PDA

View Full Version : Smartwavetech - Any one hosted with them

Tim.
26-12-2008, 02:44 PM
heya im just wondering if any one can tell me anything about their uptime etc..

Pyroka
26-12-2008, 02:48 PM
When I was with them, their uptime was terrible. They were transferring servers though, and all the pricing got muddled and they started billing me for stuff I never even ordered. My personal opinion is don't go with them, they used to be alright (their previous name was HugotonHosting), but I think it's gone downhill with them.

IDontKnow
26-12-2008, 03:04 PM
When I was with them, their uptime was terrible. They were transferring servers though, and all the pricing got muddled and they started billing me for stuff I never even ordered. My personal opinion is don't go with them, they used to be alright (their previous name was HugotonHosting), but I think it's gone downhill with them.

I can for sure remember these guys, since they sold up a while back, I've heard more negative than positive comments.

dkhosting.co.uk
26-12-2008, 03:44 PM
I haven't herd great things about this company either, there was some argument between the management at one point and affected the company greatly.

awelsh
26-12-2008, 10:03 PM
It has got better now, I have kw-host hosted there. The new management took over a few months ago and since then its been great. They have upgraded their servers, have faster repsonse times and have had 100% uptime :)

Great company to be with now :) they did go through a rough patch before though.

mb-group.net
27-12-2008, 01:40 PM
I used them on a personal web site about a month ago, as I like to keep my personal and business web sites separate, they were awful, they went down, you contacted support and they still bill me for things that I closed about a month ago!

I wasn't pleased with them but be sure to make sure that you can get your money back if you have any problems if you wish to use them.

-- Matthew

awelsh
27-12-2008, 03:02 PM
I used them on a personal web site about a month ago, as I like to keep my personal and business web sites separate, they were awful, they went down, you contacted support and they still bill me for things that I closed about a month ago!

I wasn't pleased with them but be sure to make sure that you can get your money back if you have any problems if you wish to use them.

-- Matthew

I haven't had any trouble with them at all. Uptime has been 100% for me, what server were you on with them? I know for a fact "gamma" has been running fine for months. The only problem they had was the firewall being to high and occasionally it would block your IP out, all you had to do to fix that is restart your router.

Tim.
27-12-2008, 03:25 PM
Yeah i heard theyre getting back up there again, mabey it was just a little exagerated as competition.

IDontKnow
27-12-2008, 03:38 PM
Yeah i heard theyre getting back up there again, mabey it was just a little exagerated as competition.

I have heard issues with a few of their servers recently. They can be good, but if you end up on a dodgy server...

awelsh
27-12-2008, 03:42 PM

Yeah they are :) they went through the rough patch when the new owners took over, problems with getting everything combined.

I have heard issues with a few of their servers recently. They can be good, but if you end up on a dodgy server...

Yeah, some are dodgy but they are fixing the problems :) one thing thats really really annoying is the mail, on the reseller server it always seems to time out and go down -.-

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!