PDA

View Full Version : Skiing

cocaine
07-01-2009, 07:30 PM
How easy is it?

I'm going in February, with my school, to Bulgaria. It's weird because we have to take a connecting flight instead of a direct one to Sofia :S

We're flying Alitalia (god knows why) from Heathrow to Rome, and then Rome on to Sofia. Weirddd :S.

Yoshimitsui
07-01-2009, 08:37 PM
Skiing is pretty easy to master once you get the hang of it and depending if you like the idea of it. It is however great fun once you know how to ski properly and learning you will have a good laugh.

If you where interested in giving yourself a head start you could try getting a lesson at a place like Xscape (depending on where you live etc..) that way you know what to expect.

The flights are most likely with that airline and that way becuase they are the cheapest prices, keeping the costs low as possible for you to go.

When i went with schooll we spent 28 hours on a coach!

Dan2nd
07-01-2009, 08:51 PM
I really want to go skiing but my mum and dad are the 'sit in the sun next to the pool' types :P

I had to take a connecting flight London -> Miami -> Turks in caicos (Island in the Caribbean) I guess you're in a school group so it won't be so bad but when we had to dash from one plane to the other the security people didn't let us through the 'connecting flights' arrivals area.. in the USA you have to go through a metal detector when you arrive which meant massive queues so we would have missed our flight if we hadn't found someone from our airline who made everyone let us through :P

LoveToStack
07-01-2009, 08:56 PM
I really want to go skiing but my mum and dad are the 'sit in the sun next to the pool' types :P

Same. School's the only chance to get away on an enjoyable holiday.

efq
07-01-2009, 09:47 PM
I'm going in April to Austria, Coach to Dover, Boat across then Coach for 1 day :(

07-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Snowboard, its funner

leah
08-01-2009, 07:36 AM
I've never been but it's one of the holidays that I really want to go on

Adam!
08-01-2009, 09:31 AM
How easy is it?

I'm going in February, with my school, to Bulgaria. It's weird because we have to take a connecting flight instead of a direct one to Sofia :S

We're flying Alitalia (god knows why) from Heathrow to Rome, and then Rome on to Sofia. Weirddd :S.
Cheaper to go that way than direct :)

cocaine
08-01-2009, 09:43 AM
well no lol the co ordinator said that there was no direct flight to Sofia...

J0SH
08-01-2009, 09:53 AM
I've never ever been skiing, I'd love to go though :P Imagine the adrenaline going down a long hill really fast, hehe.

le harry
08-01-2009, 10:16 AM
Skiing is easier to pick up then snowboarding and you can actually have fun with it straight away where as snowboarding takes a bit longer to get use to. Personally I find Snowboarding so much better when you know how to but it all depends on how fast you pick things up. :)

Adam!
08-01-2009, 11:04 AM
well no lol the co ordinator said that there was no direct flight to Sofia...

I'm sure there will be from one airport in the UK.

cocaine
08-01-2009, 11:19 AM
I'm sure there will be from one airport in the UK.

well there isnt :)

efq
08-01-2009, 03:53 PM
Btw is it actually cold when Skiing? Yes I know it's literally is cold but with all the clothing can you really get cold that you shiver or does the Ski wear keep you warm.

Yoshimitsui
08-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Btw is it actually cold when Skiing? Yes I know it's literally is cold but with all the clothing can you really get cold that you shiver or does the Ski wear keep you warm.

Depends where you go, but where i have been in Andorra it is actually quite warm, you can sit in your shirts during the day on some parts of the mountain.

Snowboard, its funner

Only if you enjoy being sat on your behind all day!

efq
08-01-2009, 04:15 PM
Well, I don't think this is right but I checked the current weather at the place we are staying and it says...

Max Temp -10 °C Min Temp -34 °C Wind Chill -43 °C

Adam!
08-01-2009, 04:25 PM
well there isnt :)

Note I said an airport in the UK.

Callsign POT2286 Operator Polet Equipment H/A124/Q Aircraft Not available Departing EGPK
Prestwick, UK Destination LBSF
Sofia, BU Dep. time 1940Z ETA 2301Z FL/ALT F310 TAS/Mach N0433 Route TLA UL602 OTR UL90 DOLAS UL603 BASNO UL620 BIRKA UZ21 OMELO UL620 RILAS UN127 TITEK UN127 OSTOV UT72 BESLI T72 GOL/0349

:) I rest my case.

efq
08-01-2009, 04:29 PM

Lol i was going to say in his message, are you sure you checked all the airports not just that one you was in :P Thought I'd leave it to the Flight Dudes :P

cocaine
08-01-2009, 07:07 PM

yes but its not as if we can travel up to ******* scotland is it :S have some sense?

and what all that **** you posted? what the hell is POT?

Edited by Wayne (Forum Super Moderator) Please don't be rude.

jackass
08-01-2009, 07:16 PM
Snowboard, its funner

No it's not. :S

Skiing is easier to pick up then snowboarding and you can actually have fun with it straight away where as snowboarding takes a bit longer to get use to. Personally I find Snowboarding so much better when you know how to but it all depends on how fast you pick things up. :)

I find it the opposite really. :P

Depends really. I normally ski with a lot of layers on and I normally end up taking some of them off, because skiing does get you hot and tired after a while. :)

Adam!
08-01-2009, 08:03 PM
yes but its not as if we can travel up to ******* scotland is it :S have some sense?

and what all that **** you posted? what the hell is POT?

Well, you could :S - Stop being rude bruv.

An airline.

Mitch4?
08-01-2009, 11:55 PM
im going austria in february with school.
988.5 mile coach journey
estimated time day and 9 hours.
YAYAY :(
x

le harry
10-01-2009, 01:32 AM
Only if you enjoy being sat on your behind all day!

Well obviously that's only if you don't know how to snowboard :S

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!