PDA

View Full Version : Kw-Host // SHOUTcast Deals!!

awelsh
21-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Kw-Host has now got its SHOUTcast plans available to the public :)

We are currently offering both public servers and reseller plans!

So lets get to the plans!

All bandwidth is Unmeasured, Max bitrate for all plans is currently 224kbps, get this while it lasts as after the new year we will only be offering up to 128kbps.

Server Plans

Apple - 10 listener slots - 50p P/M - 2 P/Y
Mango - 50 listener slots - 1 P/M - 7 P/Y
Kiwi - 200 listener slots - 1.50 P/M - 8 P/Y
Lemon - 500 listener slots - 3.00 P/M - 10 P/Y

Custom plans are also available upon request, just open a support ticket [/URL]

Reseller Plans

All bandwidth is Unmeasured, Max bitrate for all plans is currently 128kbps excluding "Micro" which is 56kbps. Unlimited accounts can be created on all plans!

Micro - Max listeners 200(shared) - 50p P/M - 5 P/Y
Flame - Max listeners 1000(shared) - 1.00 P/M - 10 P/Y
Spark - Max listeners 1500(shared) - 2.00 P/M - 15 P/Y
Explosive - Max listeners 2500(shared) - 3.00 P/M - 20 P/Y
Chemical - Max listeners 5000(shared) - 5.00 P/M - 30 P/Y

To order please feel free to drop me a PM, or open a support ticket by clicking Here (http://www.kw-host.net/support)

These plans are not even available to the public yet! Exclusive to habboxforum users!

Any questions feel free to reply :)

Test Server is available, max bitrate set at 24kbps, heres the details:

Address: 87.98.254.45:9000
Password: kwhost
Max Listeners: 25
View: [url]http://87.98.254.45:9000/

IDontKnow
21-12-2008, 05:55 PM
So,

You have the service from Tech Hosts, great, but then there's the math to do ;

Tech Hosts Server Uplink : 100mbps
100mbps divide by upto 16 VPS clients = less than 10mbps to each VPS.

500 x 224kbps = 112mbps if streamed 24/7

Which is also going to be well over 1000GB maybe even close to 2000GB bandwidth per month!

At 3.00 per month, there is NO way that this is sustainable without overselling.

awelsh
21-12-2008, 06:03 PM
So,

You have the service from Tech Hosts, great, but then there's the math to do ;

Tech Hosts Server Uplink : 100mbps
100mbps divide by upto 16 VPS clients = less than 10mbps to each VPS.

500 x 224kbps = 112mbps if streamed 24/7

Which is also going to be well over 1000GB maybe even close to 2000GB bandwidth per month!

At 3.00 per month, there is NO way that this is sustainable without overselling.

I currently have 400GB B/W allowance, I will indeed be keeping tabs on the bandwidth useage as I do with kw-host cpanel clients. If it does go close to the limit I will bring another VPS to share the workload. It is indeed very sustainable, I am happy as normal to find this through my own pocket, my goal is to simply break even :)

I am also doubting many clients will go close to the 500listener mark, however if this does happen I will have to change the bitrate of the plans to even everything out.

IDontKnow
21-12-2008, 06:04 PM
I currently have 400GB B/W allowance, I will indeed be keeping tabs on the bandwidth useage as I do with kw-host cpanel clients. If it does go close to the limit I will bring another VPS to share the workload. It is indeed very sustainable, I am happy as normal to find this through my own pocket, my goal is to simply break even :)

I am also doubting many clients will go close to the 500listener mark, however if this does happen I will have to change the bitrate of the plans to even everything out.

But it's overselling. 400GB Bandwidth will not get you very far with SHOUTcast what so ever, nor with roughly 7mbps to your VPS.

MasterFM
21-12-2008, 06:05 PM
Big failiure.
For a fact, if you ever get even 7MBPs - you'll be lucky.

awelsh
21-12-2008, 06:10 PM
But it's overselling. 400GB Bandwidth will not get you very far with SHOUTcast what so ever, nor with roughly 7mbps to your VPS.

I am looking into the bandwidth matter, as stated if it goes close I will upgrade the VPS to cope. Currently it will be fine though as I never have a huge client base with kw-host anyway :)

Big failiure.
For a fact, if you ever get even 7MBPs - you'll be lucky.

Care to give any more information than that? If anyone was to get 7MBPs they would indeed be lucky as I only offer 224KBPS.

IDontKnow
21-12-2008, 06:13 PM
I am looking into the bandwidth matter, as stated if it goes close I will upgrade the VPS to cope. Currently it will be fine though as I never have a huge client base with kw-host anyway :)

Care to give any more information than that? If anyone was to get 7MBPs they would indeed be lucky as I only offer 224KBPS.

YOUR VPS comes with roughly 7mbps. As Guy is hoping to squeeze 16VPS onto a 100mbps port, you get roughly 7mbps to your server. So at 224kbps you would just get 31 slots going 24/7

MasterFM
21-12-2008, 06:13 PM
You clearly do not understand.
Right, it takes RAM + bandwidth up every time someone connects, and since the servers connection sux, it will be fail buffer.
More radios + 7mbps uplink = failbuffer.

dkhosting.co.uk
21-12-2008, 06:14 PM
Jasons calculations are actually way off and according to a steaming bandwidth calculator for 500 listeners at 224kbps which would work out at 36288 GB which seems a much more realistic figure. And as mentioned that before, only a VPS with shared network, you would not be able to stream without buffering at all.

IDontKnow
21-12-2008, 06:15 PM
Jasons calculations are actually way off and according to a steaming bandwidth calculator for 500 listeners at 224kbps which would work out at 36288 GB which seems a much more realistic figure. And as mentioned that before, only a VPS with shared network, you would not be able to stream without buffering at all.

I wasn't too sure how to calculate the bandwidth for SHOUTcast usage, and I can safely say that is WAY in excess of 400GB :D

blanky12!
21-12-2008, 06:17 PM
I wasn't too sure how to calculate the bandwidth for SHOUTcast usage, and I can safely say that is WAY in excess of 400GB :D

lol, you safely say? don't you mean, it will :P

awelsh
21-12-2008, 06:17 PM
YOUR VPS comes with roughly 7mbps. As Guy is hoping to squeeze 16VPS onto a 100mbps port, you get roughly 7mbps to your server. So at 224kbps you would just get 31 slots going 24/7

Ok, I will look into the bitrate then. I will have to lower it.

You clearly do not understand.
Right, it takes RAM + bandwidth up every time someone connects, and since the servers connection sux, it will be fail buffer.
More radios + 7mbps uplink = failbuffer.

I do know it takes RAM and B/W for SHOUTcast. I have sold these previously on an even smaller connection and they all worked fine. As stated I do not have a big user base and proberly never will. I am going to look into the bitrate though and will lower it.

Ok, thanks for working that out for me, changes will be made.

MasterFM
21-12-2008, 06:20 PM
I do know it takes RAM and B/W for SHOUTcast. I have sold these previously on an even smaller connection and they all worked fine. As stated I do not have a big user base and proberly never will. I am going to look into the bitrate though and will lower it.

In the business, they call that overselling.

awelsh
21-12-2008, 06:24 PM
In the business, they call that overselling.

I know, I did indeed use to oversell in '06 as I could afford to do it. I will be changing the plans though as I know how much of a mess it turned out to be last time when it got out of control.

kurtis5561
22-12-2008, 12:09 PM
Id listen to Jason on the overselling he knows about it.

Actually who would want a 224kb Stream?

awelsh
22-12-2008, 04:59 PM
I have changed all the plans now, the highest bitrate is 96kbps. Im trialing afew servers now. The highest bitrate for resellers is 128kbps, again I will be looking at them to see if this needs to be altered :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!