PDA

View Full Version : Gifted and Talented :l

Naruto!
22-12-2008, 12:23 PM
Right, my mum phones me up tells me i have a letter saying I'm gifted and talented in maths, english, science french and D.T
Ok, I hardly even try in class.. But yeah I understand the core subjects, but I'm not aloud into D.T classes as I played up too much :S
What the hell..
I'm in year 9 by the way, but yeah they said I'll get more challenging homework etc, so yeah I lose.

Minstrels
22-12-2008, 12:41 PM
At my school gifted and talented is for ******... :eusa_doh:

Immenseman
22-12-2008, 12:57 PM
It's beyond me how I'm not gifted and talented.

BowTies1
23-12-2008, 02:20 PM
yeah in my skl gifted and talented is normally another way of saying mental challenged :P

Alkaz
23-12-2008, 02:22 PM
At old secondary school G+T was for top performers in class. Normally went thorpe park and places.

j0rd
23-12-2008, 02:24 PM
I have never had 1 of them?
Im in yr 10, and never had a gifted and talented letter home?

Geraint
23-12-2008, 02:30 PM
I'm in it in my school and they ran after-school activities for the brainy ones but no-one could be bothered to go so they stopped it.

Stefy
23-12-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm a mathlete

Naruto!
23-12-2008, 03:42 PM
Nah, it's defo not for the ******ed as theres a seperate group for that + I'm in top set :P But jesus, I cbb with more challenging homework :@

clarissa !!
23-12-2008, 03:47 PM
maybe you can get away with not doing anything still be gifted and talented, WELL DONE

Kardan
23-12-2008, 03:53 PM
My school just had a day of activites for G+T. Year 7 involved throwing tennis balls around. Year 8 involved going to the National Space Center, and Year 9 was making a newspaper. You were in G+T if you came in the top 30 of some test you had to do in the school.

Year 10 onwards just offered you a place in that Maths Challenge thingy.

Captain
24-12-2008, 01:30 PM
In secondary school, all the tards got to be 'Gifted and Talented'.

Congratulations.

Jin
24-12-2008, 02:05 PM
Right, my mum phones me up tells me i have a letter saying I'm gifted and talented in maths, english, science french and D.T
Ok, I hardly even try in class.. But yeah I understand the core subjects, but I'm not aloud into D.T classes as I played up too much :S
What the hell..
I'm in year 9 by the way, but yeah they said I'll get more challenging homework etc, so yeah I lose.

Sucks to be you man! I was a G&T and the benefits of it was extra schools trips like to thorpe park. Once in a while we went to another school and did like a group session quiz but thats as far as educational we went.

Also is it some sort of rule that G&T programs have to have a token naughty lazy person?

I have, hand on heart, never done a single piece of homework when i was in school, only coursework. I spent most my school life banned from our computers because I kept finding exploits in the system. (Stupid RM) and if I wasn't in detention I would either be in a watching a fight, starting a fight or smoking somewhere.

I mean yeah my results were always good but surely the school would rather pick the model students. Of which there were others who didn't get into the program.

At old secondary school G+T was for top performers in class. Normally went thorpe park and places.

Yeah as I said that was the same for me.

Ordinate
24-12-2008, 07:18 PM
u get asked to join if ur in the top 5% of the UK.

First they were called NAGTY (national academy for gifted and talented youth).
I was a member of that.

Later, they changed to YGT (young gifted and talented), and if u were part on NAGTY, u where invited to both, so technically ur part of 2.

it just looks good on ur UCAS statement and will impress ur uni.

Ordinate
24-12-2008, 09:24 PM
yh, i part of them too :P

kuzkasate
26-12-2008, 05:51 PM
ROFL In my old school there were like loads of little kids wanting to be in the show and they were like... LAME

Wig44.
27-12-2008, 05:03 PM
We had gifted and talented at our school. Get the letter years ago in yr7 or 8 (honestly can't remember) and trust me any stupid ******* can get on it, and a lot of schools dont even do it because it sucks. You get access to a website with help topics and I never got the passwords lol so it just sounds like the schools are trying to make everyone think they are working their little asses off when really they aren't doing anything..

CrazyColaist
28-12-2008, 03:34 AM
i hate the gifted and talented. it makes people feel like crap. at everything and not good at anything

Nemo
28-12-2008, 03:38 AM
What the hell..
im in it too, theres some workshops and stuff, but thats it

i dont get any extra challenging hw lul.

Trinity
28-12-2008, 03:48 AM
u get asked to join if ur in the top 5% of the UK.

First they were called NAGTY (national academy for gifted and talented youth).
I was a member of that.

Later, they changed to YGT (young gifted and talented), and if u were part on NAGTY, u where invited to both, so technically ur part of 2.

it just looks good on ur UCAS statement and will impress ur uni.

Aww I remember NAGTY, went on a lovely trip to Manchester with them.

Oh and @Jin, I was like you, never doing homework and stuff, but I was an absolute genius so they had no choice ;)

NAGTY was for like, the top 5%, but does anyone remember what they called us geeks that were in the top 1%? That made me feel much more nerdy than NAGTY :)

Nli.
28-12-2008, 11:46 AM
Most of the Gifted and Talented students at my school are pathetic *******s.

Tintinnabulate
28-12-2008, 01:15 PM
In my school they used to give G+T to people who didnt do too well to try and motivate them.

luce
28-12-2008, 01:34 PM
My school is coz it's a grammar school so it would be worrying if it wasn't :)

Melsia
28-12-2008, 05:01 PM
I was asked to do gifted and telented stuff in year 9... my parents forced me to do it, but I just ended up not turning up to the 'activities' it was really boring and sad...

Kardan
28-12-2008, 05:04 PM
I was asked to do gifted and telented stuff in year 9... my parents forced me to do it, but I just ended up not turning up to the 'activities' it was really boring and sad...

How do you know if it was boring and sad if you didn't turn up?

Dan2nd
28-12-2008, 05:37 PM
If this G & T thing is for people performing well and they get to go on trips and things I think its a nice change to be honest since in my school all the kids who couldn't behave always got given trips to thorpe park if they promised to behave for a period of time.. so yeah if it is for high peforming students I think its good

Jord
28-12-2008, 05:55 PM
At my school gifted and talented is for ******... :eusa_doh:

yeah in my skl gifted and talented is normally another way of saying mental challenged :P

Same LOL

TopManTim
29-12-2008, 02:23 AM
I'm in it at my school and believe me; you wanna get out of it boy!

Are you in NAGTY which is like national or is this just a school project?

For NAGTY it's like weekends where you go to universities and have basically extra school ;L;L;L My parents have been trying to get me to go to one for like a year.

btw, I'm not talking 'mentally challenged' g+t I'm talking the clever g+t

alotest
03-01-2009, 07:18 AM
If your work that you *have done* has reached above standard a few times then they will make you gifted and talented,

for me though, i used to work hard and now im lazy im still in it, trips are also fun.

Melsia
03-01-2009, 09:37 PM
How do you know if it was boring and sad if you didn't turn up?
Im gifted and talented, I can guess these things ;]

Kardan
04-01-2009, 01:21 AM
I'm in it at my school and believe me; you wanna get out of it boy!

Are you in NAGTY which is like national or is this just a school project?

For NAGTY it's like weekends where you go to universities and have basically extra school ;L;L;L My parents have been trying to get me to go to one for like a year.

btw, I'm not talking 'mentally challenged' g+t I'm talking the clever g+t

I'm in NAGTY :)

Holofoil
05-01-2009, 09:38 AM
It's a weird scheme they do for some schools, pretty much everyone in my year got it cuz it's a grammar school, except for me hah. But I still don't know what the hell it's for.

clueless
08-01-2009, 07:58 PM
im in NAGTY well YGT now or whatever
ive never done anything with it all though i am just saving it for the old CV

jackass
08-01-2009, 08:00 PM
I have never had 1 of them?
Im in yr 10, and never had a gifted and talented letter home?

Maybe because you're not gifted and talented?

Fighters
08-01-2009, 08:40 PM
imo being gifted and talented will help you in the long run - especially if you want to live comfortably without the headache.

Naruto!
08-01-2009, 09:36 PM
Maybe because you're not gifted and talented?
I lol'd
I missed a meeting earlier 0.o nobody told me about it!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!