PDA

View Full Version : Longest word....

Smits
01-07-2005, 03:23 PM
can u tell me the longest word in the dictionary ?????
whever does gets rep !!!!!!!!!! :D

Roboevil
01-07-2005, 03:24 PM
Antidisestablishmentarianism...
It means, the establishment of the people who are against people who are against the church and the christian religion.

Smits
01-07-2005, 03:25 PM
wow that was quik lol i learnt that 2day lol
+rep

cocaine
01-07-2005, 03:58 PM
Yes, that is the longest word.

This thread is also spam!

Smits
01-07-2005, 03:59 PM
wot is spam ???

Crumpets.
01-07-2005, 05:09 PM
no theres another word which is the same.....

floccinauccinihilipilifacation

look it up yourself!

Crumpets.
01-07-2005, 05:20 PM
check this page out....http://dictionary.reference.com/help/faq/language/l/longestword.html

Raza786
01-07-2005, 09:57 PM
pneumonoultramicroscopicsilicovolcanoconiosis

It Means defined by the OED as "a factitious word alleged to mean 'a lung disease caused by the inhalation of very fine silica dust' but occurring chiefly as an instance of a very long word

P.s I Got That Word Out Of Website boy/Girl Told

Discountguy
01-07-2005, 10:09 PM
wot is spam ???

this is spam
http://www.sci.fi/~jpoyry/huijarit/spam.jpg (http://habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=52510)

(p.s click the picture to see an example of spam being used)

paradox
02-07-2005, 09:54 AM
Theres alot of welsh towns that never end in letters!

Am_I_Cool?
02-07-2005, 09:08 PM
Theres alot of welsh towns that never end in letters!
That's right! :D
http://www.llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch.com/
is the longest URL for a place in wales
so technically llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch is the longest word despite it not being in the dictionary :D

Craig
03-07-2005, 12:17 PM
yer thats a train station and my dad can say it :o

Joe.
18-07-2005, 02:55 PM
lol its cool :)

i particularly like supercalifragilisticexpialidocious :D

ColyTom
31-10-2005, 06:05 PM
Chemical Terms
Two chemical terms (3,641 and 1,913 letters long) have appeared in the Guinness Book of World Records. They were withdrawn because they have never been used by chemists, and there is no theoretical limit to the length of possible legitimate chemical terms. A DNA molecule could have a name of over 1,000,000,000 letters if it was written out in full.
(1,185) ACETYL­SERYL­TYROSYL­SERYL­ISO­LEUCYL­THREON YL­SERYL­PROLYL­SERYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALAN YL­VALYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­LEUCYL­SERYL­SERYL­V ALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­ALANYL­ASPARTYL­PROLYL­ISOLEU CYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­LEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL­VALYL ­CYSTEINYL­THREONYL­SERYL­SERYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL ­ASPARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMI NYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­ALANYL­ARG INYL­THREONYL­THREONYL­GLUTAMINYL­VALYL­GLUTA MINYL­GLUTAMINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­SERYL­GLUTAMIN YL­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­LYSYL­PROLYL­PHENYL­ALAN YL­PROLYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL­THREONYL­VALYL­AR GINYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­PROLYL­GLYCYL­ASPARTYL­V ALYL­TYROSYL­LYSYL­VALYL­TYROSYL­ARGINYL­TYR OSYL­ASPARAGINYL­ALANYL­VALYL­LEUCYL­ASPARTYL ­PROLYL­LEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­THREONYL­ALANYL­LEU CYL­LEUCYL­GLYCYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL­ASP ARTYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ASPARAGINYL­ARGINYL­IS OLEUCYL­ISOLEUCYL­GLUTAMYL­VALYL­GLUTAMYL­ASP ARAGINYL­GLUTAMINYL­GLUTAMINYL­SERYL­PROLYL­T HREONYL­THREONYL­ALANYL­GLUTAMYL­THREONYL­LEU CYL­ASPARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­ARGINYL­ARGINYL ­VALYL­ASPARTYL­ASPARTYL­ALANYL­THREONYL­VALY L­ALANYL­ISOLEUCYL­ARGINYL­SERYL­ALANYL­ASPA RAGINYL­ISOLEUCYL­ASPARAGINYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­AS PARAGINYL­GLUTAMYL­LEUCYL­VALYL­ARGINYL­GLYCY L­THREONYL­GLYCYL­LEUCYL­TYROSYL­ASPARAGINYL ­GLUTAMINYL­ASPARAGINYL­THREONYL­PHENYL­ALANYL ­GLUTAMYL­SERYL­METHIONYL­SERYL­GLYCYL­LEUCY L­VALYL­TRYPTOPHYL­THREONYL­SERYL­ALANYL­PRO LYL­ALANYL­SERINE = Tobacco Mosaic Virus, Dahlemense Strain.
This word has appeared in the American Chemical Society's Chemical Abstracts and is thus considered by some to be the longest real word.

Edit by Baving (Forum Moderator) - Please do not pointless post.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!