PDA

View Full Version : Redknapp new spurs boss

Immenseman
25-10-2008, 11:17 PM
:O didnt see that happening.

Geraint
25-10-2008, 11:18 PM
:O didnt see that happening.

That is a bad a decision by Redknapp as it was for Tottenham to sack their staff.

Aflux
25-10-2008, 11:18 PM
YOU COULDN'T USE THE OTHER FRED COULD YOU

Scouse
25-10-2008, 11:19 PM
jamie or harry?

Geraint
25-10-2008, 11:20 PM
jamie or harry?

beat me to it. I was just about to say he used to play for Spurs.

Immenseman
25-10-2008, 11:21 PM
adam i never make threads here i wanted to be first :(

he's being interviewed via phone on ssn now btw.

you heard it here before bbc!!

Andys
25-10-2008, 11:21 PM
He hasnt signed yet, has he?

Aflux
25-10-2008, 11:22 PM
Near enough.

Geraint
25-10-2008, 11:22 PM

Should be confirmed tomorrow.

Immenseman
25-10-2008, 11:24 PM
he said it's all been agreed and he'll be in the spurs dressing room when they play bolton tomorrow

Geraint
25-10-2008, 11:25 PM
This means that cheating scottish git is in charge of Portsmouth.

Andys
25-10-2008, 11:26 PM
sauce? source?

Immenseman
25-10-2008, 11:28 PM
i was watching sky sports news and the guy literally said "i've just spoken to harry redknapp and he's confirmed he's the new manager" then redknapp came on the blower and opened his heart. I assume they're still talking about it now or if you can't watch it'll be on their website soon, I can't help it I'm faster than the BBC and SSN team!!

Andys
25-10-2008, 11:31 PM
Talkin about it on setanta now :P

e5
Last I heard was cuando got fired lol, cool news kk

Aflux
i was watching sky sports news and the guy literally said "i've just spoken to harry redknapp and he's confirmed he's the new manager" then redknapp came on the blower and opened his heart. I assume they're still talking about it now or if you can't watch it'll be on their website soon, I can't help it I'm faster than the BBC and SSN team!!
It's past bed-time so give them a wee bit of lenience.

Immenseman
25-10-2008, 11:34 PM
Nah, no excuse. I'm better.

Andys
25-10-2008, 11:42 PM
Last I heard was cuando got fired lol, cool news kk
Cuando? :S

RareIce
26-10-2008, 02:35 AM
dodgey Harry Redknapp
if i was a portsmouth fan id be furious he left them for southampton a while back aswell.

Geo23
26-10-2008, 08:46 AM
Wow Football is a really weird game at times.

Pompey = Secure job , Fa cup winners

Spurs = Well their Spurs

Really werid

Browney
26-10-2008, 09:06 AM
Wow Football is a really weird game at times.

Pompey = Secure job , Fa cup winners

Spurs = Well their Spurs

Really werid

Pompey need money. They're skint. They are looking for a buyer and I guess Harry sees potential in Spurs.

Aflux
26-10-2008, 09:26 AM
Spurs are NOT A BAD TEAM, they're having a BAD RUN and they'll turn it round - they should've stuck with Ramos. I bet Spurs win today, and I bet Harry gets all the praise for 'turning Spurs around' when Spurs probably would've won anyway. Pisses me off so much when managers get praise for **** all.

prada
26-10-2008, 09:28 AM
my brother and dad are pompey supporters, they are gunna be gutted all day LOL they loved harry.. shame really, spurs are ****

Rarelime
26-10-2008, 09:34 AM
The thing Spurs really need is stability; with Harry Redknapp an essence of that will be put in place. Otherwise every October when the **** hits the fan so to speak the manager will be sacked. I agree that getting rid of Ramos and Poyet was a bit too early, as they were what Spurs really needed - a manager who isn’t afraid to drop players if they aren't playing up to standard, and if they have a negative influence on the team. I guess that in the end it was a case of, right men, wrong club.

Jam
26-10-2008, 09:44 AM
Should've kept Poyet at least. Maybe he's doing another screw job, like he did with southampton. Portsmouth > Soton > Soton get Relgated > Portsmouth

Minstrels
26-10-2008, 10:00 AM
YES! This means the slapped arsed off a face, corrupt, saggy skinned elephant will be relegated with Spurs! Unless of course you "Quite like Richard Dunne - he's top man" or even "I quite like Hart he's a young lad", thinking it will give you a good chance of tapping players up eh?

Gomes - Utterly ****
Bale - Greedy and big headed
Dawson - Sted head eating burgers
Woodgate - Failed at Newcastle, Failed at RM, Failing at Spurs
Corluka - Slow, doesn't put in a tackle and fails because he doesn't have a good CB backing him.
Bentley - "Were playing pretty **** at the moment" You summed it up David.
Modric - Light weight
Lennon - Fast as hell, now come back when you can cross and we'll buy him. :rolleyes:
Dunno
Pabliowanko - First season and you know your crap!

Going down going down going down!

6:0 IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS LADS - BRING ON THE SPURS!!!

Cisse9
26-10-2008, 10:01 AM
That is a bad a decision by Redknapp as it was for Tottenham to sack their staff.

Get ready for another 30 mill spent on new players in january

Minstrels
26-10-2008, 10:07 AM
Get ready for another 30 mill spent on new players in january
On **** players. They have TWO points. Even delap wont join them now.

British
26-10-2008, 10:24 AM
why would redknapp leave pompey! :S

Andys
26-10-2008, 10:52 AM
It's all about the money...

Aflux
26-10-2008, 11:13 AM
It's all about the money...
Not really, he can't do much more with Portsmouth and they're in a tricky situation financially so he decided it'd be better for him, Portsmouth and Spurs if he left.

brandon
26-10-2008, 11:17 AM
A nice 5 million sovereigns for money-struck Portsmouth though.

Geraint
26-10-2008, 12:58 PM
On **** players. They have TWO points. Even delap wont join them now.

Tottenham are a big club. Players will join them. It's not like they're going to go down.

Cixso
26-10-2008, 01:04 PM
Tottenham are a big club. Players will join them. It's not like they're going to go down.

Same thing was said about Leeds.

Geraint
26-10-2008, 01:11 PM
Same thing was said about Leeds.

and do players still go to leeds? I think so.

--ss--
26-10-2008, 01:14 PM
Sorry but Harry isn't going to make much difference to the team and performance, he may shout and complain a bit more than Ramos did but he isn't going to help improve the team. Should of just left Ramos in, he was just having a bad start so he probably was just expiermenting with players and such.
Their next match is on Wednesday against Arsenal, I don't see them winning.

Geo23
26-10-2008, 01:19 PM
Sorry but Harry isn't going to make much difference to the team and performance, he may shout and complain a bit more than Ramos did but he isn't going to help improve the team. Should of just left Ramos in, he was just having a bad start so he probably was just expiermenting with players and such.
Their next match is on Wednesday against Arsenal, I don't see them winning.

Good decsion to sack him.

His record ater the carling cup was terrible.

Performances were not Premship Standard.

Spurs are in a relgation fight this season and Harry will need to buy the missing players in the Jan.

Cixso
26-10-2008, 02:22 PM
and do players still go to leeds? I think so.

What table are leeds playing in England?

Aflux
26-10-2008, 02:31 PM
What table are leeds playing in England?
http://www.workmanshipinc.com/four_cornerstones_table_broken_%28custom%29.jpg

RareIce
26-10-2008, 04:05 PM
HR do anything for a brown envelope

Tbh.
26-10-2008, 09:10 PM
As a portsmouth fan i'm sick at how harry has done this to us again
first time i was annoyed as he went to our rivals but when he came back i was happy as he was a good manager,
but now i and i doubt many other pompey fans have any respect for him and will NEVER want to see him back at portsmouth
i just cant wait til' Pompey Vs Spurs next
he will regret leaving us because of the abuse he will get

Geraint
26-10-2008, 09:12 PM
first time i was annoyed as he went to our rivals but when he came back i was happy as he was a good manager,
but now i and i doubt many other pompey fans have any respect for him and will NEVER want to see him back at portsmouth

ahh, brilliant idea. let's abuse our fa cup winning manager.

Loser
26-10-2008, 10:15 PM

Oh Christ. Somebody thinks Harry joined the Aryans when he became their manager.

Tbh.
27-10-2008, 01:53 AM
ahh, brilliant idea. let's abuse our fa cup winning manager.

in all honesty we didnt deserve to win it

JackBuddy
27-10-2008, 09:09 AM
YES! This means the slapped arsed off a face, corrupt, saggy skinned elephant will be relegated with Spurs! Unless of course you "Quite like Richard Dunne - he's top man" or even "I quite like Hart he's a young lad", thinking it will give you a good chance of tapping players up eh?

Gomes - Utterly ****
Bale - Greedy and big headed
Dawson - Sted head eating burgers
Woodgate - Failed at Newcastle, Failed at RM, Failing at Spurs
Corluka - Slow, doesn't put in a tackle and fails because he doesn't have a good CB backing him.
Bentley - "Were playing pretty **** at the moment" You summed it up David.
Modric - Light weight
Lennon - Fast as hell, now come back when you can cross and we'll buy him. :rolleyes:
Dunno
Pabliowanko - First season and you know your crap!

Going down going down going down!

6:0 IN A COUPLE OF WEEKS LADS - BRING ON THE SPURS!!!
lol, and i suppose you knew that redknapp was manager 6 weeks ago yeh? I'm sure many of your players fit those factors you listed above. Harry will do better than Ramos... after 1 year he could barely speak any English (unlike Fabio) and there was a lack of communication between player and manager. Although the blame could also be pointed towards Daniel Levy for running the club in a continental way with a director of football and whatnot.

Minstrels
27-10-2008, 09:12 AM
lol, and i suppose you knew that redknapp was manager 6 weeks ago yeh?
No why should I? :S

Aflux
27-10-2008, 09:27 AM
lol, and i suppose you knew that redknapp was manager 6 weeks ago yeh? I'm sure many of your players fit those factors you listed above. Harry will do better than Ramos... after 1 year he could barely speak any English (unlike Fabio) and there was a lack of communication between player and manager. Although the blame could also be pointed towards Daniel Levy for running the club in a continental way with a director of football and whatnot.
Spurs would've won yesterday if Ramos was in charge.

JackBuddy
28-10-2008, 09:59 AM
Spurs would've won yesterday if Ramos was in charge.
I doubt it.

Aflux
28-10-2008, 11:13 AM
I doubt it.
No, he would've done - I almost 100% guarentee it. It's stupid to say that he wouldn't. He's an excellent manager that wasn't given time.

JackBuddy
28-10-2008, 12:25 PM
No, he would've done - I almost 100% guarentee it. It's stupid to say that he wouldn't. He's an excellent manager that wasn't given time.
I don't think they could risk going on much longer without getting relegated, he won 3 league games since we won the carling cup. Plus the fact that he could barely speak English... Redknapp did make an impact, the players were playing much more positive than under Ramos.

Rarelime
28-10-2008, 02:16 PM

If he was such an excellent manager, why did he change the team every week? why did he play ridiculous formations? why did he play key players out of position?

On reflection about his time as manager, I believe he was given enough time.

Aflux
28-10-2008, 02:21 PM
His managerial career at Spurs began this season in my eyes, and he wasn't given enough time to build the squad he wanted and gel them together and work out how to utilise the players that he has. If they gave him a season, they'd finish top half pushing for Europe - the next season, he'd build on the foundations he'd set and then they would be a major player in the league but in this day and age, managers don't get the time they need and youngsters don't understand how football works - you can't just slam players into a team and expect them to play together straight away. I hate Spurs but Jesus, this is common sense stuff.

Geraint
28-10-2008, 02:51 PM
He couldn't even make the team himself. Commolli was buying the players.

Looochella
28-10-2008, 06:37 PM
im a spurs fan :)
i think its great hes our manager!

yido
28-10-2008, 08:23 PM
coyssssssssssssssss

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!