PDA

View Full Version : i so aint passin ma test

Swearwolf
17-11-2008, 10:21 AM
its in 9 days :(
i can drive alright, i can reverse bay park fine, i can parallel park fine...

but my safety/awareness sucks :(

Blinger1
17-11-2008, 10:22 AM
Just look in the mirrors :)!

And don't stress yourself out, and if the guy has a really annoying accent, slap him from me.

Swearwolf
17-11-2008, 10:24 AM
i thought i was lookin in da mirrors when i was reversin but sumhow didnt see a bright blue taxi waitin lol ;( got another 1 hr at 2 today, hope i do better lol

Blinger1
17-11-2008, 10:28 AM
lol!! I haven't reversed anywhere but out of a carpark and my driveway yet.. And that is reverse parking up a hill :(

Swearwolf
17-11-2008, 12:59 PM
haha :P i just gotta make sure i look in mirrors and make sure i actually see whats round me :p

J0SH
17-11-2008, 01:53 PM
Lol, just make sure you don't get distracted really and concentrate on the wheel mirrors and nothing else :P Like if the instructor is talking to you don't look them in the eye cos that'll cause distractions, good luck.

Joe!
19-11-2008, 07:54 PM
omg im like george, my instructor is like "and what mirror did you check then?" then im like "er.. left?" i always forget blind spot as well :L
fine at actual driving though :)
got my 7th lesson tomorrow :p 110 quid ;(

Dan2nd
19-11-2008, 08:00 PM
The person who is testing you may start a conversation with you to help you relax but don't fall into the trap of totally losing concentration. Also keep in mind that they are looking for reasons to fail you not to pass you.

Jamie!
19-11-2008, 11:30 PM
Just make sure you look in your left mirror and then over your right shoulder every time you starting moving again... I hardly ever used my mirrors tbh, just over-exxagerated (sp?) it a couple of times and passed with 4 minors.

wolfsburg
20-11-2008, 12:14 AM
just relax.. it's tense yes but just remember everything you've learned.. don't be too cocky and try to be pleasant.

on my test after reverse round corner i forgot to put my mirror back but adjusted it as i was driving off and she 'didn't notice' :)

Calzeh
21-11-2008, 04:16 AM
I'm sure once you're in the actual exam you'll be ok; just imagine it's a normal lesson with your instructor.

It really is true that in the driving test, all that matters is that you drive to their standards, safely and efficiently. It's actually terrifying the first time you're alone in a car: no dual controls, nobody telling you what to do or warning you about a car you haven't spotted which is pulling out. If you can prove in the driving test that you can cope like that by yourself and be safe, you'll pass first time.

.Zi
23-11-2008, 06:36 PM
Just use the mirrors and be aware, dont be a speed devil, keep it slow. If the instructor starts a conversation then say "Sorry, can we not talk at the moment, im trying to concentrate and don't want to be put off." Hope that helped :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!