PDA

View Full Version : Year 11 Mock Exams

MeRkAgE
16-12-2008, 06:55 PM
I'm halfway through the mocks for year 11, but i keep hearing all these teachers saying that if you're not at the official exam, you will get the grade you achieved in the mock tests, is that true?
Because these mocks seem a waste of time to me, i haven't been trying my hardest.

Holofoil
16-12-2008, 06:58 PM
You get the grade which is predicted by your teachers.

Alkaz
16-12-2008, 07:01 PM
Maybe not :) -removed-

cocaine
16-12-2008, 07:02 PM
No, they take your mock exam grade along with your coursework, and if the board think its sufficient, the highest mark you can get is a C.

Although that's how it works with my school, not sure if it's the same in your school.

Hazza
16-12-2008, 07:11 PM
Only if you're really ill or something major, you'll need a doctors note etc.

Technologic
16-12-2008, 07:51 PM
Yes and no, they combine your predicted grade, coursework and your mock results

Jonster
16-12-2008, 11:11 PM
Lucky for some. Finished my mock exams a month or so ago. I could have done with them around this time though, would have meant I'd have had time to actually revise...

Immenseman
16-12-2008, 11:12 PM
Well our school didn't even do Mock Exams so I don't see how that works?!

colourpot
16-12-2008, 11:13 PM
I know. mocks are a waste of time.
I didnt go to my second maths mock 2 weeks ago
The following week i had to do it during my lessons.
I guess my school take it serious >.<

Imp!
16-12-2008, 11:13 PM
my friend's mum died so she got "special something" so she got like rli good marks. Her mum had terminal cancer

iMegz.
16-12-2008, 11:41 PM
You have to be really ill and have a doctors note or somethng in order to miss the real exams. However if you do miss the exams for a certain reason your teacher will probably have a meeting with the head of that department and look at the result you got in your mock and how you work in class etc. and then come to the conclusion of the final grade from there. I don't think it's all based on how well you do in the mocks so I wouldn't worry, mocks are more to decide whether you'll sit the higher or foundation paper in the Summer when you do your final exams. :)

Stefy
17-12-2008, 10:02 AM
"GCSE and A-level pupils in England are given 5% more if a parent dies close to exam day or 4% for a distant relative. They get 2% more if a pet dies or 1% if they get a headache. Critics say the system panders to an "excuse for everything" attitude."

lolz *kills fish and family*

MeRkAgE
17-12-2008, 04:16 PM
Only got tomorrow and then we've broke up :)
Final mocks tomoz are Ethics - Judaism & French - Higher Reading
Our teachers are safe though in some subjects, like english, they're very generous.

Charlottay!
18-12-2008, 11:04 PM
yea ive just finished my mocks which was properly the most borin two weeks of my life ever. my school let us have study leave but we couldnt go anywhere like tesco or just to the newsagent. if they causght us we wont get study leave in the summer. really suxs

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!