Immenseman
25-11-2008, 07:05 PM
is so crap, don't pick it at a level

Hazza
25-11-2008, 07:16 PM
cant u drop annd change

Immenseman
25-11-2008, 07:22 PM
no point got an exam in january already done a few months work, i thought i'd stick it out see what i get but urgh it's awful. If I was to change the other pupils would be like 2 months in front of me.

JackBuddy
25-11-2008, 07:46 PM
Don't say I didn't warn you!!

Psychology... ba-hoooooorrrrinnngg.

Anyway if you can't decide which one to do do the lang & lit combined course. Btw you might not be able to choose it so late, there was a waiting list for some subjects when I first started college.

Even if there is alot of work involved, just do what subjects you enjoy and find most interesting.

Don't listen to the above, psychology isn't interesting.

Ditto.

I took it thinking it would be really interesting... how wrong was I!
My friends are in the same situation as me in sociology. I wouldn't call it a subject; it is just remembering LOADS of case studies and basically explaining them, which is the complete opposite to what I thought it'd be. 80% of people in my year at college got a D or below and in my class only 3/4 people are continuing with it next year.

Merged by MattGarner (Forum Super Moderator): Accidental double post.

Pyroka
25-11-2008, 07:48 PM
Don't say I didn't warn you!!

Lol Jack, thats cruel.

I wanna do Psychology, but I guess some people like it and some dont.
Shame it didnt work for yee Jake.

JackBuddy
25-11-2008, 07:50 PM
Lol Jack, thats cruel.

I wanna do Psychology, but I guess some people like it and some dont.
Shame it didnt work for yee Jake.
Ryan, this isn't just 'some' people. The subject is awful, only 3 people in my class continued with it to A2, and with my D I got the third best mark in the class!

you'll hate it""":eusa_wall

N!ck
25-11-2008, 08:46 PM
Mmy sixth form does alright with Psychology grades. I continued it to A2, but i'm so bored of it lol. Too much iseless crap and case studies to remember. Actually, the only reason i'm on here now is because I have a **** load of Psychology work that has to be in tomorrow which i'm trying to put off and delay doing.

Throne Sofa
25-11-2008, 11:26 PM
Psychology is great. :P

Gasm
26-11-2008, 01:26 AM
It's good but most people just expect it to be all Deren Brown shiz, mind reading, hypnosis and blah blah. So it's easy to get disappointed or bored of it. It's hard work really tho.

FlyingJesus
26-11-2008, 02:26 AM
I also warned people against psychology, but no-one listens :P I only know like 2 people who've enjoyed it really

Inseriousity.
26-11-2008, 09:50 AM
I enjoy it and I'm doing okay in it. Sociology is better but that's just because all you need is common sense... :D

JackBuddy
26-11-2008, 04:46 PM
oh btw if you have just started AS psychology then count yourself lucky... it's much easier now than when I did it and it was essays >_>

Immenseman
26-11-2008, 04:51 PM
yeah it's crap though i'm doing sociology too you have to remember so much it's ****e lol.

luce
26-11-2008, 05:28 PM
I want to do it. Becuase it would look good on the jobs i want to do. :) So yeah it's the most over subscribed at our 6th form

nnader
26-11-2008, 07:48 PM
i never did psychology but my sister fell in love with it, lol. she did it for AS and for A2 and got ninty something percent, but she was interestd in it, if ur not interested in an alevel, u will probs fail, u need to choose subjects ur intersted in

Virgin Mary
27-11-2008, 06:08 PM
it's an unrespected doss subject!!!! it tries to make simple questions look like maths by involving that freud who thinks babies **********....ew

FlyingJesus
27-11-2008, 06:12 PM
No-one professional really believes in most of Freud's theories any more anyway so it's a pointless subject

N!ck
27-11-2008, 06:15 PM
it's an unrespected doss subject!!!! it tries to make simple questions look like maths by involving that freud who thinks babies **********....ew

What's wrong with young children having sexual fantasies about their parents? :S

It is not a doss. The amount of useless information you have to remember takes it away from being a doss.

JackBuddy
27-11-2008, 10:25 PM
did you know that girls develop penis envy as young children!?

N!ck
27-11-2008, 10:28 PM
did you know that girls develop penis envy as young children!?

Yes, it cannot be falsified.

MJJ
27-11-2008, 10:39 PM
I'm thinking of taking it..
It sounds interesting.

Callum.
27-11-2008, 10:47 PM
i dunno whether to take it.

thinking of taking 4 and dropping one after first yr

TAYLOOOOR1
28-11-2008, 12:42 AM
I am interested in phycology. Many people always say how practical and good the subejct actually is.

I was speaking to Jess and she said she also enjoys (: x

But apparently it can be hard..

So im not to sure - im going to have to research about this subject i think!

It leads to many career paths and relate well to alot of jobs to do with charisma etc.

Tintinnabulate
28-11-2008, 01:18 AM
is so crap, don't pick it at a level

I 100% agree
well i dont

last year was ok
this year, one of my teacher is great. the 2nd one is crap
so i only like half my lessons which is with the good teacher

but wayyy too many essays
had one today in exam timed conditions
got one tomorrow
and have 3 essays to hand in next week.

JackBuddy
28-11-2008, 10:52 AM
I am interested in phycology. Many people always say how practical and good the subejct actually is.

I was speaking to Jess and she said she also enjoys (: x

But apparently it can be hard..

So im not to sure - im going to have to research about this subject i think!

It leads to many career paths and relate well to alot of jobs to do with charisma etc.
practical!? it is everything but that

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!