PDA

View Full Version : Geography Coursework- Help!

irJen
19-11-2008, 10:03 AM
I'm in the final draft stages of my A2 Geography cwk and stuck on adding greater detail to my theories.

Title of cwk is: Investigating changes in characteristics of the River *name and location removed* from source to mouth.

My hypothesese are:
Hypothesis 1 = as distance from source increases, cross sectional area increases.

Hypothesis 2 = as distance from source increases, the velocity remains constant.

Hypothesis 3 = as distance from source increases, bedload decreases in size and shape becomes more rounded.

I need detailed theory on each, i.e. the reasoning for cross sectional area to decrease as you get closer to the source, the reason velocity doesn't change much and the reason why bedload gets smaller and more rounded.

I've got basic theory, about half a page word processed on each but I'm running low on text books, google has failed me and I need more detail to access the higher bands.

Any A level Geographers/ Einstiens able to lend some brain power?

JackBuddy
19-11-2008, 03:42 PM
Um, I'm doing A2 geography but I'm so glad that I did the fieldwork coursework last year after reading what you have to do... it seems like such a horrible project.

I had to see what effect trampling has on grass areas near to busy footpaths... seems easy compared to yours.

I did rivers and coasts last year and I'm afraid to say that I can't answer any of your questions lol "/

What exam board are you with?

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!