PDA

View Full Version : ICT GCSE

ToxicPaddy
28-09-2008, 10:47 PM
Hi
Well, I'm doing ICT for GCSE, but I have a problem. See, we have a really strict teacher but she's alright with me so thats ok. But for a task we have to do, we have to create a logo for a company we're making on microsoft fireworks. I done it last lesson but it wouldn't save, it came up with something like 'Cannot save - internal error'. Anyway, she came over and said it can't be saved so I had to do it on another computer. I came back after school and on another computer it still didn't work.

So I haven't done this logo think, and I have been racking my brains over the weekend trying to think how to do it but I cant. She will probably go ballistic, what should I do? She said with ICT it isn't about the quality of work, its about getting it in on time, every time. Do that, and you get an A*.

Help! :)

Moved by lAscend (Forum Super Moderator): From Discuss Anything. Please post in the correct section next time.

Nemo
28-09-2008, 10:49 PM
Just explain,maybe get a note telling that her there was no way you could have done it.

DJ-Vimto
28-09-2008, 10:49 PM
use different software and explain that you had difficulty saving it so you used a different program

ToxicPaddy
28-09-2008, 10:50 PM
use different software and explain that you had difficulty saving it so you used a different program

We have a list of things which say what we can and cannot do in the course, and if we use a different program its the same as not doing it, so I can't do that :( I like the note idea, it could work :)

Zak
28-09-2008, 11:01 PM
I hate Fireworks

What file format did you save your work as :S

ToxicPaddy
28-09-2008, 11:05 PM
Oohh umm.. .png I think, can't be sure. But when I tried to save as other formats, wouldn't work either. I managed to save work of it last year at school :S

Zak
28-09-2008, 11:09 PM
Not sure then, umm make sure you saved it in your own area?

As schools often have shared areas often on U:/

ToxicPaddy
28-09-2008, 11:12 PM
Yes it was my area. Tried saving it in all different files, nothing worked :(

IceNineKills
28-09-2008, 11:16 PM
try hitting her.

Abbie.
28-09-2008, 11:24 PM
wots the point of making a good logo when u can just make one on microsoft word which would take 5mins and u'll prob just get the same marks for it anyway?

or am i the only lazy 1 here LOL..

ToxicPaddy
28-09-2008, 11:57 PM
wots the point of making a good logo when u can just make one on microsoft word which would take 5mins and u'll prob just get the same marks for it anyway?

or am i the only lazy 1 here LOL..
Lol :P
Well we had to get a clipart image from a word document, and then make it better on fireworks. That includes shading, glow, changing colour, text (company name), background etc.

Virgin Mary
29-09-2008, 12:05 AM
Make one on photoshop, save it as .png, send it to your school computer and tell her you did it on fireworks.

Invent
29-09-2008, 12:36 AM
Tell me what the logo is for and I'll make you one to use...lol..(if it has to be a specific clip-art image).

Recursion
29-09-2008, 11:24 AM
Your teacher doesn't sound as if she should be teaching IT AT ALL.

I dont see how they will know if you used Fireworks or not once its printed on paper though. We are encouraged to go away from the booklet and use our own tools.

Fez
29-09-2008, 04:13 PM
Maybe save it on a USB stick or something, and say you ''did it at home.'', if the computers have something wrong with the software and she sees the ''LOL YOU CAN'T SAVE THAT LOL'' pop-up, then she won't go ballistic.

Kardan
29-09-2008, 04:17 PM
She said with ICT it isn't about the quality of work, its about getting it in on time, every time. Do that, and you get an A*.

Well, she's a crap teacher then - if I put the word 'ICT' on a word document, printed it and handed it in on time, I'd get an A*...

If it's coursework and there's a final deadline, there's no way around it - unless your teacher asks the necessary people for more time.

Geraint
29-09-2008, 04:26 PM
Export the file to my pictures instead of saving it. That's what we're told to do.

DarrenToogood
29-09-2008, 05:14 PM
Make it at home and then take it in on a flashdrive... is what i did as I refused to use Fireworks :)

Jordy
29-09-2008, 05:39 PM
Your teacher doesn't sound as if she should be teaching IT AT ALL.

I dont see how they will know if you used Fireworks or not once its printed on paper though. We are encouraged to go away from the booklet and use our own tools.On my ICT Course, the school have imposed a rule that your not allowed to work off-site. USBs are disabled as it is anyway so it's rather difficult. Upload to Google docs and print off at home (You can't download anything at school). It's all MS Office and SERIF (eww)

Out of interest, are you doing the course were you have to design a logo for a fictional company, and then design a letterhead, business document, invoice etc? We're doing that atm and it sucks :P

I designed my logo on Paint lol.

DarrenToogood
29-09-2008, 06:03 PM
OCR Nationals I think you are referring to Jordy.

ToxicPaddy
29-09-2008, 06:20 PM
On my ICT Course, the school have imposed a rule that your not allowed to work off-site. USBs are disabled as it is anyway so it's rather difficult. Upload to Google docs and print off at home (You can't download anything at school). It's all MS Office and SERIF (eww)

Out of interest, are you doing the course were you have to design a logo for a fictional company, and then design a letterhead, business document, invoice etc? We're doing that atm and it sucks :P

Lol. Nah I'm doing the create a website with at least 8 pages about a company we have to make up.

Imp!
29-09-2008, 07:27 PM
All ict teachers r betches, its in their nature although ours has the top GCSE marks in Northern Ireland so we kind of have to listen to her

ToxicPaddy
29-09-2008, 11:58 PM
I managed to finally do it today!! I don't know how, but I just done it as normal and it saved. I'm also surprisingly further than the others in the class, my teacher says :D

Zak
30-09-2008, 12:41 AM
On my ICT Course, the school have imposed a rule that your not allowed to work off-site. USBs are disabled as it is anyway so it's rather difficult.

You can't use USB Sticks?!!?

I've never known a school do that before :P

Joe!
02-10-2008, 09:53 PM
Mrs Wright? Shes an ***** if that is who you have. The network they have at that school is pretty awful anyway. it took them ages to figure out how people we're sending messages using vbscript, then their excuse was they taught it to sixth form students and they must've told us..
Anyway, it is the quality that counts, she will moan if it isn't good enough seriously, they all moan, no matter what you do.

ToxicPaddy
03-10-2008, 05:07 PM
Mrs Wright? Shes an ***** if that is who you have. The network they have at that school is pretty awful anyway. it took them ages to figure out how people we're sending messages using vbscript, then their excuse was they taught it to sixth form students and they must've told us..
Anyway, it is the quality that counts, she will moan if it isn't good enough seriously, they all moan, no matter what you do.

Lol yea thats who I have :P She does moan if its bad quality, it needs to be average at least I think.

Swinkid
03-10-2008, 06:42 PM
You can't use USB Sticks?!!?

I've never known a school do that before :P

At our school, we have SIMS so they can alredy disable our memory sticks.

Glen Coco
05-10-2008, 09:19 AM
Hi
Well, I'm doing ICT for GCSE, but I have a problem. See, we have a really strict teacher but she's alright with me so thats ok. But for a task we have to do, we have to create a logo for a company we're making on microsoft fireworks. I done it last lesson but it wouldn't save, it came up with something like 'Cannot save - internal error'. Anyway, she came over and said it can't be saved so I had to do it on another computer. I came back after school and on another computer it still didn't work.

So I haven't done this logo think, and I have been racking my brains over the weekend trying to think how to do it but I cant. She will probably go ballistic, what should I do? She said with ICT it isn't about the quality of work, its about getting it in on time, every time. Do that, and you get an A*.

Moved by lAscend (Forum Super Moderator): From Discuss Anything. Please post in the correct section next time.

Do you have to do a logo for a pizza company by any chance?

Hayd93
05-10-2008, 11:17 AM
Glad you got this sorted.

This is why i hate ict at our school they think they are amasing on fireworks ect when they really aint. Media on the other hand they are as they have poeple who have ued this stuff for a job before. Sutch as 1 of my teahcers is a ex bbc radio producer. And my other was a BBC camara wommen and editor and still is a part time camara operator.

Alupe
05-10-2008, 06:06 PM
Just explain to her trust me i know how it feels...

ToxicPaddy
05-10-2008, 11:11 PM
No we have to create a logo for a company we create. I chose a computer selling company. Its sorted out now and I am doing well :) Thanks again for your help, always appreciated :)

Recursion
06-10-2008, 03:27 PM
On my ICT Course, the school have imposed a rule that your not allowed to work off-site. USBs are disabled as it is anyway so it's rather difficult. Upload to Google docs and print off at home (You can't download anything at school). It's all MS Office and SERIF (eww)

Yup, crappiest course ever. But he did say im such a geek that I could get a second IT GCSE LOL

Our school has changed it slighty, we are doing a Music download site called "Downloable Tunes" LMAO. Anyway, we are allowed USB sticks hehe we are allowed to go work at home etc... too

Soy
07-10-2008, 02:48 PM
The ICT course that your doing sounds alot better than mine... all we have done is databases after databases.

Is this coursework?

ToxicPaddy
07-10-2008, 06:40 PM
The ICT course that your doing sounds alot better than mine... all we have done is databases after databases.

Is this coursework?

Each task we are doing is coursework.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!