PDA

View Full Version : Man Utd

RareIce
25-09-2008, 07:58 PM
i recieved alot of stick today of MUFC fans at college so heres a nice statistic for u.

The rags have OFFICIALY 4 out of every 5 fans attending the games from outside the Manchester area,the worst in the country.The survey was independant and was on talk sport this morning.But hey us blues knew that anyway!!

MCFC the true manchester team.

Brighton for the champions league!

Minstrels
25-09-2008, 08:00 PM
And AIG is going down.

Geraint
25-09-2008, 08:03 PM
I had loads of stick on Wednesday from top 4 fans. I just said "Go see some games, come back, then I'll talk" and "How are you in school today, you must be tired from last night." Soon shut them up. I have no time for any of them. They all say they've supported them all their life and aren't glory hunters, when, clearly, we all know the truth. If they didn't say Cardiff are crap, I wouldn't say anything but when they do, I have my lines to say back.

Browney
25-09-2008, 08:20 PM
i recieved alot of stick today of MUFC fans at college so heres a nice statistic for u.

The rags have OFFICIALY 4 out of every 5 fans attending the games from outside the Manchester area,the worst in the country.The survey was independant and was on talk sport this morning.But hey us blues knew that anyway!!

MCFC the true manchester team.

Brighton for the champions league!

being popular draws crowds. and don't you think if a fan will travel from cornwall every week to manchester to watch football then they must be a pretty dedicated fan? ;)

And AIG is going down.

nah they got bailed out by the American federal reserve. Man Utd are practically sponsored by the entire of America.

RareIce
25-09-2008, 08:25 PM
being popular draws crowds. and don't you think if a fan will travel from cornwall every week to manchester to watch football then they must be a pretty dedicated fan? ;)

nah they got bailed out by the American federal reserve. Man Utd are practically sponsored by the entire of America.

Don't make me laugh. Can you supply proof please?
and dont you think its abit sad that people around manchester who want a season ticket but cant even get one and put on a waiting list because glory hunters from outside manchester have snapped them up. It dnt bother me but the majority of united fans dont even come from manchester.

Funya Chin
25-09-2008, 08:29 PM
FC Manure fans are just as bad, infact worse.

Titch
25-09-2008, 08:31 PM
and dont you think its abit sad that people around manchester who want a season ticket but cant even get one and put on a waiting list because glory hunters from outside manchester have snapped them up. It dnt bother me but the majority of united fans dont even come from manchester.

You need to get the term glory hunter actual meaning into your head mate, they cant be a glory hunter when they are spending hundreads of pounds of season ticket and travelling ect to watch them play, a glory hunter is someone who has NEVER been to a game, doesnt really watch the matches or keep full knowledge of what happeneing to their team and just says he supports them when they win and that.

I am from kent and hold a season ticket and have pride in calling myself a Manchester United FC Supporter, i dont spend 130 pounds (Hotel + travelling fees) at weekends to watch my team play and then to be told by some little child that i am a glory supporter becuase i dont live in manchester, its about pride and deidcation. Not sitting at home watching the game on tv.

Geraint
25-09-2008, 08:32 PM

Not really because I think they're just doing it to see the team win and won't support Plymouth because they're not so good.

Funya Chin
25-09-2008, 08:36 PM
I knew someone who travelled from Cornwall to Sheffield to watch the Wednesday's every Saturday. He never missed a game for something silly like 600 games or something like that.

Geraint
25-09-2008, 08:38 PM
I knew someone who travelled from Cornwall to Sheffield to watch the Wednesday's every Saturday. He never missed a game for something silly like 600 games or something like that.

On them football hardest away days, it shows a man from Cologne who flys over every weekend to watch Nottingham forest and an East Fife fan who travels from Luton in the car to watch them every week.

RareIce
25-09-2008, 08:55 PM
You need to get the term glory hunter actual meaning into your head mate, they cant be a glory hunter when they are spending hundreads of pounds of season ticket and travelling ect to watch them play, a glory hunter is someone who has NEVER been to a game, doesnt really watch the matches or keep full knowledge of what happeneing to their team and just says he supports them when they win and that.

I am from kent and hold a season ticket and have pride in calling myself a Manchester United FC Supporter, i dont spend 130 pounds (Hotel + travelling fees) at weekends to watch my team play and then to be told by some little child that i am a glory supporter becuase i dont live in manchester, its about pride and deidcation. Not sitting at home watching the game on tv.

gloryhunter is supporting a team because they are successful mate, tar.

can you tell me why you chose to become a united fan?

Titch
25-09-2008, 09:07 PM
gloryhunter is supporting a team because they are successful mate, tar.

can you tell me why you chose to become a united fan?

My Dad was born there and lived there as a child and i grew up with my Dad and Brother influencing me to support them by taking me to games ect. Went to my first game when i was 3. Manchester United Vs Leeds.

luce
25-09-2008, 09:18 PM
That's nice. tbh they're still fans

RareIce
25-09-2008, 11:00 PM
My Dad was born there and lived there as a child and i grew up with my Dad and Brother influencing me to support them by taking me to games ect. Went to my first game when i was 3. Manchester United Vs Leeds.

well thats fair enough, its just fans supporting them because they are successful and not even being from manchester!

Wootzeh
26-09-2008, 01:26 PM
talksport, lol.

Excellent2
26-09-2008, 01:42 PM
Right RareIce you're really starting to get on my nerves now, you say you're at college? Grow a set and grow up you narrow minded little boy. I am from Devon, I've invested money into the club by buying tickets to go see the games, by paying for sky just so I could watch the games I couldn't go to. I've brought all the shirts, training gear, signed footballs. Just because I'm not from manchester does not mean I cannot support them. I am a dedicated UTD fan, just because you try to discourage me because Man Pity got beat last night you will not take my pride ;)

Immenseman
26-09-2008, 01:45 PM
jealousy, lol.

alexxxxx
26-09-2008, 03:55 PM

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7632865.stm

I'm laughing.

RareIce
26-09-2008, 04:17 PM
Right RareIce you're really starting to get on my nerves now, you say you're at college? Grow a set and grow up you narrow minded little boy. I am from Devon, I've invested money into the club by buying tickets to go see the games, by paying for sky just so I could watch the games I couldn't go to. I've brought all the shirts, training gear, signed footballs. Just because I'm not from manchester does not mean I cannot support them. I am a dedicated UTD fan, just because you try to discourage me because Man Pity got beat last night you will not take my pride ;)
invested money in the club your not a shareholder mate.
oh deary me someone has lost his rag, be mature please, what does growing up have to do with this debate i have an opinion. That you should support your home town club, not supporting a club because they are successful. I know Man U fans who are sick of the fans from down south because they cant even get a ticket to watch their home town club.
Thats partly why city call themselves the only team to come from manchester. All im saying is Man U is full of glory hunters and TBH they do have some dedicated real fans. But the majority of Man U fans in England come from outside of manchester! thanks little boy.

;5135413']http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/business/7632865.stm

I'm laughing.

deal with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, which is helping the firm stay afloat.

helping them stay afloat. It doesnt say backed by the entire of america.

alexxxxx
26-09-2008, 04:20 PM

it's a BRANCH of the Federal Reserve. IE - the Federal Reserve System.

Mate, it was in the international news and everything.

e5
26-09-2008, 04:40 PM
We already know that like more than 80% on United's fans don't live in Manchester lol.

Browney
26-09-2008, 04:42 PM
Not really because I think they're just doing it to see the team win and won't support Plymouth because they're not so good.

nah, It's got to run deeper than that. Otherwise why doesn't the guy from Kent who posted earlier just pop onto BBC Sport on a sunday evening? If hes willing to spend so much money on going to see his team play I'm sure he actually is a real fan.

The Federal Reserve System (also the Federal Reserve; informally The Fed) is the central banking system of the United States.

Functions of a central bank (not all functions are carried out by all banks):

controls the nation's entire money supply

RareIce
26-09-2008, 04:51 PM
nah, It's got to run deeper than that. Otherwise why doesn't the guy from Kent who posted earlier just pop onto BBC Sport on a sunday evening? If hes willing to spend so much money on going to see his team play I'm sure he actually is a real fan.

The Federal Reserve System (also the Federal Reserve; informally The Fed) is the central banking system of the United States.

Functions of a central bank (not all functions are carried out by all banks):

controls the nation's entire money supply

yes it doesnt mean united are supported by the whole of america it means AIG will survive.

Excellent2
26-09-2008, 04:53 PM
oh deary me someone has lost his rag, be mature please, what does growing up have to do with this debate i have an opinion. That you should support your home town club, not supporting a club because they are successful. I know Man U fans who are sick of the fans from down south because they cant even get a ticket to watch their home town club.
Thats partly why city call themselves the only team to come from manchester. All im saying is Man U is full of glory hunters and TBH they do have some dedicated real fans. But the majority of Man U fans in England come from outside of manchester! thanks little boy.Yes, in the club. Are you stupid? when I buy a ticket, SOME goes towards the player wages and SOME goes towards the club, moron :S You should put aside your jealousy of UTD from Man Pity and have a clear head, thats what maturity has to do with this "debate". I'm not support UTD because they are successful, I support them because I love the club? If they got relegated this season I'd be sad but would still have the passion and love for the club, thats dedication?

deal with the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, which is helping the firm stay afloat.

helping them stay afloat. It doesnt say backed by the entire of america.You should really google the banking system young one:rolleyes:

JackBuddy
26-09-2008, 04:59 PM
Maybe more people from Manchester go to city games because they don't have a fan base as superior as united's?

Browney
26-09-2008, 05:03 PM
yes it doesnt mean united are supported by the whole of america it means AIG will survive.

Did I say United are? Mate, I'll do this in bulletpoints.

AIG sponsor United. United use the money from sponsorships to improve the club, be it wages, stadium maintenance etc etc.

AIG get into trouble. Now, pay attention, it gets tricky. AIG get bailed out by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, a branch of the Federal Reserve, which control the entire of the american taxpayers money.

American's pay the taxes and the Fed then use 85 billion off it to bail out AIG at a cost of almost 80% in the company.

The Fed now have a controlling stake in AIG, meaning they pay the sponsorship fees for Manchester United. Manchester United then use this money to run the club. The national bank of america now pay the sponsorship fees to United.

Class dismissed.

Excellent2
26-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Thats partly why city call themselves the only team to come from manchester. All im saying is Man U is full of glory hunters and TBH they do have some dedicated real fans. But the majority of Man U fans in England come from outside of manchester! thanks little boy.

Did I say United are? Mate, I'll do this in bulletpoints.

AIG sponsor United. United use the money from sponsorships to improve the club, be it wages, stadium maintenance etc etc.

AIG get into trouble. Now, pay attention, it gets tricky. AIG get bailed out by the Federal Reserve Bank of New York, a branch of the Federal Reserve, which control the entire of the american taxpayers money.

American's pay the taxes and the Fed then use 85 billion off it to bail out AIG at a cost of almost 80% in the company.

The Fed now have a controlling stake in AIG, meaning they pay the sponsorship fees for Manchester United. Manchester United then use this money to run the club. The national bank of america now pay the sponsorship fees to United.

Class dismissed.Owned? lmao.

RareIce
26-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Yes, in the club. Are you stupid? when I buy a ticket, SOME goes towards the player wages and SOME goes towards the club, moron :S You should put aside your jealousy of UTD from Man Pity and have a clear head, thats what maturity has to do with this "debate". I'm not support UTD because they are successful, I support them because I love the club? If they got relegated this season I'd be sad but would still have the passion and love for the club, thats dedication?

[b]You should really google the banking system young one:rolleyes:

investment is where u have a piece of something with the expectation of profit mate

and lets talk about dedication man city went into division 2 fans was as loyal as ever thats dedication mate.

Excellent2
26-09-2008, 05:17 PM
investment is where u have a piece of something with the expectation of profit mate

and lets talk about dedication man city went into division 2 fans was as loyal as ever thats dedication mate.UTD profit me by winning games? :S

Tristan
26-09-2008, 11:12 PM
and lets talk about dedication man city went into division 2 fans was as loyal as ever thats dedication mate.

Yes because you have all the facts and figures that 100% of fans were "as loyal as ever", meaning that they all went to games while they were in division 2 etc.
Of course they were. :rolleyes:

Pyroka
26-09-2008, 11:30 PM
I think its a damned truth that alot of Man United fans don't come from Manchester or have never even set foot in Manchester before. It's unfair to say though, that they're not allowed to support a team because 'you supported them first'. Sure they're allowed to support Man Utd, and if they want to parade around saying how much their team is amazing then so be it! In the end, you can't do much about it and when Man Utd start losing (which tbh, it'll come because you cant stay at the top forever), people will laugh at the glory hunters and they'll go back to another team like some lost sheep. It's really their loss not yours.

I support Everton, I've only been to one or two of their games in the past 5 years (due to the fact I live in Devon) but whenever they come to play a game down south, or near around here I will go to it. I'm up in Liverpool at the moment and I'm dying at the fact I can't see the derby tommorow, but I'm just going to have to live with that. Would you call me a glory hunter, because I've only been to about two games & I support a team which is doing quite well?

No, because they're not at the top (yet :P!). Just give it a rest guys, you Man City & Man Utd supporters are just as bad as eachother... Sure as hell, if Man City win the league next season then this argument would be so topsy turvy.

RareIce
27-09-2008, 12:21 AM
Yes because you have all the facts and figures that 100% of fans were "as loyal as ever", meaning that they all went to games while they were in division 2 etc.
Of course they were. :rolleyes:

the stadium packed.

pyroka i agree tbh

Tristan
27-09-2008, 09:14 AM
the stadium packed.

pyroka i agree tbh

Yes because that surely happened and not one fan stopped supporting City and all that did before went to every game after as well. :rolleyes:

RareIce
27-09-2008, 09:17 AM
Yes because that surely happened and not one fan stopped supporting City and all that did before went to every game after as well. :rolleyes:

erm ok mate.

RyanDOT
27-09-2008, 10:02 AM
Audi will be the nest sponsor for Man Utd.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!