PDA

View Full Version : Forum Updates (or lack thereof)

nvrspk4
10-11-2008, 07:24 AM
Hey guys

I'll be forward, the forum updates are, quite frankly, pitiful this week. That's a combination of me working for the election and then memorial services for my grandmother nearer the end. So I really haven't had the time to get anything worked up! And there hasn't been that much feedback on changes we should actually make. Well, there has been one so let me proclaim our sole susbtantial change for the week! *Trumpeted fanfare*

Jackass is now unfiltered! WOOOO

Funny story here, I hit submit and saw jackass filtered. I looked at my AdminCP and saw that I forgot to hit save on the filter page. :eusa_wall

Thanks to Biohazard (and all the subsequent posters) for the suggestion. We decided that colloquial usages for this word justified it being unfiltered.

Anyway, moving forward, might as well have something to look forward to! First of all, there is a new poll out: http://www.habboxforum.com/showthread.php?t=534588 about a possible new skin, namely the non-Habbo Light Skin. There is a caveat though, in that we have to delete another skin to make room! Reasons are outlined within the thread so read up (and vote if you didn't on the top of the forum!)

We made the votes public since this really doesn't matter that much, and if voters are influenced by the voting then it shows that the change really doesn't affect them that much. I don't think what I said makes sense but I know the reasons in my head...but a lot of strange things go on up there.

Looking forward, the post your setup thread may be making a return very shortly. Also, I have an extreeemely busy week coming up so my activity will be minimal (but as always I will reply to all PMs) and we don't have any changes really planned for the coming week. That being said of course if you have suggestions or improvements we'll take a look and maybe make em, like I said we had only the one this week else there would have been more to do!

But regardless of course Habbox doesn't stop functioning without me (not that I do that much anyway) and we do have a rather big non-forum change on the way which we are committing a lot of resources to and I'll be spending some of the time I have working on, so that will probably be the big release Sunday and the majority of forum changes will be user suggestions.

However there is a slight possibility of us releasing a nice new and unique addition to the forum, however it most likely won't be finished for Sunday and we want to present a really good finished product so you'll probably be waiting a little longer.

We're also working hard to get together a large community based event for the end of November so we're putting a lot of effort into that as well!

That's the lot, lots to look forward to!

nvr out

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!