PDA

View Full Version : Should benefits be scrapped ?

Hayd93
10-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Should benefits be scrapped ?

In my opinion yes they should. It basicly encourges people to stay at hme and would be alot better spend on something like a hospital. The thing that annoys me is EMA, They are giving students money for being at collage for education and they go and spend it on things like phones. This annoys me even more when people who accually pay there taxs and do godo for the country get jack **** but lazy scroungers get it all.

It really does make me sick that the **** we pay for. My parents pay there tax, for what some chav to go to school that all you get is a ruck of abuse off them. In my opinion they should be writing thank you letters.

Anyway your views.

Havoline
10-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Ema I think should stay, fair enough most spend it on phones but you do get quite a few who are from a poor family and can't afford to learn just with their parents wages. This gives them the opportunity to get an education. Also the ones who spend it on phones etc. are further disadvantaged. It also means that people can't use the excuse they come from a poor family as an excuse for having a bad education.

prada
10-09-2008, 07:45 PM
im with you brudda!!!!!! i agree that like benfits should be there for people who physically can't work, but peeps who are just LAZY should be made to work for their money like everybody else. and yeah ema should be scrapped, its crap! my parents earn over 30k and id never get 30 quid a week to spend on **** lmao but i think in some ways it should stay because some people can't actually afford like books or pens or out and it is a bit depressing but i think in some ways maybe their parents should have worked harder to get further? all cases are different though so its hard to judge the whole of ema just on the selfish ***** who buy their cigs and stuff with it

Moh
10-09-2008, 07:50 PM
With benefits, the majority actually spend it stuff they need.

When in education nearly every day, it is hard to get a job to pay for luxury items. Some parents expect there kids to pay for there own stuff once there old enough to earn money them selfs.

Luckily, my mum has an okish wage, so I don't have to spend my money on luxury items :P

But EMA comes in handy for me because:
Travel - £2.10 per day, 4 days a week:
£8.40
Food - £4/5 per day, 4 days a week:
£16
Snacks during college - £3 per day, 4 days a week
£12

So on an average week, I will be spending more than my £30 ema.

But I usaly steal my sisters bus pass so I get free travel now and then xD

I think people should be assessed before getting benifits. Such as Job Seakers allouance, alot of the people can get jobs, but why work when you can get the same amount not working?

So some allouance's should be lowered.

Nemo
10-09-2008, 07:58 PM
They should stay forever and ever. EMA is a little over, maybe should be lowered but since i'll probaly get it, im not really complaining.

But like my mum is on benefits, not by choice or 'laziness' just the fact her life got screwed up in terms of education from a young age and then had some ermmm.... unlucky health problems which means she cant work. Although she is trying which a lot of these people should do, eg. shes starting college soon.

People who are on benefits (depending on which one) should be MADE to get a job within the first month, because after that it pretty much is laziness.

BlueEyedSarah
11-09-2008, 05:35 AM
Some people are unable to work and in no fit state to work so why take away money they need to earn in life? For the ones who are capable of working and are on unemployment money the job seekers do everything to help find a job to get you off the benifit money asap.

jrh2002
11-09-2008, 04:21 PM
I think for job seekers you should only be allowed to claim 1 years worth in your lifetime and then any extra you need you get back out what you have paid in through national insurance. The fact I know people from school who have never worked and always claimed always have plenty of cash :eusa_wall

People on incapacity through no fault of their own need to be looked after but surely if they are capable of doing any job even answering phones should be pushed back into work. Anybody with stress or depression should get nothing unless we can give them ropes with ready tied nooses just to stop them scrounging off the state.

I think anybody who has a child and cant afford them themselves or with help from their family should have the kid taken off them. Why should my tax pay for all these scum bags who have kids just for the benefits and a house/flat? Maybe if you want to claim benefits you should be forced to have the contaceptive injection (Including men if its possible) just to stop you breeding a future generation of wasters to follow in your footsteps.

People who end up stuck through death need looking after and any divorces should take into account the childrens future should be on the settlement to make sure they dont become a burden on my tax.

How come people come here who are of retirement age can get a full pention even though they have never paid a penny into our system?

Chuck all people on benefits into hostels and let the people who work hard have the council houses as they will pay for them.

Yes I am pretty harsh but why should others who pay tax have their hard earned money spent on ppl who expect to sit on their ***** all their life and do nothing.

I was once told if we have a disaster in britain we are all out helping but when a disaster happens abroad (3rd world etc) the people just sit at the side of the road and watch the aid workers do everything :o That is just how I see 95% of the people on benefits in the uk. lazy scroungers.

I do however understand there are people who do deserve benefits who lose their jobs through no fault of their own as well as people injured or disabled who need lots of help. I imagine the people who deserve benefits feel very annoyed when they see all these free loaders who are giving all benefit claiments a bad name.

,Jess,
11-09-2008, 04:25 PM

In my opinion yes they should. It basicly encourges people to stay at hme and would be alot better spend on something like a hospital. The thing that annoys me is EMA, They are giving students money for being at collage for education and they go and spend it on things like phones. This annoys me even more when people who accually pay there taxs and do godo for the country get jack **** but lazy scroungers get it all.

It really does make me sick that the **** we pay for. My parents pay there tax, for what some chav to go to school that all you get is a ruck of abuse off them. In my opinion they should be writing thank you letters.

Anyway your views.

A lot of people genuinely need benefits to get by and some people cannot work for various reasons ones you might not know just by looking at them so it is really unfair to generalise.

I get EMA and I think it's fair, I pay £15 a week for busfair and then I have to buy my lunch and books for English and stuff so EMA covers it and what I have left over, which last year was right at the end of the year then yeah I admit I used some on myself but really seeing as it's there and available to me I don't see why I shouldn't. I do think though that it would be better if the people who sort EMA look better at individuals circumstances because lots of people who could do with the extra money miss out.

Also the comments about chavs and stuff. I'm not being funny but like just because someone may have less money or their parents don't work doesn't make them a chav lol.

Oh and yeah there are some people who scrounge off of the benefits system but not everyone on benefits or who gets ema is like that and some people wouldn't be able to get by without it so no it shouldn't be scrapped.

Nereo
11-09-2008, 04:26 PM
I think you just need to find all the people on incapacity benefit who are perfectly capable of working and get them back into work :)

By force if necessary :P

jrh2002
11-09-2008, 05:10 PM
I am all for benefits for the people who deserve them :) But instead of it being a stop gap when you are down on your luck or have health problems there are so manyyyyyyyyyy people who use benefits as their income and expect to recieve them forever. I was listening to the radio the other month and some guy said he wont come off benefits unless he gets a job on 25k a year :s because with all his benefits and housing thats what he would need to survive :s he should get any job and work his way up. A person who has worked for 6 months on the minimum wage or some guy who has been on benefits for ages. who would you employ?

I understand the EMA but it should be for ALL or nobody. How is it right that the people with jobs or higher paid jobs who pay the most in to the system have to support others and their own? We could mention free uni in scotland and free perscriptions in wales but thats another debate.

An old family friend who lost her husband and after a while couldnt look after herself at home went into a care home :o she was forced to sell the house her and her husband had worked for over the years to pay for her care :@ then there were people there who have never worked hard in their lives and claimed benefit who because they had nothing got their care paid for by the government.

This new help for ppl in trouble with their houses yet again is wrong. if me and my neighbour have identical houses and both a similar salary but i worked hard and saved every penny to keep my bills paid then great :) but if they have pissed or gambled their cash up the wall and find themselves in mortgage trouble the governement scheme will help them :s

Work hard and get penalised

Be a lazy scrounger and get rewarded

When will this country realise that rewarding people for failing in life is the wrong thing to do? And then penalising the hard working people who even though at times struggle and make a success of their lives. It gets me so angry.

Hayd93
11-09-2008, 05:24 PM
I am all for benefits for the people who deserve them :) But instead of it being a stop gap when you are down on your luck or have health problems there are so manyyyyyyyyyy people who use benefits as their income and expect to recieve them forever. I was listening to the radio the other month and some guy said he wont come off benefits unless he gets a job on 25k a year :s because with all his benefits and housing thats what he would need to survive :s he should get any job and work his way up. A person who has worked for 6 months on the minimum wage or some guy who has been on benefits for ages. who would you employ?

I understand the EMA but it should be for ALL or nobody. How is it right that the people with jobs or higher paid jobs who pay the most in to the system have to support others and their own? We could mention free uni in scotland and free perscriptions in wales but thats another debate.

An old family friend who lost her husband and after a while couldnt look after herself at home went into a care home :o she was forced to sell the house her and her husband had worked for over the years to pay for her care :@ then there were people there who have never worked hard in their lives and claimed benefit who because they had nothing got their care paid for by the government.

This new help for ppl in trouble with their houses yet again is wrong. if me and my neighbour have identical houses and both a similar salary but i worked hard and saved every penny to keep my bills paid then great :) but if they have pissed or gambled their cash up the wall and find themselves in mortgage trouble the governement scheme will help them :s

Work hard and get penalised

Be a lazy scrounger and get rewarded

When will this country realise that rewarding people for failing in life is the wrong thing to do? And then penalising the hard working people who even though at times struggle and make a success of their lives. It gets me so angry.

You have hit the nail on the head. I would not mine paying taxes if old people who have worked all there life got them but instead its some chav that gets them.

Its not right that a forigner that has just come to the country gets more rights to benifits then a pentioner does. What annoys me the most is how ungratefull the people who gets the benifits are. Most of them just throw it back in your face by telling you to f off when you ask them something.

EMA I get verry annoyed about i pay for these people to get £30 a week and they gone spend it one a phone. In my opinion they should get free handouts like a bus pass or some pens. This way they cant spend on crap like phones.

I suggest anyone who has ema and has some left over from school expenses what they do is donate the rest to a pentioner chaity.

jrh2002
11-09-2008, 05:50 PM
To be honest I think all hard workers should try and get as much in benefits as possible :o you might as well get back as much as you can instead of everybody else having it :o this once great country is now in debt and borrowing more and more :s Maybe when you get a perscription or go to the dentist tell them your unemployed so its for free :o they dont know how many ppl are in the country lt alone who puts what on a simple form. If you recieve benefits and deserve them i dont care to much what they spend them on just dont come asking for more :P

buttons
11-09-2008, 05:57 PM
You have hit the nail on the head. I would not mine paying taxes if old people who have worked all there life got them but instead its some chav that gets them.
Its not right that a forigner that has just come to the country gets more rights to benifits then a pentioner does. What annoys me the most is how ungratefull the people who gets the benifits are. Most of them just throw it back in your face by telling you to f off when you ask them something.

EMA I get verry annoyed about i pay for these people to get £30 a week and they gone spend it one a phone. In my opinion they should get free handouts like a bus pass or some pens. This way they cant spend on crap like phones.

I suggest anyone who has ema and has some left over from school expenses what they do is donate the rest to a pentioner chaity.
shut up with your chav ****!! i go to school & i'm gonna get EMA (£30 a week lol) so does that mean i am a chav? just because my dad won't supply mam with his money doesn't mean she's a bad parent or she doesn't do good enough work :S i'm not gonna spend it on a phone, i mean i've got everything i need, grandad & gran paid for college, dads gonna pay for driving lessons & car like he did with my brothers yet i'm still receiving EMA. i'm probably gonna buy some text books or clothes for it and it's not really money wasted.

Kardan
11-09-2008, 06:01 PM
I think benefits should stay, but maybe make some changes to the system.

And you moan at people getting EMA for staying at school, getting further education and getting a good income in the future, yet you moan at people that aren't doing anything, sitting around at home with no income.

Sounds like you just aren't happy :P

Hayd93
11-09-2008, 06:04 PM
shut up with your chav ****!! i go to school & i'm gonna get EMA (£30 a week lol) so does that mean i am a chav? just because my dad won't supply mam with his money doesn't mean she's a bad parent or she doesn't do good enough work :S i'm not gonna spend it on a phone, i mean i've got everything i need, grandad & gran paid for college, dads gonna pay for driving lessons & car like he did with my brothers yet i'm still receiving EMA. i'm probably gonna buy some text books or clothes for it and it's not really money wasted.
Ye sorry about the useage of the word chav i just donno what to call people who dont have as mutch. I would use the word "lower class" but then that sounds so mutch worse.

I think benefits should stay, but maybe make some changes to the system.

And you moan at people getting EMA for staying at school, getting further education and getting a good income in the future, yet you moan at people that aren't doing anything, sitting around at home with no income.

Sounds like you just aren't happy :P
Both annoy me because when i go to collage i will not be getting no £30 a week even though i pay my tax and accually fund ema.

buttons
11-09-2008, 06:09 PM
Ye sorry about the useage of the word chav i just donno what to call people who dont have as mutch. I would use the word "lower class" but then that sounds so mutch worse.
labelling people isn't very nice however you would probably fall into the category of chav for using the incorrect spelling of MUCH, bad education? So people, as you like to call them "chavs", who don't have as much as others should actually be entitled to benefits so I don't see your problem :S Generally college/job is the easy way out for "chavs" so going to school is not as bad as you are making out..

Funya Chin
11-09-2008, 06:10 PM
I'm getting Income Support at the minute as I'm unable to work and do no receive EMA nor any other income and we're not exactly a rich family.

Virgin Mary
11-09-2008, 06:27 PM
If you depend on benefits as a main income you're the underclass. I think people should be entitled to benefits, people struggle enough paying off debts these days and that's with all these benefits.

alexxxxx
11-09-2008, 06:28 PM
I'm getting Income Support at the minute as I'm unable to work and do no receive EMA nor any other income and we're not exactly a rich family.

Why the hell do you still have internet access if you need the money so much.

AND of course benefits shouldn't be scrapped.

EMA needs a good looking over, as i said some people need the money like REALLY need the money for paying for bus fare, food and equipment. But the bonuses are stupid. College and 6th form is for people who want to be there, not bribery which is why we need to scrap the bonuses (and give more to those in DIRE help).

I think that general benefits for food and stuff should be done using vouchers and NOT hard cash to try and discourage benefit fraud. People on jobseeker allowances should be required to work for the council litter picking, etc to show to them there is no option but work or re train.

Hayd93
11-09-2008, 06:32 PM
labelling people isn't very nice however you would probably fall into the category of chav for using the incorrect spelling of MUCH, bad education? So people, as you like to call them "chavs", who don't have as much as others should actually be entitled to benefits so I don't see your problem :S Generally college/job is the easy way out for "chavs" so going to school is not as bad as you are making out..
On this forum my spelling may be bad i agree but when i do you correct grammer ect i can and i know that from a A* for 2 of my courseworks for english.

Please then say what you want me to call people who live off benifits ect. In my book i call them chavs or lower class but round near me we really dont have that chavs only at school we have a few from a local area.

Funya Chin
11-09-2008, 06:34 PM
I don't need money so much.

I contribute to the bills of everything in my house so the money is beneficial. That word, beneficial, where do you think that word comes in?

Anyway, if immigrants can claim a load of crap I think I'm more than entitled to getting benefits if I can't work and I'm not getting SSP.

Think things through.

,Jess,
11-09-2008, 06:34 PM
On this forum my spelling may be bad i agree but when i do you correct grammer ect i can and i know that from a A* for 2 of my courseworks for english.

Please then say what you want me to call people who live off benifits ect. In my book i call them chavs or lower class but round near me we really dont have that chavs only at school we have a few from a local area.

You could just call them people who are on benefits.

buttons
11-09-2008, 06:35 PM

I don't. How does it mean they are living off benefits if they are going to school? at least they are going for an education.
To answer your question, no benefits shouldn't be scrapped.

Earthquake
11-09-2008, 06:38 PM
You know your free to apply for a free oyster 16+ lol

Anyway why should benefits be scrapped, there are alot of foriegners taking up jobs people do go out to take but there turned down as the foreigners will take less pay, more work.

Also EMA should never be scapped as its a bonus for students to help them out in difficult times as there benefit stops for there own help.

Also, as your not getting benefits, please ****, you do not understand, I might have alot of money, but aload of my friends are on benefits and free lanses from the government, but who cares, what else would the government be paying with the money provided? A new car for there Mps? possibly a new house for there MPs? NO THANKS. I like the idea of benefits and EMA, it helps us out as a country and proves we are a great one. I don't even see why this debate has been created, its useless and we are not in the place to judge another.

Earthquake
11-09-2008, 06:40 PM
;5090000']Why the hell do you still have internet access if you need the money so much.

AND of course benefits shouldn't be scrapped.

EMA needs a good looking over, as i said some people need the money like REALLY need the money for paying for bus fare, food and equipment. But the bonuses are stupid. College and 6th form is for people who want to be there, not bribery which is why we need to scrap the bonuses (and give more to those in DIRE help).

I think that general benefits for food and stuff should be done using vouchers and NOT hard cash to try and discourage benefit fraud. People on jobseeker allowances should be required to work for the council litter picking, etc to show to them there is no option but work or re train.
No one actually goes for bribary, they for eduacation and time away from other activitys on the street or at home, it also allows them to learn new skills for the future, the money is there for them to get into the adult world.

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not double post, simply edit your previous post.

alexxxxx
11-09-2008, 06:50 PM
Anyway, if immigrants can claim a load of crap I think I'm more than entitled to getting benefits if I can't work and I'm not getting SSP.
Think things through.

It's a common misconception - most legal immigrants are not entitled to benefits

Also EMA should never be scapped as its a bonus for students to help them out in difficult times as there benefit stops for there own help.

Also, as your not getting benefits, please ****, you do not understand, I might have alot of money, but aload of my friends are on benefits and free lanses from the government, but who cares, what else would the government be paying with the money provided? A new car for there Mps? possibly a new house for there MPs? NO THANKS. I like the idea of benefits and EMA, it helps us out as a country and proves we are a great one. I don't even see why this debate has been created, its useless and we are not in the place to judge another.

Of course EMA shouldn't be scrapped - people deserve equal opportunities.

As you may or may not know, MPs are not allowed to spend the government's money on themselves. They are allowed a certain amount from the government each year and these allowances are often checked and shown. Some government officials have been caught making big claims for dodgy things and have been warned or resigned. I know they are strict because my mum works for the government (not an MP) and has a special card (looks pretty cool actually) and it doesn't allow you to take out cash and every purchase must be work-related or she is in risk of losing her job.

No one actually goes for bribary, they for eduacation and time away from other activitys on the street or at home, it also allows them to learn new skills for the future, the money is there for them to get into the adult world.

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not double post, simply edit your previous post.

I am sure a lot of people use EMA to their needs. But I'm sure lots of people don't need - infact I KNOW people who don't need it who get it. +I don't agree with bonuses.

Technologic
11-09-2008, 06:58 PM
And what if somebody genuinely needs them? Then what?

Crimson
11-09-2008, 07:43 PM
I think they should be kinda scrapped.

They should only be given to those who are totally unable to work (injury etc.) - Not to fat chavvy slobs who cba to work.

jrh2002
11-09-2008, 07:48 PM
I don't need money so much.

I contribute to the bills of everything in my house so the money is beneficial. That word, beneficial, where do you think that word comes in?

Think things through.

I was involved in a bad accident that involved a death (100% not my fault) I was not capable of doing my highly skilled job an had my 28 weeks ssp. Because I was employed but injured I could not get job seekers and because i was capable of answering a phone I could claim nothing as I was able to work. :s so I was stuffed :o that is why im now very hard on all who get anything. Luckily this was a few years ago now and I am back earning a fortune and helping pay for the scroungers :eusa_danc

And what if somebody genuinely needs them? Then what?

Then they should get them :) but anybody found out to be cheating the system should get banged up for a long time. It seems benefit cheats who steal say 10k get a bit of community service at most and dont always have to repay the cash :o what a joke.

MissAlice
11-09-2008, 07:53 PM
Is EMA paid for 52 weeks of the year or just term time?

I don't object to anyone getting EMA, I'm all in favour of supporting teenagers that want to improve their future, but I do think the way it's given is perhaps wrong. Why can't they give bus passes instead? Why do you need money for lunch? If you was at home you would eat lunch, so what stops you taking a packed lunch with you? Although I do think that if you had free school meals, then you would be entitled to a percentage for lunch. Finally you shouldn't have to pay for materials, the government should provide for everyone.

Funya Chin
11-09-2008, 08:14 PM
EMA - Educational Maintenance Allowance

Not buy games and stuff not helping you with education allowance.

Earthquake
11-09-2008, 08:29 PM
I say delete posts with those using the term ''chav'' I know enough grungers/emos/punks, you name it on benefits -.-

Hayd93
11-09-2008, 08:53 PM
I say delete posts with those using the term ''chav'' I know enough grungers/emos/punks, you name it on benefits -.-
Yep i know there are loads and i am fully against them as well. The thing as james said is these scroungeers get money for nothing and when a tax payer like himself needs to have a small income of money for a couple of weeks you basicly get told to **** off.

It does annoy me that i pay tax for some of the **** that live in britain. The EMA i am against that as it accually makes my education worse as we get scroungers that are just there for there EMA.

-Xiangu-
12-09-2008, 04:34 PM
I wouldn't want benefits to get scrapped because my mother has arthritus and cannot work on occasions and gets benefits to help.

Paulio
12-09-2008, 04:42 PM
AMEN! :)

I think for job seekers you should only be allowed to claim 1 years worth in your lifetime and then any extra you need you get back out what you have paid in through national insurance. The fact I know people from school who have never worked and always claimed always have plenty of cash :eusa_wall

People on incapacity through no fault of their own need to be looked after but surely if they are capable of doing any job even answering phones should be pushed back into work. Anybody with stress or depression should get nothing unless we can give them ropes with ready tied nooses just to stop them scrounging off the state.

I think anybody who has a child and cant afford them themselves or with help from their family should have the kid taken off them. Why should my tax pay for all these scum bags who have kids just for the benefits and a house/flat? Maybe if you want to claim benefits you should be forced to have the contaceptive injection (Including men if its possible) just to stop you breeding a future generation of wasters to follow in your footsteps.

People who end up stuck through death need looking after and any divorces should take into account the childrens future should be on the settlement to make sure they dont become a burden on my tax.

How come people come here who are of retirement age can get a full pention even though they have never paid a penny into our system?

Chuck all people on benefits into hostels and let the people who work hard have the council houses as they will pay for them.

Yes I am pretty harsh but why should others who pay tax have their hard earned money spent on ppl who expect to sit on their ***** all their life and do nothing.

I was once told if we have a disaster in britain we are all out helping but when a disaster happens abroad (3rd world etc) the people just sit at the side of the road and watch the aid workers do everything :o That is just how I see 95% of the people on benefits in the uk. lazy scroungers.

I do however understand there are people who do deserve benefits who lose their jobs through no fault of their own as well as people injured or disabled who need lots of help. I imagine the people who deserve benefits feel very annoyed when they see all these free loaders who are giving all benefit claiments a bad name.

.Nickie
12-09-2008, 08:34 PM
I think benefits are great. Some people may be sneaky and rip them off for the benefits but in a way. They have probably worked before and they have paid taxes so what. they gettin the money back from what they have paid in?. it all depends on the way that you look at it. Some people yeah cant actually go to work for major reasons. But then why do people people with minor reasons who claim benefits be in the wrong. Some people might seem to be lazy and be on benefits cause maybe they dont have the qualifications to get a job they truly will enjoy and just work in a shop or something like that, then are them people in the wrong for not working and being stuborn cause they actually want to work somewhere they will actually be happy. Taxes are spent in many different ways not just for people who are on benefits.
And as for EMA i think it is great. Average households who do not have parents who are in high career levels and earn alot of money every week and dont have sums of money in there bank. Its a way to help families out who want their children to have better in life than maybe they did? Then peoples families who earn enough money and they moan because they dont get the EMA and really what does £30 a week do. its mainly bus fare and food for the week. Which to households with little imcome really does help. but families that have the money and sums of money in their bank wouldnt understand that cause they have the money and just wounder why does 'that' familes kids get £30 a week and mine dont? I just think its a great thing that children can get the money which will hopefully give them a reason to carry on studying at school than end up in dead end jobs with nothing to do.
[i know i blabber on sorry and sorry anyone who read this hehe]
p.s i dont see why everyone is trying to put nasty words against chavs. All people are the same and to put a name on someone for what they do/wear/listen to is just horrible. If you want to categorise people then do it but just think of what others are like. i bet half the people who critisize chavs 'would not put themselves in a category' which tbh makes them just as bad for being so grrr... sorry it just anoys me how people judge others.

Jordy
12-09-2008, 09:40 PM

Please then say what you want me to call people who live off benifits ect. In my book i call them chavs or lower class but round near me we really dont have that chavs only at school we have a few from a local area.Apologies for pointing this out but when your spelling the word grammar incorrectly it's time to worry :P

buttons
12-09-2008, 09:49 PM
Apologies for pointing this out but when your spelling the word grammar incorrectly it's time to worry :P
sorry hunni but you had the incorrect spelling of 'you're' in YOUR sig so i would worry if i was you.
hiya on topic i just sent away for my ema go me x

Casuals
12-09-2008, 10:30 PM
yep
cuz people are 2 lazy to get a job

alexxxxx
12-09-2008, 10:43 PM
I think benefits are great. Some people may be sneaky and rip them off for the benefits but in a way. They have probably worked before and they have paid taxes so what. they gettin the money back from what they have paid in?. it all depends on the way that you look at it. Some people yeah cant actually go to work for major reasons. But then why do people people with minor reasons who claim benefits be in the wrong. Some people might seem to be lazy and be on benefits cause maybe they dont have the qualifications to get a job they truly will enjoy and just work in a shop or something like that, then are them people in the wrong for not working and being stuborn cause they actually want to work somewhere they will actually be happy.

They are totally in the wrong - yes. You should work if you can.

Zak
13-09-2008, 12:50 AM
Yes they should be scrapped.

My parents earn well over £30,000 a year so I never recieved any bonuses. They said when I finished school at 16, they wouldn't be paying for much anymore.

So I had to get a job, like most other people and work hard for my money. While others just sit around at home, do nothing and get £30. May not seem fair but that's the way it goes.

:)

tdi
14-09-2008, 11:34 PM
I think they should be scrapped or at least reviewed, it's a case of 'give them an inch and they'll take a mile'

granted there's some people who physically can't work but then there's useless benefit frauding scum which we have to pay for.

JackBuddy
15-09-2008, 03:20 PM

I'm all for EMA if it works fairly. My parents couldn't afford to give me £30 a week so why can't I get it? That money takes me 5 hours to earn every saturday. If I qualified to get EMA I wouldn't need to bother.

As somebody said earlier, EMA should just cover travel costs.

Before somebody moans at me for being jealous... even if I did get EMA I wouldn't complain, but I would still know that the system isn't fair.

Funya Chin
15-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Why would you be jealous of people getting £30 a week lol?

When I work, I get about £60 a week and now I'm not, I get £47 a week so there's nothing really to be jealous of.

Misawa
15-09-2008, 05:15 PM
No, they should not. Some families genuinely need them, and benefit, pun intended, from them greatly. It is those who abus the system by getting a lot of money and not striving to work, etc, who should be "scrapped".

hamheyelliot
15-09-2008, 07:12 PM
You'll regret not getting benefits some day ;]

Dan2nd
15-09-2008, 09:48 PM
I think its funny ... just because my parents were earning an amount of money which is over the cut of for EMA or w.e I wasn't entitled to get it.. My parents expect me to buy my own books, food for college, pens, pencils, clothes, train fees and much more.. thats why I got a job at Waitrose. Why should I have to go out and get a job to buy my supplys because of my parents (not me) earn a certain ammount of money?

It really ticks me off how some of my friends are like 'oh it's friday EMA has been paid.. looks like I'm going to have a good weekend' While I have to spend my satuday earning my money. I just don't think it's fair =l

Nemo
15-09-2008, 09:53 PM
I think its funny ... just because my parents were earning an amount of money which is over the cut of for EMA or w.e I wasn't entitled to get it.. My parents expect me to buy my own books, food for college, pens, pencils, clothes, train fees and much more.. thats why I got a job at Waitrose. Why should I have to go out and get a job to buy my supplys because of my parents (not me) earn a certain ammount of money?

It really ticks me off how some of my friends are like 'oh it's friday EMA has been paid.. looks like I'm going to have a good weekend' While I have to spend my satuday earning my money. I just don't think it's fair =l
Why do you, and so many others have to be jealous? They aren't as priviledged but they get rewarded. You act like its their fault that your parents make you work for your books..

Dan2nd
15-09-2008, 10:02 PM
Why do you, and so many others have to be jealous? They aren't as priviledged but they get rewarded. You act like its their fault that your parents make you work for your books..

That is the exact kind of attitude which annoys me to be honest. First of all I hate how everyone who receives EMA seem to just say to people like me 'oh your just jealous' well wouldn't you be if a friend of yours was being paid for something you weren't? :rolleyes: Secondly I'm not acting like it's my friends fault at all... I'm more angry with the people who organise EMA or the goverment or whatever for not taking into account each case as an individual thing rather than just painting everyone with one brush.. its all fair and good people receiving benifits demanding not to be labeled as 'lower class' or 'chavy' what gives people to right to assume someone like me doesn't deserve EMA just as much as you?

Kardan
15-09-2008, 10:03 PM

But in extreme suituations you have your parents to fall back on, they could easily supply you with your equipment but choose not to do so.

Teenagers in a poorer background won't have their parents money to fall back on in case of emergencies, hence EMA.

Dan2nd
15-09-2008, 10:07 PM
But in extreme suituations you have your parents to fall back on, they could easily supply you with your equipment but choose not to do so.

Teenagers in a poorer background won't have their parents money to fall back on in case of emergencies, hence EMA.

Thats the only thing I can't argue against I do have my parents to fall back on! But there are a lot of so called people in 'poorer backgrounds' who seem to managed just fine spending their EMA on video games, sweets and treats which I disagree with.. but that still doesn't answer the question of whats stopping these 'poorer' teenagers from going out and getting a satuday job as well? Fair enough my best friend who used to claim EMA and who was one time in a lot of debt with his bank went out and got a job and is now in a stable financial situation whats stopping others from doing this?

Kardan
15-09-2008, 10:09 PM
Thats the only thing I can't argue against I do have my parents to fall back on! But there are a lot of so called people in 'poorer backgrounds' who seem to managed just fine spending their EMA on video games, sweets and treats which I disagree with.. but that still doesn't answer the question of whats stopping these 'poorer' teenagers from going out and getting a satuday job as well? Fair enough my best friend who used to claim EMA and who was one time in a lot of debt with his bank went out and got a job and is now in a stable financial situation whats stopping others from doing this?

There's nothing stopping them from doing it, that's part of the problem... Some teenagers just sue EMA to get them by, rather than for education. The government should introduce some scheme where it can only be spent on for educational purposes or something :)

Nemo
15-09-2008, 10:16 PM
That is the exact kind of attitude which annoys me to be honest. First of all I hate how everyone who receives EMA seem to just say to people like me 'oh your just jealous' well wouldn't you be if a friend of yours was being paid for something you weren't? :rolleyes: Secondly I'm not acting like it's my friends fault at all... I'm more angry with the people who organise EMA or the goverment or whatever for not taking into account each case as an individual thing rather than just painting everyone with one brush.. its all fair and good people receiving benifits demanding not to be labeled as 'lower class' or 'chavy' what gives people to right to assume someone like me doesn't deserve EMA just as much as you?
You dont DESERVE the EMA because your parents can afford all the books and such if it comes to the worst conditions, whilst others cannot. Stop being so close minded and think of other people's situation. People who organize EMA want poorer families to have a chance to have a nice education.

Axel
15-09-2008, 10:27 PM
I'm in split minds reallly....

For some people they need it. I was going to need it because I was considering getting the bus to college every day, but instead I bike now. I will be getting £10 a week from EMA, and there isn't much I can spend it on really except save it up for say a car when I'm older... that's not really 'educational' purposes, though it will help me for getting to and from college/uni.

What annoys me is the people who apply for it and just flaunt it around... for example heart break kid posting a thread 'What Nintendo DS games should I get with my EMA' really got on my nerves... if he's only going to spend it on DS games and just show it off... I don't think he deserves it.

Misawa
16-09-2008, 08:03 AM
People should focus on more benefits rather than just EMA.

GommeInc
16-09-2008, 11:56 AM
I've always seen the EMA as pointless. That money is given for the wrong reasons. It can't be for education, because not all education is expensive. And it can't be given to students to spend on what they like, as a reward, because it's pointless and encourages lazyness. It's also unfair for huge families of say 5 students who are just above the line to get the EMA. A family of 5 can just barely survive with £35,000 or whatever the maximum minimum income is, while a family of 3, 2 adults and 1 student can happily live with £30,000 without an EMA, but for some unknown reason, they need it. The EMA should be for all or noboby, as jrh says, but I think it should be for nobody unless they are rediculously poor, as in £10,000 per annum, because it will give these children something to look forward to, education and some support for this family. Snotty children who are in the EMA and aren't exactly poor don't deserve it, especially when they spend it rather than save it, and even then they could get a job or simply get an education and wait till they can get proper jobs :/

Then comes child benefits for families or the guardian of a child who suffers some sort of mental disorder. My cousin has william's syndrome and has learning difficulties. My auntie doesn't deserve the money, she's just harvesting it for the wrong reasons. My cousin is and could be quite bright, but sending her to a mentally disabled childrens school and making her forcefully dim is not doing her any favours. Infact, I can't see the point of child benefits. Thinking about the children in wheelchairs, what money could possibly be given to them? They don't live like normal children, so the parents don't need to fork out quite as much and they probably only spend a little bit more to buy things like wheelchairs and different education. Perhaps benefits again for poor families who just can't maintain the expenditure. Perhaps the government should check these people over, rather than say "Ooo, they look poor and look like they need help, throw money at them!" rather than actually find out if they are or are not.

partie2
16-09-2008, 01:39 PM

Anyway your views.

wow this is a very narrow minded and niave opinuon to have. You have tottally generalised all people on benefits as a lower class of people and as scrougers. My own mum is on benefits and its not because she is lazy but because she is disabled and believe me if she could work she would go and work. Some people who are on jobs seekers allowance while looking for a job have to go on that to support themselves and they have no choice. Im not denying though that there is some people that play the system and go along for a free ride but that is the minority and not the majority of the people on benefits.

N-Dubz
17-09-2008, 03:45 PM
Why should benefits be scrapped? Some people actually arnt in the physical or mental state to go to work. An would you like a mental person who isnt fit to work serving you at Tesco because they was forced to? No you wouldn't, and neither would they. An people who have physical problems shouldnt HAVE to work its part of there disability allowance's that they dont have to work. Or you could have a blind man serving you some dinner in your primary school. ;)

Benefits are there because people who arn't as lucky as us an cant work can still survive, espically with the raise in food prices etc.. It needs to be alot higher actually. An there already toning it down way to much.
An you have to keep applying for Benefits, so most people are getting cut off lately because there 'fit to work' when honestly they arn't.

An EMA is very GOOD, what if a child lives in a hostel and not with there parents because they was kicked out? They need supplies and need's. You cant think every single teenager at college does the same thing with there money an is lucky enough to have living conditions as you.
Some parents dont give there children money so EMA helps them have it themselves.

So naa Benefits shouldn't be scrapped. It aint hurting me really, and if I was disabled or ill I'd want benefits so why should I hate on people who have them now when I dont?

-Xiangu-
18-09-2008, 03:59 PM
I am fine if an EMA is given to students whos parents cannot afford to buy the child things like books or even games etc. But I also agree that the child should be encouraged to get a job.

As for other benefits, I said in my last post that my mum gets money per child (Something like 16 pounds per child and thats only me now because my sis has gone to uni) She can't work sometimes because of her arthritus so she needs the extra money. She has just been signed off work for 6 weeks.

Hayd93
18-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Hello again,

Buttons you said about ema ect. Why not get a job ? Thats what people like me have to do. This si why it annoys me. Why should i get nothing and be texed like hell. When others get £30 for nothing. When i go to collage i wont get £30 a week i will have to work for my money.

GommeInc
18-09-2008, 06:03 PM
EMA should be for poor people, as in children who really can't afford to go to their educational establishment. Same with child benefits, the mother, father or both parents should get money only if they cannot work for mental or physical reasons or don't get enough money to pay for the child. If the parents get child benefits, the child doesn't get EMA, bbecause the benfits should be linked to that, not for personal use. Again, this depends on the severity of the situation, be it money or personal reasons i.e. mental physical reasons. Most of the people I know really don't deserve EMA and some mums and dads don't deserve benefits. Heck, maybe not give them money. Perhaps it should be done on a trust fund basis, where you write to the government and ask for them to pay for the transport or equipment or even school, rather than get more money than you need.

buttons
18-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Hello again,

Buttons you said about ema ect. Why not get a job ? Thats what people like me have to do. This si why it annoys me. Why should i get nothing and be texed like hell. When others get £30 for nothing. When i go to collage i wont get £30 a week i will have to work for my money.
who said i don't have a job? i've had a job before but we got sacked for the polish people lol! it's hard to get a job when you're only 15 & theres not much choice here, it's hard for my brother to get a job and he's 19. plus i'm going to school and i'm getting paid i don't really need a job, it's up to me. thx

Ramones
19-09-2008, 02:17 PM
MAKE THE RICH RICHER
AND MAKE THE POOR POORER!

flyingbrick
22-09-2008, 11:29 AM
We're on the brink of a recession, unemployment levels are rising, and you want benefits scrapped?!

I wonder how many of you commenting in here do work full time and actually pay taxes.

Yeah, its not right that the odd failed abortion uses it to get out of working, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't support the thousands who are trying to get a job, but can't because there isn't enough going around.

Scrap it - your parents taxes might fall by a few p, but we'd have one of the highest homelessness rates in the developed world.

It pains me to think what would happen should the conservatives win the next goddamn election.

Maxine-ox
22-09-2008, 12:46 PM
The worlds unfair, get over it is my only response to this thread. :P

jrh2002
22-09-2008, 04:20 PM
We're on the brink of a recession, unemployment levels are rising, and you want benefits scrapped?!

I wonder how many of you commenting in here do work full time and actually pay taxes.

Yeah, its not right that the odd failed abortion uses it to get out of working, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't support the thousands who are trying to get a job, but can't because there isn't enough going around.

Scrap it - your parents taxes might fall by a few p, but we'd have one of the highest homelessness rates in the developed world.

It pains me to think what would happen should the conservatives win the next goddamn election.

I quite like the credit crunch and seeing gordon brown squirm :p hes looking very old and ill now so if we are lucky he will have a stroke or something :eusa_danc doesnt really effect me and i wont be changing my lifestyle because i have to pay a few pounds a week extra to live how i always do.

I think the people who are benefits are the ones who see their hard earned wages taxed to death and then spent on laze wastes of space :o

There should be a limit of 1 years job seekers benefit in a lifetime and after that you should only be able to claim it if you have built up enough funds by paying tax and national insurance which proves you have worked hard and deserve something back when stuck not like these people who think its right to claim benefits for life.

There are plenty of jobs out there but i cant guarantee you will walk straight into your dream job on 35k a year :o how about if the job seekers went and got a job at tesco on 14k a year? when they go to that interview for a job they really fancy on more money im sure the company will have alot more respect for you if you have been working.

Why should people who dont have kids pay towards the upkeep of other peoples kids? if you cant afford to look after your own kids then you shouldnt have had them in the first place. i would say there are more people freeloading on jobseekers than are activly job hunting.

I dont have much time for political parties but nothing can be as bad as the current labour government who have sold our country down the river so would welcome any change.

Is John your dad? lol sounds like it ;) I hope your the cisc0 of old and if so what radio are you on now? I miss your shows they were great.

EDIT: People who cant work through being disabled deserve help :) but also they should be thoroughly examined every 6 months to see if they are still entitled. This is not aginst disabled or injured people but a way of getting the scrounging liars off benefits who give the ones who need it and deserve it a bad name.

flyingbrick
22-09-2008, 11:08 PM
You're a man of often wise words jrh2002, but I do believe our unemployed should be supported.

I'm not labour either - not with this government anyhow. And he probably is my dad and I just don't know it.

And yes, that is I. Aha, I dont work for a radio anymore I'm afraid. I'm well past it!

Hayd93
23-09-2008, 07:09 AM
O great now they get free internet what are we gonna give them next a free house ? O ye i forgot we all ready do :rolleyes:

Jordan,
23-09-2008, 08:32 AM
EMA realy annoys me either every kid should get it or none simple just coz your parent/s have **** low paying job dosent mean you should get 30 quid a week

Hayd93
23-09-2008, 03:02 PM
EMA realy annoys me either every kid should get it or none simple just coz your parent/s have **** low paying job dosent mean you should get 30 quid a week

Exacly what i am saying. I really dont see how you can earn under £30,000 a year witout your parents earning. My mum gets more than £30,000 never mind dad as well.

buttons
23-09-2008, 03:10 PM
O great now they get free internet what are we gonna give them next a free house ? O ye i forgot we all ready do :rolleyes:
LOL, i don't get free internet & my house isn't free. My dad paid for the house while we lived with him but now my grandad pays for it most of the time, we don't get it for free. :S

Exacly what i am saying. I really dont see how you can earn under £30,000 a year witout your parents earning. My mum gets more than £30,000 never mind dad as well.
my dad earns a very decent amount of money but recently we haven't been getting any from him as he has to provide for his own new kid ;l even though he has three here. My mum earns ALOT less than £30,000.

flyingbrick
23-09-2008, 04:01 PM

You're obviously a narrow-minded and pompous idiot who can't appreciate that not everybody has it quite as good as you do.

My parents earn roughly £33,000 between them, so I just missed out on EMA. But I can assure you, there a plenty of families in this country who struggle to earn above that mark.

Jordan,
23-09-2008, 04:09 PM
You're obviously a narrow-minded and pompous idiot who can't appreciate that not everybody has it quite as good as you do.

My parents earn roughly £33,000 between them, so I just missed out on EMA. But I can assure you, there a plenty of families in this country who struggle to earn above that mark.

Yes but they are proberly people who mucked around and school and think there hard. Then people who work hard and behave get decent jobs and there kids miss out on what all the others

jrh2002
23-09-2008, 04:30 PM
You're a man of often wise words jrh2002, but I do believe our unemployed should be supported.

I'm not labour either - not with this government anyhow. And he probably is my dad and I just don't know it.

And yes, that is I. Aha, I dont work for a radio anymore I'm afraid. I'm well past it!

I would support unemployed for 12 months in a lifetime without them paying a penny in national insurance or tax and then once thats used up they get nothing UNLESS they have contibuted enough back into the system from working and paying tax. that surely has to be the fairest way.

Nah your to normal to have a dad from the labour government lol

Shame about the radio as you were and probably still are one of the most naturally funny and entertaining people who has ever graced a habbo radio station :8

The poor kids will get a free laptop and broadband :s
There is no incentive to work for your things and to better yourself in life now. If a person is just in the bracket to get this they are not going to take a promotion for a little bit more money as they could lose this benefit and be worse off.

I know couples who earn less than 30k between them but they pay all their bills and budget to go out etc and dont get a penny and yes they have a young kid so it can easily be done.

It seems the less effort you put in to life the more you are given :s they should reward hard working people. why should i pay for someboddy else to have a laptop and broadband with my tax money.

From today my tax returns wont ever make it to the inland revenue again and stuff them. I will support myself and the rest of the scroungers can get stuffed. if they ever decide to catch up with me i dont mind being a pool or ps3 champion in prison for a few months :) :eusa_danc

Blue.Neon
23-09-2008, 04:41 PM
The way i see it, people who sit on their backsides all day and have no intention of getting up and looking for a job shouldnt get benifits.

Why should working people slave all week and pay silly amount of tax to keep people like that?

Ive known people not to work in their entire lifes and still go out to the pub everynight, and they get disability benifits... hardly seems fair to me.

But meh, just the way it is.

buttons
23-09-2008, 04:51 PM
right.. so you get one parent families, obviously they aren't going to earn that much but most of them hold down jobs, maybe even 2 or 3 to suuport their children, how does that make them lazy? their kids therefore earn the right to the money ;l

if you're talking about the actual kids if their going to school then they don't NEED a job expecially when it's hard to get one around my age + therefore not lazy.

ach i dunno.

Blue.Neon
23-09-2008, 04:57 PM
right.. so you get one parent families, obviously they aren't going to earn that much but most of them hold down jobs, maybe even 2 or 3 to suuport their children, how does that make them lazy? their kids therefore earn the right to the money ;l

if you're talking about the actual kids if their going to school then they don't NEED a job expecially when it's hard to get one around my age + therefore not lazy.

ach i dunno.

Thats the problem with this country, kids are having kids, they cant even look after themselves nevermind a child.

And obviously if they are in that position then benifits would be good. But that wasnt the point i was getting at. I said people who sit there all day long not even trying to get a job.

So dont twist my words, youve done that a few times.

Oh and tax payers are probably supporting people with drug addictions, much like yourself.

Urgh.

Hayd93
23-09-2008, 04:59 PM
I would support unemployed for 12 months in a lifetime without them paying a penny in national insurance or tax and then once thats used up they get nothing UNLESS they have contibuted enough back into the system from working and paying tax. that surely has to be the fairest way.

Nah your to normal to have a dad from the labour government lol

Shame about the radio as you were and probably still are one of the most naturally funny and entertaining people who has ever graced a habbo radio station :8

The poor kids will get a free laptop and broadband :s
There is no incentive to work for your things and to better yourself in life now. If a person is just in the bracket to get this they are not going to take a promotion for a little bit more money as they could lose this benefit and be worse off.

I know couples who earn less than 30k between them but they pay all their bills and budget to go out etc and dont get a penny and yes they have a young kid so it can easily be done.

It seems the less effort you put in to life the more you are given :s they should reward hard working people. why should i pay for someboddy else to have a laptop and broadband with my tax money.

From today my tax returns wont ever make it to the inland revenue again and stuff them. I will support myself and the rest of the scroungers can get stuffed. if they ever decide to catch up with me i dont mind being a pool or ps3 champion in prison for a few months :) :eusa_danc

You speak so mutch truth. Also these scroungers who get the free internet ect. Its supposed to be for educational use, just like EMA is suppose to be for can you really see some chav going on the internet to do his homework. ye like hell the only homework he will be doing is looking at porn.

so annoing it is the more you do the less you get.

Blue.Neon
23-09-2008, 05:01 PM
You speak so mutch truth. Also these scroungers who get the free internet ect. Its supposed to be for educational use, just like EMA is suppose to be for can you really see some chav going on the internet to do his homework. ye like hell the only homework he will be doing is looking at porn.

so annoing it is the more you do the less you get.

Excellent point! 'The more you do, the less you get' Thats exactly whats wrong with society today.

Been good gets you nowhere in life.

Hayd93
23-09-2008, 05:02 PM
Excellent point! 'The more you do, the less you get' Thats exactly whats wrong with society today.

Been good gets you nowhere in life.

Yep its so true though. The more money you have the more tax you pay to keep **** living on this earth. Why do i bother thats what i wanna know.

buttons
23-09-2008, 05:03 PM
Thats the problem with this country, kids are having kids, they cant even look after themselves nevermind a child.

And obviously if they are in that position then benifits would be good. But that wasnt the point i was getting at. I said people who sit there all day long not even trying to get a job.

So dont twist my words, youve done that a few times.

Oh and tax payers are probably supporting people with drug addictions, much like yourself.

Urgh.
can you stop making this so personal? :S well there you go, benefits are good for some people, that's the position i'm in, my mum is a single parent (she never used to be) bringing up 3 of her own kids and taking on multiple jobs so yes i think i'm entitled to the benefits, same as you just said. & no, i'm not addicted to drugs thank you. :)

also hayd93 seriously stop with the "chav" remarks. i'm not a chav at all & i've never heard of getting free internet LOL. i pay for my internet + uniform + books like everyone else does & i get 30pound a week, i still find it fair. i keep all of it in my bank because my mum doesn't allow me to take it out :)

Blue.Neon
23-09-2008, 05:05 PM
Yep its so true though. The more money you have the more tax you pay to keep **** living on this earth. Why do i bother thats what i wanna know.

I think this country needs to look how america is run, they are only allowed so long out of work right? Plus they dont get as much benifits... im sure?

Hayd93
23-09-2008, 05:05 PM
I tell you what else makes me laugh. When you commit a crime instead of beening punished you get tv,food and not bad accomidation free. You get toilettrys ect as well. I was reading a article that tramps ect are accually trying to get into prision so they get a home ect.

Blue.Neon
23-09-2008, 05:09 PM
can you stop making this so personal? :S well there you go, benefits are good for some people, that's the position i'm in, my mum is a single parent (she never used to be) bringing up 3 of her own kids and taking on multiple jobs so yes i think i'm entitled to the benefits, same as you just said. & no, i'm not addicted to drugs thank you. :)

You where making a point about one of my posts, saying how is it fair if a single parent cant get a job or something along those lines... When did i even talk about single parents? You where trying to make me look bad obviously.

I said people who sit on their backsides all day and have no intention of getting up and looking for a job.

I tell you what else makes me laugh. When you commit a crime instead of beening punished you get tv,food and not bad accomidation free. You get toilettrys ect as well. I was reading a article that tramps ect are accually trying to get into prision so they get a home ect.

Yup, the way i see it, people who work for a living are actually the ones getting punished. What rewards do we get? What thanks do working people get? Sht all...

buttons
23-09-2008, 05:12 PM
You where making a point about one of my posts, saying how is it fair if a single parent cant get a job or something along those lines... When did i even talk about single parents? You where trying to make me look bad obviously.

I said people who sit on their backsides all day and have no intention of getting up and looking for a job.

Yup, the way i see it, people who work for a living are actually the ones getting punished. What rewards do we get? What thanks do working people get? Sht all...
oh haha! & saying "people with drug addictions like yourself" isn't making me look bad? ahaha hypocritical much!! no you didn't say nothing about single parents i'm just saying that people who can get jobs & don't earn enough money should still get the benefits. you guys that live on 30,000+ a year have no idea what it's like and i only see that kindof people complaining about it.

also; you guys get money for your reward :S the people like "tramps" (yet again, lovely choice of words hayd93!) don't have money,clothes,warmth,food etc like everyone else that's why they get the privilegies, kindof obvious.

Blue.Neon
23-09-2008, 05:19 PM
oh haha! & saying "people with drug addictions like yourself" isn't making me look bad? ahaha hypocritical much!! no you didn't say nothing about single parents i'm just saying that people who can get jobs & don't earn enough money should still get the benefits. you guys that live on 30,000+ a year have no idea what it's like and i only see that kindof people complaining about it.

also; you guys get money for your reward :S the people like "tramps" (yet again, lovely choice of words hayd93!) don't have money,clothes,warmth,food etc like everyone else that's why they get the privilegies, kindof obvious.

Excuse me, people who are into drugs dont deserve nice things in life (my opinion) before you spit your dummy out again. I like in a very poor area of the country actually, my mam and dad work damn right hard for their money, why should they have to pay silly amounts of tax :s

And people who do nothing with their lives on benifits are sitting at home infront of the TV not paying house rent, sht all getting working peoples tax... THATS A GOOD REWARD!

What an easy life they have. Oh and dont start that about 'You people that have 30,000+' you dont know what type of background i come from!

Hayd93
23-09-2008, 05:19 PM

No we get no reward. We have to do work for our money. The sort of people i am talking about just sit arround doing nothing. We get no rewards from the goverment what so ever. Look at this from my veiw this time. I see people getting loads who do nothing and all we get is punished by the goverment for doing work and paying taxes.

buttons
23-09-2008, 05:27 PM
Excuse me, people who are into drugs dont deserve nice things in life (my opinion) before you spit your dummy out again. I like in a very poor area of the country actually, my mam and dad work damn right hard for their money, why should they have to pay silly amounts of tax :s

And people who do nothing with their lives on benifits are sitting at home infront of the TV not paying house rent, sht all getting working peoples tax... THATS A GOOD REWARD!

What an easy life they have. Oh and dont start that about 'You people that have 30,000+' you dont know what type of background i come from!
my mum works a hell of alot and she still pays for taxes!! you have a mother and father to support you!!
yeah i absolutely agree about the people LIVING on benefits but it doesn't need to be scrapped all together. actually, no, people are forced to go out to work, if they don't take classes or jobs then they don't get their benefits, simple ;)

No we get no reward. We have to do work for our money. The sort of people i am talking about just sit arround doing nothing. We get no rewards from the goverment what so ever. Look at this from my veiw this tome. I see people getting loads and all we get is punished by the goverment.
yeah well that's one side of the argument, isn't it? that people don't deserve it, no, but if you see what i said earlier they don't get benefits if they don't do courses/jobs or anything so they aren't sitting lounging around their homes.. As for the EMA scheme, it doesn't need to be reviewed or nothing because it's fine as it is, parents that do nothing and send their kids to school and claim benefits, sure it shouldn't be allowed, but people like my mum (who works very hard all by herself i'll have you know) who sends their children to school in order for a better education + receiving money at the same time should rightfully receive the benefits, even though it's the KIDS getting the money not the parents.

Blue.Neon
23-09-2008, 05:33 PM
my mum works a hell of alot and she still pays for taxes!! you have a mother and father to support you!!
yeah i absolutely agree about the people LIVING on benefits but it doesn't need to be scrapped all together. actually, no, people are forced to go out to work, if they don't take classes or jobs then they don't get their benefits, simple ;)

You are arguing against something we all agree on :S We have said that benifits are good for those who NEED it! No1 is arguing otherwise...

yeah well that's one side of the argument, isn't it? that people don't deserve it, no, but if you see what i said earlier they don't get benefits if they don't do courses/jobs or anything so they aren't sitting lounging around their homes.. As for the EMA scheme, it doesn't need to be reviewed or nothing because it's fine as it is, parents that do nothing and send their kids to school and claim benefits, sure it shouldn't be allowed, but people like my mum (who works very hard all by herself i'll have you know) who sends their children to school in order for a better education + receiving money at the same time should rightfully receive the benefits, even though it's the KIDS getting the money not the parents.

I know 2 people (both disabled) that each get money to look after each other, how on gods earth could that be possible :s how could someone who is in bad health look after another... and the other way around..

THEY DO NOT NEED IT OR DESERVE IT!

buttons
23-09-2008, 05:43 PM
disabled people don't need benefits or deserve it? ***. & i just gave you examples on people that need it and you agreed :S wth. i don't care.

flyingbrick
23-09-2008, 05:45 PM
Yes but they are proberly people who mucked around and school and think there hard. Then people who work hard and behave get decent jobs and there kids miss out on what all the others

Thats an extremely pompous statement. You're generalising preposterously.

Not everybody on a bad wage is a lazy and poorly behaved idiot. I can name at least three members of my adult family who are on near enough the minimum wage, my mother included - and they certainly aren't prats who messed around at school and "think they're hard."

Just because you aren't successful doesn't mean you aren't worthy. It's a tough game.

Good luck with the real world if you ever decide to hop off your pony and have a look into it, my friend.

Blue.Neon
23-09-2008, 05:46 PM
disabled people don't need benefits or deserve it? ***. & i just gave you examples on people that need it and you agreed :S wth. i don't care.

You have missed my point yet again... the point is.. how could 2 disabled people take care of each other?

They obviously need a care working or something, not money :s

Anyways button you bore the living *Removed* out of me, end of. Goodbyeeee!! See you on my next post somewhere ;) eh?

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not avoid the forum filter.

Abbie.
23-09-2008, 05:48 PM
what about the people who rely on EMA

people whos parents really dont earn enough,
my dads retired

i spend mine on my lunch, bus money etc

i dont go and spend mine on stupid things
and with the money i get from my part time job, im saving it for driving lessons, insuarance and a car

buttons
23-09-2008, 05:49 PM
Thats an extremely pompous statement. You're generalising preposterously.

Not everybody on a bad wage is a lazy and poorly behaved idiot. I can name at least three members of my adult family who are on near enough the minimum wage, my mother included - and they certainly aren't prats who messed around at school and "think they're hard."

Just because you aren't successful doesn't mean you aren't worthy. It's a tough game.

Good luck with the real world if you ever decide to hop off your pony and have a look into it, my friend.
exactly what i've been trying to say to anyone that will listen.
my mum earns probably minimum wage because she can't get a decent job here + she does 2 different jobs & it's not because she's lazy but her choices her limited. my dad was the main income of money so she didn't feel the need to carry on her nursing and now she can't get back into it.

& yes blue.neon, probably, you quote almost every post i make & find something to snap at me at so yes i'll see you next post. :)

Jordan,
23-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Sorry, Buttons but your say we dont deserve it because our parent made somthing us them self and can hold a relation ship. We deserve 30 quid a week as much as you becuase 70% of the people who get ema are good for nothing ***** who buy alcohol and make children at the age of 16. We work hard. get decent grades and dont have ASBOS.

From the post from Cisc0 and ... Your mother could of worked to get could grade went to uni and did somthing with her life instead of working in ASDA etc

buttons
23-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Sorry, Buttons but your say we dont deserve it because our parent made somthing us them self and can hold a relation ship. We deserve 30 quid a week as much as you becuase 70% of the people who get ema are good for nothing ***** who buy alcohol and make children at the age of 16. We work hard. get decent grades and dont have ASBOS.

From the post from Cisc0 and ... Your mother could of worked to get could grade went to uni and did somthing with her life instead of working in ASDA etc
LOL. okay, they were together 20 years and had 3 children just something happened along the way. My mum keeps my EMA in my bank so i don't take any out and keep it for my future so i guess she doesn't fit that bill then?!? i work hard, i've got decent grades & no asbos tyvm. & my mum went to college as well!! it's very limited here.

Abbie.
23-09-2008, 05:57 PM
u only get ema when your in 6th year here, is it different in scotland and england? :s

Jordan,
As I said and I quote "becuase 70% of the people". But generally it is

Blue.Neon
Buttons is obviously trying to have a go at people whos parents earn good amounts of money.

I will say this to buttons, if you seen how much my dad pays tax your jaw would hit the fkn floor!

End of. WE NEED TO GET THIS COUNTRY ON TRACK!!!

buttons
23-09-2008, 05:58 PM
u only get ema when your in 6th year here, is it different in scotland and england? :s
Yeah, get them in 5th year here depends when your birthday is though but i've got mine early because it's a bonus thing.
blue.neon; like i've said my dad earns a very decent amount he's just a stingey ******! & both my parents pay taxes too like everyone :S so get over it plz !! x

Jordan,
23-09-2008, 05:59 PM
No because my parent logically is paying you for nothing when that money could go to me

Abbie.
23-09-2008, 06:02 PM
No because my parent logically is paying you for nothing when that money could go to me

but why would you need that money if you already have loads? lol

y, what does your dad do?

my dads a retired policeman, u'll see exactly what its like when your parents dont earn loads.

Blue.Neon
23-09-2008, 06:02 PM
Buttons you where the one who was moaning about how hard you have it.

im bored now.

buttons
23-09-2008, 06:05 PM
when i lived with my dad he worked on oil rings lol it was decent pay + he got paid ALOT of money coz he sued the hospital because of the death of my uncle (his brother) so yeh i know how it feels to have "lots of money"

i'm not moaning how hard i have it! i get 30 pound a week & you don't, that's why you're the one moaning!! + you bored me long ago :D

Jordan,
23-09-2008, 06:05 PM
[quote=Abbie.;5127985]but why would you need that money if you already have loads? lol

y, what does your dad do?

my dads a retired policeman, u'll see exactly what its like when your parents dont earn loads.

But why do you deserve it and no im Loaded as you say I dont have all the Mod cons like astin martins etc. And I said my Dad becuase he pays tax so logically somone whos on 30 pound a week is getting 1540 pounds of his money

Blue.Neon
23-09-2008, 06:09 PM
when i lived with my dad he worked on oil rings lol it was decent pay + he got paid ALOT of money coz he sued the hospital because of the death of my uncle (his brother) so yeh i know how it feels to have "lots of money"

i'm not moaning how hard i have it! i get 30 pound a week & you don't, that's why you're the one moaning!! + you bored me long ago :D

As ive said earlier, you haven't a clue what type of background/family i come from. And ive never once posted anything about EMA... for your information. ;)

flyingbrick
23-09-2008, 06:16 PM

Actually,

My mother works very hard as a secretary to a physciatrist in the NHS. She is a very clever person who did get good grades but couldn't afford university when she was younger and never got around to going back to it.

I'm in no position to argue about EMA because I didn't get it myself, and that was rightly because I didn't need it. Correct, I knew people who did recieve it and it went on beer - fair play, I would've done the same if I got it. But I'm sure there are people out there who come from homes clearly less perfect than yours, who could appreciate it and put it to good use.

The reason I'm arguing with you here is because you have unwaveringly sat way up on your high horse and insulted everybody in this country who perhaps aren't as talented or as fortunate as yourself. I can't abide haughtiness and snobbery.

Most intelligent aristocrats are grounded enough to realise that their country wouldn't work without the dim lower classes. The cleaners, the bus drivers, the postal workers - and who do you expect slaves in the factories putting together the valuables and gadgets in your home?

Possibly not a well spoken college student, who got 5 A's at A level, or a Cambridge University student, or a high school swat.............but they still work to do a valuable service to the country, providing for people like yourself - people who then ridicule their past ineptness and argue that their children should suffer because of it.

I wonder what sort of background your servant has. Do you pay him well? Is he looked after properly?

Probably not. My guess is you keep him locked in the shed with the rabbits.

Jordan,
23-09-2008, 08:45 PM
My mother works very hard as a secretary to a physciatrist in the NHS. She is a very clever person who did get good grades but couldn't afford university when she was younger and never got around to going back to it.
Well well done

I'm in no position to argue about EMA because I didn't get it myself, and that was rightly because I didn't need it. Correct, I knew people who did recieve it and it went on beer - fair play, I would've done the same if I got it. But I'm sure there are people out there who come from homes clearly less perfect than yours, who could appreciate it and put it to good use.
So your saying I cant put it to good use?

The reason I'm arguing with you here is because you have unwaveringly sat way up on your high horse and insulted everybody in this country who perhaps aren't as talented or as fortunate as yourself. I can't abide haughtiness and snobbery.
I was not insulting them I said a general statement which is true

Most intelligent aristocrats are grounded enough to realise that their country wouldn't work without the dim lower classes. The cleaners, the bus drivers, the postal workers - and who do you expect slaves in the factories putting together the valuables and gadgets in your home?
Possibly not a well spoken college student, who got 5 A's at A level, or a Cambridge University student, or a high school swat.............but they still work to do a valuable service to the country, providing for people like yourself - people who then ridicule their past ineptness and argue that their children should suffer because of it.
Yes but what give those "Slaves" you say deserve me parents money

I wonder what sort of background your servant has. Do you pay him well? Is he looked after properly?

Probably not. My guess is you keep him locked in the shed with the rabbits. I dont have a servent Ive never said im mega rich im argueing what the hell give people the right my parent money and its bunny not rabbit

flyingbrick
23-09-2008, 08:50 PM
Well well done
So your saying I cant put it to good use?
I was not insulting them I said a general statement which is true Yes but what give those "Slaves" you say deserve me parents money
I dont have a servent Ive never said im mega rich im argueing what the hell give people the right my parent money and its bunny not rabbit

I refuse to waste my time arguing with somebody who insults the poorly educated when he himself can't string a single sentance together.

Jordan,
23-09-2008, 08:56 PM
Well done. You finally seen im right

flyingbrick
23-09-2008, 08:59 PM
Well done. You finally seen im right

Lol.
(y)

N-Dubz
24-09-2008, 01:59 PM
Not everyone can work. Some people have learning disabilites, some have mental issues and some are disabled. Are you saying they don't desereve there benefits?
Single parents who look after there kids 24/7 and can't get jobs. Who cares if its kids having kids it dosnt mean people should be vindictive and scrap the benefit's they get.
An actually the credit crunch is good, it means things are lowered in pure desperation, in fact my sister got a new flat because the rent was lowered. All the christmas presents are lowered because games are in competition.
Some people need the money to support there family because there jobs dont offer them good money, or they just dont have a job.
An EMA isnt even that bad, I agree with it anyways. Its indepedence really isnt it? You don't take out your parents money because you have your own, learning to stand on your own to feet and using it wisely.
My sister gets taxed alot, she works in 3 the phone shop but she dosn't complain afterall shes earning more then the people on benefits are isn't she?
An its not all about the fact they did bad in school, some people just dont have good luck, or have got disabilites or problems once leaving school.

I dont see why everyone complain's, everyone gets taxed and nearly everyone has some sort of benefits.

Imp!
24-09-2008, 05:43 PM
unless your disabled in anyway, then yes benefits should be scrapped. Get off your fat ass and get a job god!

buttons
24-09-2008, 05:51 PM
people have they jobs they just don't get paid very well & therefore depend on benefits!! jeez.

kk.
24-09-2008, 06:01 PM
some people are narrow minded. Whoever has said yes to scrapping benefits should really need to be re-educated. The current situation has left many people unemployed (including my brother and my dad shortly) which cant be helped and was necessary. If you think about the number of people who have been made redundant youll begin to see that the demand for jobs is high but the supply and needs of business is much, much lower. If my dad loses his job, my mum would become the sole wage earner which is £100 a week which im sure many of you will realise, isnt a lot for 6 people :/. Hes 50+ so the likelyhood of him getting another job is little.

Benefits such as the jobs seekers allowance is given to people who are actively seeking job and ca proove they are by going into the job centre and looking. As some have said, benefits should only be given to people who really need it. Even disabled people can find work whether its at home on the computer or phone, or commuting. I mean lets face it, if they dont want help, they shouldnt be given it. I guess its a different story when it comes to allowances and being able to park closer to a shop.

anyway, my rants over. No, benefits should not be stopped but supplied to people who need it

[Jay]
25-09-2008, 07:07 PM

Anyway your views.

Not all of them are like that there are people with actuall problems i think your point is valid but you fail to look at it from the other side. If your not getting ema that means your parents are rich. While these kids parents are not and some do just stay at home and do nothing but there are other who have no choice who struggle through life who want the best for thier kids but cant achive that. Like i said think of it from other sides point of view. Because if it was you like that im sure you would like some help as well.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!