PDA

View Full Version : I don't want to go to Alton Towers now :(

Viruz
10-09-2008, 11:24 AM
OK so i'm going to Alton Towers on Sunday with a load of my friends and it will be the first time ive ever been on a roller coaster and i'm actually quote worried i mean. Heights don't bother nor does going fast but people are like man they will make you feel so sick and they sometimes break down.

gaga1
10-09-2008, 11:33 AM
It shouldn't matter if they make you feel sick, that's just the thrill of it - it's all fun.

J0SH
10-09-2008, 11:35 AM
Well if you're scared of heights instead of going on roller coasters how about go on the tea cups or something?

Blinger1
10-09-2008, 11:52 AM
The merry go round sounds good too, or the farris wheel?

BlueEyedSarah
10-09-2008, 01:38 PM
Roller Coasters are nothing to worry about, it is very slim chance anything bad will happen. If Rollercoasters were so dangerious then they would not be around. Rollercoasters are quick and fun and you hardly feel sick, I think you would feel much sick going on a tea cups ride than a rollercoaster :P

brandon
10-09-2008, 01:40 PM
If you've got a fear of going on a rollercoaster, going to a theme park is perhaps not the best idea..

MissAlice
10-09-2008, 02:29 PM
OK so i'm going to Alton Towers on Sunday with a load of my friends and it will be the first time ive ever been on a roller coaster and i'm actually quote worried i mean. Heights don't bother nor does going fast but people are like man they will make you feel so sick and they sometimes break down.

Oh dear, I think your friends are exaggerating slightly, sure the rides are fast, they are also quite exciting and they don't always make you feel sick. Fear does that or stuffing your face with too much food before you go on the rides, so instead of working yourself up into a frenzy just go and enjoy the rides. If you see a ride you don't fancy, sit it out. Just enjoy the day, Alton Towers is amazing :)

Ramones
10-09-2008, 02:32 PM
If you've got a fear of going on a rollercoaster, going to a theme park is perhaps not the best idea..

Well deciphered.

Once you've been on them i'm pretty sure you'll love em. There's pretty much nothing to be scared about, even if they did break down it's not like you're going to go plummeting to the floor, most of them just get stuck on the tracks, which still is like a 1/1000 chance.
You shouldn't be afraid of feeling sick either, not everyone feels sick from then and even if you do, you sit down for 10 minutes drink some water and then go on another mint ride. Just go ;)

Mathew
10-09-2008, 03:15 PM
Roller Coasters run continuously all day at theme parks. Some theme parks are really old too. Do you think the roller coasters would still be allowed to run if they were dangerous or unsafe?

If you're having doubts and really want to settle your nerves, ask to see the certificate of the ride which basically says it's a registered ride.

I have been going on coasters since I was tall enough, and love every single one. You don't know if you like it until you try it. :)

Moh
10-09-2008, 03:22 PM
Theres a small roller coaster called The Run Away Mine Train or something, go on that, and if you like that, move to Air. If you like that, move to Rita.

After that Spinball, Nemesis and Oblivion.

Oh, and if you want to go on the oldest roller coaster and come off with a head ache, Corkscrew.

If you don't go on them, you will be bored for about 1 hour in the Ques :P

e5
10-09-2008, 03:23 PM
1. You'll only feel sick if you eat before you go on a ride
2. It won't break down, it's been going for years and the rides have succeeded more times than they have broken down.

sock
10-09-2008, 03:36 PM
rite i learnt this, don't go on rita then go on corkscrew... OUCHH!!! man i hate that rita dnt have proper handles. so it wrecks your shoulder.

JackBuddy
10-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Honestly, Alton Towers is nothing to be scared of.

Btw, you have a higher chance of getting injured on the way to a theme park than in one itself.

Kardan
10-09-2008, 03:54 PM

They don't make you sick, and they rarely break down.

Nemesis broke down whilst I was on it though :eusa_whis

Hushie
10-09-2008, 04:49 PM
Breaking down's the fun bit?

Dan2nd
10-09-2008, 05:08 PM
I used to be just like you a few years ago then I went on the Rockin Rollercoaster at Disney and loved it :P

I also don't understand why people seem to think if you eat lots you'll be sick on rides... I went on stealth at thorpe park after having burger king :D One thing I would reccormend is that you have a proper breakfast or w.e before going on rides.. the only time I've nearly been sick is when I hadn't had anything to eat all day and went on a rather fast ride which went upside down..

Slowpoke
10-09-2008, 05:11 PM
There is absolutely nothing to worry about - Roller coasters are the safest form of transport - FACT (although it's not really the best way of getting around). Make sure you go on Ripsaw! :D

joshuar
10-09-2008, 05:57 PM
I would recommend to stay clear of Corkscrew, it ruins your day with the headache.

Rita is alright, but it did my neck in. But once you've been on 1 "big ride" you will get addicted to the rush :D

Technologic
10-09-2008, 06:49 PM
Corkscrew = pain

The rest are mint though and avoid oblivion if you dont like coasters

Oleh
10-09-2008, 07:29 PM
They only make you sick if you have motion sickness , i have full meals then go straight on rides like air and dont fell different

Describe
11-09-2008, 02:43 PM

Most of the rollercoasters in Alton Towers stop and/or break. I was on the oblivion when it was meant to plummet into the black hole. It stopped half way and we felt really unsafe dangling there. It was a while before they fixed the problem. Air, the one that goes upside down also stops alot and isn´t really worthit. My sister and her fiance wen't on air and that also stopped. It's not great.

Adam!
14-09-2008, 05:16 PM
Most of the rollercoasters in Alton Towers stop and/or break. I was on the oblivion when it was meant to plummet into the black hole. It stopped half way and we felt really unsafe dangling there. It was a while before they fixed the problem. Air, the one that goes upside down also stops alot and isn´t really worthit. My sister and her fiance wen't on air and that also stopped. It's not great.
Well thats a lie on its own, its impossible for Oblivion's trains to stop just before the launch into the pit - It never completely stops anyway.. It just moves VERY VERY VERY slow.

Kardan
14-09-2008, 05:19 PM

Oblivion can't stop half way down the vertical part (as it goes into the hole) because it falls under gravity.

Adam!
14-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Oblivion can't stop half way down the vertical part (as it goes into the hole) because it falls under gravity.
Nor can it stop on the reverse convayor at the top of the drop either.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!