PDA

View Full Version : The "Why aren't Cardiff in the Welsh League?" thread

Loser
16-10-2008, 04:08 PM
Have the Welshies recently beaten you? Have they aughed at England failing to qualify for the Euros? Do you find yourself asking "Why don't you play in the Welsh League"?
Well, I'll tell you.

Years ago, when football was nothing more than a barely orginised sport with a handful of football teams, Cardiff City FC were formed, as Riverside FC. A team of cricketers, remained as a team through the winter months in an effort to raise team spirit to help with cricketting results. And, cutting out the crap, they became Cardiff City and joined the Southern League Division Two (of England, not Wales) in 1910.
Cardiff were promoted to the First Division in 1913, and 7 years later were elected into the full Division Two (whole of England (and now partly Wales)). In this same year, Cardiff lost the title on goal difference, and were promoted to the first division. 1 year after this, we won the FA Cup.

The WPL was formed in 1992, Cardiff City went 'professional' in 1910. Do you see the complications? Cardiff have never played in the WPL.

Ask away...

Aflux
16-10-2008, 04:19 PM
and Swansea, and Wrexham.

Geraint
16-10-2008, 04:20 PM
Actually, Cardiff did play a reserve team in the Welsh Premier League.

EDIT: Why does no-one complain about Merthyr, Newport and Colwyn Bay?

Loser
16-10-2008, 04:29 PM
and Swansea, and Wrexham.

Actually, Cardiff did play a reserve team in the Welsh Premier League.

Because they don't win things, or because most people don't know they exist.

Judge Judy
16-10-2008, 05:00 PM
Lol, I didn't realise Bae Colwyn Colwyn Bay was in an English league .. and I used to live 30 mins away xD

Soy
16-10-2008, 05:08 PM
Cardiff woooooooooooooooooooooooo

Why complain?

Captain
17-10-2008, 03:07 PM
Thanks for informing me.

Nereo
17-10-2008, 03:42 PM
I dont see a problem with Welsh teams playing in England. They are afterall part of Britain and as far as countries go they arent a very independant nation :P

Captain
17-10-2008, 04:04 PM
Well technically they shouldn't be playing in England but who cares. Even if they are a part of BRtain they still shouldn't be playing in English Leagues since it's operated by the FA.

Geraint
17-10-2008, 04:13 PM
Well technically they shouldn't be playing in England but who cares. Even if they are a part of BRtain they still shouldn't be playing in English Leagues since it's operated by the FA.

Yes, and Cardiff are part of the F.A.

How about these examples?

Berwick
TNS
Derry City
Loads of Candians teams play in American leagues

Welsh teams played in the English league before the League of Wales was formed.

Browney
17-10-2008, 04:45 PM
I don't see a problem with it, I also don't see the point in this thread... who cares? I don't see anyone like "OMGZZ CARDIF R NT IN WELSH LEAG??/ H4XX" until you brought up this thread.

Loser
17-10-2008, 05:45 PM
I don't see a problem with it, I also don't see the point in this thread... who cares? I don't see anyone like "OMGZZ CARDIF R NT IN WELSH LEAG??/ H4XX" until you brought up this thread.

It's a commonly asked question, so I thought I'd clear it up.

Cypher-
17-10-2008, 06:22 PM
Yes, and Cardiff are part of the F.A.

How about these examples?

Berwick
TNS
Derry City
Loads of Candians teams play in American leagues

Welsh teams played in the English league before the League of Wales was formed.

Derry city is liable to play in either the irish league or the southern eircom league as the half the city is protestant and the other catholic, and its in northern ireland.

sock
17-10-2008, 06:47 PM
WOT ABOUT AIRBUS UK

Geraint
17-10-2008, 08:31 PM
WOT ABOUT AIRBUS UK

They're the workers of the airbus factory in North Wales. They play in the league of wales.

Aflux
17-10-2008, 08:39 PM
If you get trialled for rape then just say you let them know first, that way you get less time in prison because it's not actually rape.

JackBuddy
17-10-2008, 08:48 PM
Slightly off-topic but didn't Celtic get offered to be in the English leagues or something?

Jamie!
17-10-2008, 08:59 PM
Don't think there was anything official, but there was talk of them trying to enter the English leagues since there is virtually no competition in the Scottish leagues with them there.

Same thing was meant to happen with us when we were doing **** and fighting relegation at the foot of Division Three season after season. Suppose it wouldn't have been that bad, we'd be a Champions League club by now... :8

Nereo
17-10-2008, 09:01 PM
If you get trialled for rape then just say you let them know first, that way you get less time in prison because it's not actually rape.

Wrong thread? :P

Holofoil
17-10-2008, 11:39 PM
I dont see a problem with Welsh teams playing in England. They are afterall part of Britain and as far as countries go they arent a very independant nation :P
We would be if England actually let us.
But I find it more funny that we steal all your money to provide for our country :D (I used to live in Cardiff for 14 years)

Loser
18-10-2008, 08:24 PM

An important point, but not valid here.

Mexel
19-10-2008, 09:15 AM

Why do you think lol?

Geraint
19-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Why do you think lol?

because Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham are seen as a threat to english clubs.

sock
19-10-2008, 04:47 PM
wrexham, don't make me laf.

Earthquake
19-10-2008, 04:51 PM
I don't know anything about the welsh league, but it would be good to have some reasons why they should be in the welsh league without just saying ''WHY AINT THEY IN THE WELSH LEAGUE''

Geraint
19-10-2008, 04:53 PM
I don't know anything about the welsh league, but it would be good to have some reasons why they should be in the welsh league without just saying ''WHY AINT THEY IN THE WELSH LEAGUE''

The thread starter is a Cardiff fan...

Loser
19-10-2008, 06:17 PM
wrexham, don't make me laf.

He said some.

Pay attention at the back!

Mexel
19-10-2008, 11:52 PM
because Cardiff, Swansea and Wrexham are seen as a threat to english clubs.

No its due to the fact you 3 clubs are in higher leagues and no one has heard of the other teams :l

Bun
20-10-2008, 07:26 AM
The "I don't care" post.

Loser
20-10-2008, 07:40 PM
No its due to the fact you 3 clubs are in higher leagues and no one has heard of the other teams :l

That's pretty much the same thing.

Judge Judy
20-10-2008, 07:51 PM
tbh I think Rhyl FC should be english league but they aren't. oh well they were in euro cup so thats alright

oh wait they've won the chesire league three times just realised :S

Geraint
20-10-2008, 07:54 PM
tbh I think Rhyl FC should be english league but they aren't. oh well they were in euro cup so thats alright

oh wait they've won the chesire league three times just realised :S

more like TNS, rhyl is actually in Wales.

Judge Judy
20-10-2008, 08:02 PM
yeah it's my hometown :P

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!