PDA

View Full Version : Failed my ICT

Minstrels
17-12-2008, 10:12 PM
Pissed off. Start of year 10 it was alright. We had a teacher who would go step by step telling us what to do. Yeah it was dull but I did it because their was nobody in the group I really liked, their was 10 people. Then he left for like... the rest of the year almost so we had no ICT teacher. So I'm like... right OK then.

We then get given a Technology teacher whose second subject is ICT. Disliked this guy like hell. He hated me, I hated him. He'd pick on me, if he saw I had my iPod on he'd take it same with my phone. If I had my gloves on, he'd shout. If I walked in with a jacket on he'd yell. So on. In the end it resulted in me being sent out every lesson and walking around school, doing **** all. He had a beard and theirs a rumour going around he's a peado. He acts weird, he always puts his hands on peoples backs when he speaks to them etc. He's just a *****.

Anyway the lessons I did just sit their and got on with it he told us all the other teacher ****** up and made us do it all wrong. So he made us start on Unit 20 and Unit 20 instead of DIDA.

Had him for year 10 and did **** all. Now I'm in Year 11 we started off with him but we've had loads of supply teachers.

Now we've had this one supply teacher who is a sort of permanent supply if you get me, he has a one year contract but can walk out at a term if he so wants.

He's sound as and I've got respect for him, he has respect for me. Since I've had him I completed more work than I did in the whole of Year 10 in two lessons. I've got a distinction in Unit 20 and 21, all I need now is a distinction in 1 and 2 for a GCSE.

The problem is he's decided to leave at Christmas because our school is so ****** up. It's GCSE pass rate is 27% or something ****. So yeah, I was going to be doing Unit 1 and 2 with him after January but he's told me he's decided to leave. This means that I'll have the bald and beared peado for the rest of the year, no chance of getting a GCSE.

Anyone been ****** up in a subject before due to the school/teachers? :eusa_wall:eusa_wall

Thread closed by scott (Forum Moderator) Due to bump.

Technologic
17-12-2008, 10:23 PM
I teach myself chemistry, my teacher in year 10 was ****. He gave us no notes, just shouted at us. He got fired cus he broke some kids leg (wth). Now my new year 11 teacher is even worse, she has no control and is patronising as ****.

So yeah, just teach yourself man

Geraint
17-12-2008, 10:24 PM
I teach myself chemistry, my teacher in year 10 was ****. He gave us no notes, just shouted at us. He got fired cus he broke some kids leg (wth). Now my new year 11 teacher is even worse, she has no control and is patronising as ****.

So yeah, just teach yourself man

my chemistry teacher is crap. we teach ourselves.

Abbie.
17-12-2008, 10:32 PM
my ict teacher taught me NOTHING for gcse, she made us make cliff richard power points all the time ;\

oh and this year, we failed our AS's because the new one was more interested in diet coke and iphones to help us lolol.

.:.:jjm261:.:.
17-12-2008, 11:01 PM
O complained about the fact that it wasn't being done step by step in year 11, i found it quite hard because the teacher was just letting us get on with it.

I asked him about it and he said that's what they do in Y11, Because if you go to 6th form or college they won't be doing it step-by-step and you'll get completely lost

Apparantly it's called independant working >;[

I hate it but Meh, life goes on

Casuals
17-12-2008, 11:16 PM
LOL,
Every1 calls are ict teacher a peado, hes got a beard aswell
" PEADOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO"

Soy
17-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Our ICT course Is rather pointless, I want to be getting into the complicated stuff instead of all these databases and spreadsheets.

Our GCSE pass rate is above 90% though

Ajthedragon
18-12-2008, 07:37 AM
Bad luck I expect.

J0SH
18-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Lol, unlucky the teacher told me I nearly had 6 units done which is 4 GCSE's ;)

Our teacher is pretty laid back, doesn't mind if we go on YouTube etc to get our brain going then do work, we usually do that the whole lesson then do the class after school, haha.

Wootzeh
18-12-2008, 04:17 PM
Our ICT course Is rather pointless, I want to be getting into the complicated stuff instead of all these databases and spreadsheets.

That what I had to do, I ended up just not doing it and failing :P Although spreadsheets are ok.

illegal
18-12-2008, 10:38 PM
If you can work with one teacher, but not another, then obviously it's something you are doing wrong, if you listen and pay attention and work hard, you will get there and if not, you can speak to your head of year or head teacher and asked to move to another class because your unable to work at your "full extent" with this teacher and explain why. Your reasons are shocking to be honest, you shouldn't be playing with your phone/iPod in school, you don't need a jacket on in school, wear the schools jumper/jacket, why do you need gloves on inside?

kuzkasate
26-12-2008, 06:49 PM
Unlucky, it does happen sometimes...

Axel
26-12-2008, 07:03 PM
'He would tell me off if I had my iPod out or phone'

Really?

Wig44.
27-12-2008, 04:58 PM
Most of my subjects I teach myself because if I relied on the teachers I'd fail all my GCSEs. They can't teach fullstop.

Minstrels
27-12-2008, 05:04 PM
Forgot about this. Yer he would try and take my iPod even if it wasn't on. I shall not bother replying fully to your post because I don't feel like making you look like a prat today.

Dan2nd
27-12-2008, 06:03 PM
My chemistry teacher seriously sucked... but to be honest it wasn't his fault he knew what he was doing and was really good in the subject but he just couldn't control the class. It wasn't just my class either every single class he taught was the same or so I heard from friends etc. I even stayed behind one lesson and told him that I wanted to do well and get a good grade but was concerned by the way classes are going every day... all he could say was that he'd give me extra home work to do it wasn't what I asked for but hey.. My mum even tried to complain to my tutor about it on parents evening but was told that they'd run out of complaint forms as they'd had so many complaints about that particular teacher :O ... I even went as far as speaking to the head of the department and he said it was up to me as a student to control my class mates.. well sorry but me one guy against the 10 chavs at the back of the class no thanks... After year 10 this particular teacher left due to obvious reasons....

Then came along our next teacher who was like 85 years old and looked like he should be connected up to oxygen or something.. well as you can imagine I was in the same class so things didn't go well it even went as far as the chavs flooding the class room during an experiment which we were supposed to be doing for coursework..

It wasn't until two weeks before our exams we finally got a teacher who could control the class and the chavs seemed to respect not that this helped alot since practically the whole two years had been wasted and a subject I was predicted a fairly good grade in I only managed to scrape an E in :@

Jackbee
27-12-2008, 07:54 PM

Same..

However, we've done around 4 units but we havn't really got into finishing them yet, I don't see how in hell we are going to finish 8 in June :l

TopManTim
29-12-2008, 02:32 AM
I'm going to start teaching myself psychology and statistics as the teachers are rubbish and I advise you do the same for ICT.

But I'm just saying; maybe he told you off because you broke rules? Like at our school we're not allowed coats gloves etc and it sounds the same at yours but you had them on so obv you would get told off?

Minstrels
06-08-2010, 03:53 PM
lollllll i actually got two A's. easiest gcse's everrrrrrrr

Edited by scott (Forum Moderator): Please do not bump threads were the last post was more than 14 days old, thanks.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!