PDA

View Full Version : Blackburn appoint Big Sam as boss.

Andys
18-12-2008, 05:08 PM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/blackburn_rovers/7787940.stm

Since it hasn't been posted yet.
Interested in Sunderland? I'm glad we didn't get him, this shows how loyall he is.
Hopefuly he does terrible at blackburn.

Wootzeh
18-12-2008, 05:11 PM
I hope he does too, starting this Saturday.

Funya Chin
18-12-2008, 05:26 PM
So you hope he does terrible because he chose a more prestigious club?

:$ the jealously radiating off your post is of an unbelievably high level.

Andys
18-12-2008, 05:32 PM
So you hope he does terrible because he chose a more prestigious club?

:$ the jealously radiating off your post is of an unbelievably high level.
He said he would love to work at Sunderland and that he's always been a big fan of us.
This is also after last time we offered him the job and he turned it down.

Browney
18-12-2008, 05:48 PM
We want Curbs anyway. Meh, Blackburn are gna start playing dirty, physical and hoofing the ball plenty. But they'll stay up.

Funya Chin
18-12-2008, 06:49 PM
He said he would love to work at Sunderland and that he's always been a big fan of us.
This is also after last time we offered him the job and he turned it down.
... because everything you hear in the media is true.

Even if he's quoted saying, he didn't say "Sunderland are the only team for me, I love Sunderland, I want to **** Sunderland up the arse because they're that damn good", he said he'd like the job because he was out of a job and wanted to get back into the business.

Loser
18-12-2008, 10:08 PM
Since it hasn't been posted yet.
Interested in Sunderland? I'm glad we didn't get him, this shows how loyall he is.
Hopefuly he does terrible at blackburn.

I think you've misunderstood him. He just wanted a job, not Sunderland in particular. Blackburn are a bigger and better club, so it has a better appeal.

Andys
18-12-2008, 10:22 PM
I think you've misunderstood him. He just wanted a job, not Sunderland in particular. Blackburn are a bigger and better club, so it has a better appeal.
Not exactly a bigger club.

Also, if he came here our new executive person is offering £80m in January to spend - which I don't think Blackburn will be offering him. So he could've actually built a better squad here. Oh well.

Funya Chin
18-12-2008, 11:35 PM
Blackburn are a bigger club in most ways and Keane spent a **** load in the summer so where you're getting these ridiculous 'facts' from I really don't know. All I know is that you're jealous and making a load of crap up and taking bullpiss from the media to try and justify yourself.

JackBuddy
19-12-2008, 11:53 AM

How many times have Sunderland won the premier league then? :P

Most of Blackburn's players minus Bentley were there last year. That squad got them into Europe and into the top half over the last few seasons. I do think Allardyce is a good manager, and the right man to give the players a good kick up the ass and get some results. All those moaning about his long ball tactics... he got Bolton into the premier league and Europe from nothing... it might not be good football but it got him results. (and a team which were hard to beat)

Loser
19-12-2008, 09:20 PM

Also, if he came here our new executive person is offering £80m in January to spend - which I don't think Blackburn will be offering him. So he could've actually built a better squad here. Oh well.

Sorry, I forgot. Sunderland are HUGE!

Geraint
19-12-2008, 09:41 PM
Oh, come on, Sunderland are a massive club. 40,000 fans in the prem, 15,000 in the championship.

Browney
19-12-2008, 09:49 PM
We drew in crowds bigger than Chelsea last season, and the money that Keane was given to spend shows Quinn has plans for this club and he is ambitious. If Blackburn dropped down now, most people are saying they're not sure if they could come back up due to the competition in Lancashire for fans and ticket sales. Money is tight at Blackburn. Blackburn has a squad ready made and ready to go (or ready for the Championship at this rate) whereas Sunderland have got a fairly new squad to work on and plenty of money. We have potential to improve massively, Blackburn kinda dont.

Loser
19-12-2008, 10:14 PM
Yeah, just forget the fact that you were in the Championship two years ago. :rolleyes:

Geraint
19-12-2008, 10:22 PM
Sunderland have a bigger stadium, therefore, they are the bigger club.

Browney
20-12-2008, 11:16 AM
I'm not forgetting we were in Championship, but until Man City's takeover, QPR were the richest club in England. The league kinda doesnt matter. If Man Utd went down, and kept all their fans (lets ignore the glory fans would bail), all their money AND players, does that mean Stoke would be a bigger or better club?And I never said we were bigger than Chelsea, I'm not getting ahead of myself here, I was just trying to show that we aren't as bad as everyone seems to think. Great support, plenty of cash, and a great chance to improve on last season. Blackburn got to 7th last season, thats about as good as theyre gna get.

Wootzeh
20-12-2008, 11:35 AM
I'm not forgetting we were in Championship, but until Man City's takeover, QPR were the richest club in England. The league kinda doesnt matter. If Man Utd went down, and kept all their fans (lets ignore the glory fans would bail), all their money AND players, does that mean Stoke would be a bigger or better club?And I never said we were bigger than Chelsea, I'm not getting ahead of myself here, I was just trying to show that we aren't as bad as everyone seems to think. Great support, plenty of cash, and a great chance to improve on last season. Blackburn got to 7th last season, thats about as good as theyre gna get.
stoke are already a better club than man u ;) *flame jacket on*

Andys
20-12-2008, 12:45 PM
Sorry, I forgot. Sunderland are HUGE!
I never said Sunderland were huge.
I just said they're bigger than Blackburn.
Stop trolling.

Funya Chin
21-12-2008, 06:50 PM
They're not bigger than Blackburn though... that's the point.

Andys
21-12-2008, 09:56 PM
They're not bigger than Blackburn though... that's the point.
We have a better squad.

Funya Chin
21-12-2008, 10:10 PM
Says who?

You spent £80m on crap. Blackburn spent £3.5m who turned out to be one of the best buys ever seen in the Premier League.

You're going back on yourself now, we have better this, we have better that. Your argument was that Sunderland were the bigger club - which they are not.

Browney
22-12-2008, 11:53 AM
Says who?

You spent £80m on crap. Blackburn spent £3.5m who turned out to be one of the best buys ever seen in the Premier League.

So if we spent 80 million quid on crap and we got a manager who knew how to use that money ie. Big Sam...

Malbranques been a good buy though.

Funya Chin
22-12-2008, 12:06 PM
Malbranque? Awesome. One player out of how many?

Browney
23-12-2008, 05:45 PM
Malbranque? Awesome. One player out of how many?

isn't that kinda what I just said? being we need a manager who can use the money properly, like big sam.

Geraint
23-12-2008, 05:57 PM
isn't that kinda what I just said? being we need a manager who can use the money properly, like big sam.

Managers like a starting block. You need more players and lots of things.

Blackburn have the foundations with Santa Cruz, Derbyshire etc.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!