PDA

View Full Version : EMA

Heart Break Kid
28-10-2008, 10:14 AM
and my application has been accepted WOOO!!!!
i have moneys :)

Thread closed by SyrupyMonkey (Forum Super Moderator): To prevent further petty arguments.

Anflex
28-10-2008, 10:22 AM
I never qualified as my parents earned too much, which I could never understand. So what if your parents earn more :S I bet half the EMA qualifiers even spend their money on school stuff.

Heart Break Kid
28-10-2008, 10:24 AM
lol i wont
ill need that too live :)
and once a motnh im gunna buy a game :)
just to treat myself ;)
then the rest will be for food
and clothes :P

Bun
28-10-2008, 10:27 AM
i still haven't got it, and i'm only going to get a tenner :(. meh it'll just be more money to waste along with the money i get from my job :8.

Heart Break Kid
28-10-2008, 10:28 AM
oooh shame Cod
:o do u have a part time job like?
LMAO!!!!!! good on ya ;)

Wayne
28-10-2008, 10:42 AM
The only bit of EMA I've spent on college stuff is £10 for a 8GB memory stick for ICT.

Josh-H
28-10-2008, 12:00 PM
I'm getting my EMA every tuesday now. :)

Wayne
28-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Every Tuesday? Lucky. :) Mine's every Friday. ;)

EleanorG
28-10-2008, 12:12 PM
When I wasat college, a lot of my peers spent their EMA on nights out, clothes, games, perfume, make-up, shoes etc. Very rarely on school items as their parents still bought them everything they needed for school. However, there were a handful of people who spent all of their EMA money on books, stationary, college clothes, equipment and even personal tutors when needed. So not everyone just spends their EMA on luxuries.

JackBuddy
28-10-2008, 12:28 PM
and once a motnh im gunna buy a game :)

nice to know my parents tax money is being spent well.

Edited by Yoshimitsui (Super Moderator): Please do not try to start an argument.

Heart Break Kid
28-10-2008, 12:30 PM
lol
that money is mine to spend
on whatever I want
not the tax payer
but ME

Captain
28-10-2008, 12:31 PM
Aww is someone not happy because they don't get EMA ;(
If you recieved EMA I know for a fact you wouldn't keep on moaning about 'your parents tax money', besides your parents are the only ones who pay tax you know..

Rapidshare
28-10-2008, 12:32 PM

I know lol, some ungreatful people here

JackBuddy
28-10-2008, 12:37 PM
Aww is someone not happy because they don't get EMA ;(
If you recieved EMA I know for a fact you wouldn't keep on moaning about 'your parents tax money', besides your parents are the only ones who pay tax you know..
you again... you are so narrow minded on this topic.

If I got EMA, not I wouldn't be moaning, but I am intelligent enough to realise the system is a load of ********. It's so pointless that somebody buys a £40 game every month just because their parents dont earn enough. The fact that somebody spends £40 a month of it towards buying a game is pathetic. I know there are some circumstances, but at the end of the day it's not down to the government to cater for teenagers whose parents who don't earn enough... they could have got themselves in that position.

Heart Break Kid
28-10-2008, 12:37 PM
lol how are people who spend it on what they want ungreateful
the government pay US to stay at a place for further education....
its people like you who are ungreatful

Rapidshare
28-10-2008, 12:41 PM

lol, you got me confused by saying "US" in caps, seeing i was wondering why our govemment was paying amercia for education...

and why would i be ungreatful? I have the chance of reciving disable allowance which is 250 a month, but i dont get it becasue i dont need it.

I rather use my mums hard worked money to get a game then other peoples.

JackBuddy
28-10-2008, 12:41 PM
what? I get an education unpaid so I think that I am more grateful and commited than you...

Heart Break Kid
28-10-2008, 12:43 PM
lol obviously which is why ur bullying me for saying im gunna buy a game once a month...

JackBuddy
28-10-2008, 12:45 PM
lol obviously which is why ur bullying me for saying im gunna buy a game once a month...
bullying? you just said I was ungrateful for receiving an education...

check this out:

Six out of 10 of England's poorer students would drop out without their college allowances, a poll for the National Union of Students suggests.

Heart Break Kid
28-10-2008, 12:47 PM
lol so now ur calling me poor
LOL!!!

no i said u were ungreateful coz i am getting paid and ur not

JackBuddy
28-10-2008, 12:52 PM
lol so now ur calling me poor
LOL!!!

no i said u were ungreateful coz i am getting paid and ur not
why should I be grateful that you get £30 a week?

Heart Break Kid
28-10-2008, 12:54 PM
because it keeps me off the streets
and u have just proved urself to be ungreateful

Captain
28-10-2008, 01:06 PM
you again... you are so narrow minded on this topic.

If I got EMA, not I wouldn't be moaning, but I am intelligent enough to realise the system is a load of ********. It's so pointless that somebody buys a £40 game every month just because their parents dont earn enough. The fact that somebody spends £40 a month of it towards buying a game is pathetic. I know there are some circumstances, but at the end of the day it's not down to the government to cater for teenagers whose parents who don't earn enough... they could have got themselves in that position.

I know the system is a load of crap but we're entitled to use the system whether you like it or not. Oh and of course its down to the goverment to provide stuff for teenagers just like they have to provide for the disabled etc. Perhaps when you pull your head out of your bum you'll realise that peoples parents who don't earn as much as yours don't usually want to be in that position and try to do as many jobs as they can just to provide a roof over the families heads.

Edited by Anflex (Forum Moderator) - Please do not be rude to other forum users.

PappaLou
28-10-2008, 04:10 PM
jack i'd keep it quiet if i were you.

maybe you and a few others don't like the system, no-body cares, the government are not taking your moaning into consideration, its here to stay.

DEAL WITH IT

JackBuddy
28-10-2008, 05:40 PM
jack i'd keep it quiet if i were you.

maybe you and a few others don't like the system, no-body cares, the government are not taking your moaning into consideration, its here to stay.

DEAL WITH IT
not if the conservatives win the next election.

Mitch4?
28-10-2008, 05:56 PM
I think that if people are staying in further education because of EMA then they don't actually want to fully comit to their school.
The only thing my parents pay for in my school is school trips.
They're not compulsorary, and im not being funny but me getting £0 a week, and you getting £30 a week, even though i'm working my backside of in a job for people to go out and buy a video game, blows my mind.
I can understand that yeah some people need it, but not for the people with no dead end job, and have lots of privledges,
I think it's the bigggest waste of tax payers money.
The person who said jack was bullying them, i lol'd literally, are you even old enough to get EMA with an attitude like that.

Anflex
28-10-2008, 07:49 PM
There are some good points being raised in this thread, however can we please ensure our posts remain on topic and we don't make comments that some users could take offense to.

Thanks.

EleanorG
28-10-2008, 09:50 PM
I understand both sides of this 'debate' here. Some students do rely on these payments to be able to go into further education, instead of having to go straight into the world of work. However, some do need these more than others and some do not need the money as much but still qualify, which means they have more freedom to spend the money on luxurious items.

Im sure 99% of students on EMA will spend some on educational uses, even if it is just stationary, so it does have it's purpose.

lAscend
28-10-2008, 09:56 PM
You are lucky you got EMA HBK mine hasnt even come through yet, they take so bloody long :(

Tbh.
28-10-2008, 11:45 PM
its been 9+ weeks now and i still havent got my ******* forms back
im getting impatient..

Wayne
28-10-2008, 11:47 PM
Ring the customer services.

Tbh.
29-10-2008, 12:08 AM
Ring the customer services.

have done.. twice ;l

Susie Dent
29-10-2008, 12:20 AM
Tell your parents to stop being *****rs and get a job and then you won't have any problems to do with EMA because you won't be entitled!

Edited by Anflex (Forum Moderator) - Please do not make comments that others may take offence to.

Callum.
29-10-2008, 12:37 AM
lol jacbuddy, we established he was poor a long time ago.

also, you bring this topic up all the time, just to argue.

Edited by SyrupyMonkey (Forum Super Mod.): Please do not be rude to other forum members.

Seads
29-10-2008, 01:08 AM
I need to send off for this lol how much do you get?

Rapidshare
29-10-2008, 01:09 AM

10-30 pouhnds

Abbie.
29-10-2008, 01:11 AM
Tell your parents to stop being *****rs and get a job and then you won't have any problems to do with EMA because you won't be entitled!

well actually, my parents arent *****rs.

my dads a retired policeman, and my mum works

i get £20 EMA :S?

no need to be so rude, not everyone is as big a snob as you. :]

dirrty
29-10-2008, 01:18 AM
i think if they dont receive the application form by this friday, you wont get backpayment. meaning you wont get like a couple of hundred quid (depending on how much you'll get).

Susie Dent
29-10-2008, 05:44 AM
well actually, my parents arent *****rs.

my dads a retired policeman, and my mum works

i get £20 EMA :S?

no need to be so rude, not everyone is as big a snob as you. :]
ok lol xx

LeeroyJenkins
29-10-2008, 07:26 AM
can someone tell me *** is an ema?!

JackBuddy
29-10-2008, 09:40 AM
lol jacbuddy, we established he was poor a long time ago.

also, you bring this topic up all the time, just to argue.
it pisses me off too much. I only have 2 days half term cos I'm working all of it to make money, wheras some people can just go to college every week.

Heart Break Kid
29-10-2008, 09:44 AM
oh that bullpoo!!!
i have 2 jobs
i work voluntarily
and believe me i bet my job is more important than you'rs

i help out with mentally disabled kids
on mondays and thursday for 2 seperate companies
what do you have... a paper round???

Aflux
29-10-2008, 09:55 AM

Edited by Yoshimitsui (Super Moderator): Please do not try to start an argument.
That's not trying to start an argument, it's a fact you mindless ****.

Edited by SyrupyMonkey (Forum Super Moderator): Please do not insult other members, this includes staff members.

JackBuddy
29-10-2008, 09:59 AM
oh that bullpoo!!!
i have 2 jobs
i work voluntarily
and believe me i bet my job is more important than you'rs

i help out with mentally disabled kids
on mondays and thursday for 2 seperate companies
what do you have... a paper round???
Actually I have two jobs, and every thursday I voluntarily train people to help them do the Duke of Edinburgh award.

Aflux
29-10-2008, 10:00 AM
This EMA obviously isn't helping you at school because your spelling and grammar is atrocious, HBK.

Heart Break Kid
29-10-2008, 10:00 AM
loool proof please

JackBuddy
29-10-2008, 10:02 AM
loool proof please
If you really want I will scan in my badges later, and get proof of my Duke of Edinburgh awards...

Heart Break Kid
29-10-2008, 10:03 AM
yes please :)

Aflux
29-10-2008, 10:05 AM
yes please :)
Then you can scan your mentally disabled kids as proof.

Heart Break Kid
29-10-2008, 10:05 AM
lol ill scan you in a minute ;)

Aflux
29-10-2008, 10:15 AM
lol ill scan you in a minute ;)
If I didn't hate you so much I'd find that funny.

Heart Break Kid
29-10-2008, 10:18 AM
If I didn't hate you so much I'd find that funny.

in otherwords you did find that funny but u darent say ;)

Aflux
29-10-2008, 10:21 AM
in otherwords you did find that funny but u darent say ;)
Yeah, I'm scared.

Heart Break Kid
29-10-2008, 10:25 AM
so am i.......

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!