PDA

View Full Version : chemistry.

Mitch4?
25-09-2008, 07:00 PM
okay, so we've got two teachers for AS chemistry

1 of them is really good, i understand her lessons fully, shes a brilliant teacher.
other guy everything he says washes over me, i dont understand the way he teaches, and i generally suck at anything he tests us on.

Tomorrow is last day to swap our options if we want too.

I don't really need chemistry for engineering really, but it would be good to have it as a science because in a sense its related.

My only other option in that pool is pyscology that i would be willing to take.
So should i swap it and hopefully get a better grade in that,
or keep it on and just pray it gets better.

:S!

Nemo
25-09-2008, 07:17 PM
Perhaps ask if you can switch classes to have the better teacher?

N!ck
25-09-2008, 07:29 PM
Well, i found with AS Chemistry (I did OCR) that a lot of it was learning stuff parot fashon and regurgitating it in the exam (chains and rings lol). Foundation Chemistry was the module I enjoyed the most as it had a little bit of Maths in, was of some relevance to me and involved more thinging than regurgitating silly facts about esters and aldehydes and that sort of stuff. Now, i've dropped chemistry (I did the full as but hated it and don't want the full A2). How far, How fast? isn't too bad of a topic i suppose.

I also do Psychology and am currently doing that at A2. Not that is a memorise and regurgitate the facts subject even more so than chemistry, but i find it a lot more easy going and the stuff that we learn has some interest to me so it's not so bad. The only bad part is all the silly case studies by different psychologists that you need to remember for pretty much every part lol.

Try and maybe have a look at some Pschollogy work/notes from a friend and decide if you'd rather be doing that or chemistry.

Edited by ,Jess, (Forum Super Moderator): Accidental double posts merged.

Throne Sofa
28-09-2008, 02:48 PM
It's the same for me in one of my subjects. Just rely on the one teacher to pass you the exam, and don't turn up to the other ones lessons as much and just self-study his topic more in your free time.

Mitch4?
02-10-2008, 09:44 PM
yeah, its oaky, i kept it on now
ive got my own tutor now so its kl x

Bun
05-10-2008, 12:10 AM
lol sounds like my maths. for 1 lesson i have andy (legend), but for the other 3 i have this vile-haggish-40yearoldvirgin-heshe thing :(.

Tintinnabulate
05-10-2008, 09:35 PM
I have always hate 1 crap teacher and 1 good one for everything. Last year I both two of teh worst maths teachers and this year I have two of the best.
For psychology you might have crap teachers.
Think of the subject which will help you with your course and the subject you will enjoy more.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!