PDA

View Full Version : Going abroad for my college education, need suggestions!

Susane
13-12-2008, 05:13 AM
Hello all, I have almost completed my studies in India and want to go to US for college studies. This is really raising tensions on me. I have talked to some good resources and they have advised me about the admission process there. I need to know more on this and therefore any kind of help or information on colleges admission for US education would be very helpful. Please provide your suggestions.

Clowgon
15-12-2008, 10:54 PM
Hello all, I have almost completed my studies in India and want to go to US for college studies. This is really raising tensions on me. I have talked to some good resources and they have advised me about the admission process there. I need to know more on this and therefore any kind of help or information on colleges admission for US education would be very helpful. Please provide your suggestions.

I think your asking the wrong people. Sorry. :)

Cyndia
29-12-2008, 10:42 AM
Im from the US.. I can answer some basic questions for you about applications, and I'm at Cornell University right now, so if you were considering applying there I can definitely answer any questions about Cornell. (If you haven't considered it, you definitely should its a fantastic school!).

Also, if you want a really good aid, go to www.collegeconfidential.com and take a look on their forums (if you cant find the link, the forum address is : http://talk.collegeconfidential.com/ ). It's a pretty well known site and it gets a lot of traffic - it's completely filled with student going nuts over college admissions. I frequented it nonstop when I was going through applications and picking out a college.. They also have admissions counselors from varying schools that answer questions, as well as experienced parents or students that have gone through the process. If theres a bigger school that you had in mind (for example one of the Ivy league schools or just a highly ranked school in general) they have their own threads so you can get questions answered on everything from admissions to campus life questions from current students etc. It's my favorite forum other than habbox now, haha. You should definitely hurry and start looking into this as soon as possible - you said you've almost completed your studies, and if that means you're in your final year and are finishing up within the next 6 months it's going to rule out attending college as a first year in August (our school year runs from end of August to May) and applications deadlines are usually from end of december/january to february. It might not though - I dont know when the school year runs in India? Worst comes to worst you can start mid semester or the year after, but start looking into all this as soon as possible! Although, international applicants might have different deadlines, i'm not really sure. Just start looking asap. :) And relax, admissions are stressful but you'll find a college thats a good fit that will satisfy you and your family. I'm sri lankan and if my parents are anything like yours, i can definitely imagine the pressure they're putting you under! Good luck!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!