads to see on this site :)

Angel-Light
06-09-2008, 10:21 PM
Look on the website, that MissAlice has given you but also order prospectus' from different Uni's you think you might like even go for ones you wouldn't consider. You might find that you don't want to do teaching but don't think about the job prospects at the moment.

I'm just about to start University doing a 4 year Honours degree in Computing being combined with a 3 years bachelor degree in Secondary Education. More Uni's are putting on 4 years course than the typical, do a degree and then do a year of teacher training.

A good amount of research into what course you want to do can really pay off and take your time on making the decisions as it doesn't need to be all done at once :P

Abbie.
06-09-2008, 10:28 PM
i have, im signed up on it and everything, but its not really that helpful lmao

i think i actually need to see a careers adviser

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!