PDA

View Full Version : Learning to skate(board) cos I'm boooored

Holofoil
14-09-2008, 06:10 PM
Does anyone else skate here? I've been trying to for a day or two... Just managed to ollie about 2 and a half feet while stationary, but doing it whilst moving is harder.
Anyhow, my board is ancient and crap. Any tips on the best makes? i care about quality, not the brand. If the deck looked cool it would be a bonus :P
And also are there any wheels which are better for starting?
I wish there was a skate park near me where there aren't chavs hanging around there all the time... I know in America there are parks where you pay to go in, but it's way better there and there are no people like that, only skaters who also help newbies... JUST LIKE ME

Loqo
14-09-2008, 06:29 PM
I dont skate but i'd take my bike into the ramps for some fun with my friends and tear it up. I see what you mean, America is the bomb, no chavs trying to be hard and acting like the world owes them something. The ones you pay into our the ones with the people who really want to be their. Good luck with it!

- Peter

Holofoil
14-09-2008, 07:30 PM
Cheers man
Yeah, it's always been one bonus to living in America in my opinion

Axel
14-09-2008, 07:34 PM
Damn, I taught myself and it took me months to ollie.

Holofoil
14-09-2008, 07:43 PM
Damn, I taught myself and it took me months to ollie.

Well, I tried skating before, many years ago, but I was too small and didn't have enough balance. So I tried it the other day and it was a lot easier. So I was used to riding it already, it wasn't as if I just picked up a board and did it straight away ;]

Playstation23
14-09-2008, 08:23 PM
Does anyone else skate here? I've been trying to for a day or two... Just managed to ollie about 2 and a half feet while stationary, but doing it whilst moving is harder.
Anyhow, my board is ancient and crap. Any tips on the best makes? i care about quality, not the brand. If the deck looked cool it would be a bonus :P
And also are there any wheels which are better for starting?
I wish there was a skate park near me where there aren't chavs hanging around there all the time... I know in America there are parks where you pay to go in, but it's way better there and there are no people like that, only skaters who also help newbies... JUST LIKE ME
How the hell do u ollie?

Ohirian
14-09-2008, 08:29 PM
So because you created this thread you think a Skating sub-forum should be made :rolleyes:

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!