PDA

View Full Version : Aston Villa 2-2 Arsenal

Malachy
26-12-2008, 07:22 PM
Suprised nobody has made a thread on it.
Arsenal took the lead 5 minutes before half-time through Denilson, however they didn't it any way deserve the lead as Villa had been the better side by a mile in the first half. 4 minutes into the second half Arsenal extended their lead with Diaby as he chipped the ball over Friedel's head rather easily. Villa got back in it with a penalty in the 65th minute that was scored by Barry after Agbonlahor was taken down by Gallas. Villa salvaged a point in injury time after a goal mouth scramble lead to the ball falling at the feet of big defender Zat Knight who slotted a left foot shot past Almunia. Big blow for Arsenal.
Your thoughts on the game?

Brody
26-12-2008, 07:23 PM
Depressing just Depressing. Arsenal once again cant maintain a lead.

Pyroka
26-12-2008, 07:32 PM
Pretty... impressed, but mixed feelings. I wanted Aston to lose, but also had intentions for Arsenal to lose a point or two. I think it was a good result, and Everton have a chance of dominating on Arsenals mistake. If they make the same mistake again, I think 5th place could be in our sights! =D

The Undertaker
26-12-2008, 08:12 PM
I knew it would happen. I said when 4minutes extra time went up that Villa would equalise :/ Wenger needs to start spending in January.

luce
26-12-2008, 08:24 PM
Didn't see it but i watched the goals being a west midlands lass myself it's nice to see them doing so well :D

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!