PDA

View Full Version : Portsmouth vs Manchester City - 100% on

Minstrels
09-01-2009, 04:59 PM
Before the match there was a slight uncertainty whether or not the match would take place ( http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/index.php?cms_ref=news&qs_article_id=2008 ) however I've just been watching Sky Sports News and the Pompey chairman said the game will now be taking place.

Cheap *******s should have under soil heating, why do Portsmouth get one rule and everyone else in the Premiership (except the newly promoted teams who must have it installed by the second season).

Surely this should now result in some sort of penalty for not abiding by the FA's rules?

Immenseman
09-01-2009, 05:00 PM
aren't pompey getting a new ground soon though or did i dream that

Minstrels
09-01-2009, 05:01 PM
aren't pompey getting a new ground soon though or did i dream that
They should still have it installed, it doesn't matter if they're getting a new ground or not. And I doubt they'll be able to afford one now.

Mexel
09-01-2009, 06:41 PM
Before the match there was a slight uncertainty whether or not the match would take place ( http://www.portsmouthfc.co.uk/index.php?cms_ref=news&qs_article_id=2008 ) however I've just been watching Sky Sports News and the Pompey chairman said the game will now be taking place.

Cheap *******s should have under soil heating, why do Portsmouth get one rule and everyone else in the Premiership (except the newly promoted teams who must have it installed by the second season).

Surely this should now result in some sort of penalty for not abiding by the FA's rules?

Sure about that as we did not have it and we were in the prem for 4 seasons in a row and were not getting it till this summer. I dont think Fulham have it either?

Immenseman
09-01-2009, 06:43 PM
What I meant Matty is maybe they're putting it off until they get a new ground. I don't know when that rule was implemented, they might not want to spend quite a bit getting it installed when they're moving grounds relatively soon anyway. If they are moving unless like I said it's just my imagination.

Jack.Lfc
09-01-2009, 06:56 PM
I'm suprised manchester united have got under ground heating, if they didnt they'd get away with it like everything else btw this is a fact

Mexel
09-01-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm suprised manchester united have got under ground heating, if they didnt they'd get away with it like everything else btw this is a fact
Good point Rafa!

Loser
09-01-2009, 10:07 PM
Fun fact #1: Birmingham don't have under-soil heating, but are installing it at the end of this season.

Andeeh
09-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Yea pompey gettin new ground app but credit crunch delaying it.

Carlitos
10-01-2009, 11:33 AM
It's like Benzema gate all over again

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7808357.stm

Minstrels
10-01-2009, 11:37 AM
Pompey are a JOKE. It's the ******* premiership, we can't have games called off for ice. Even Newcastle don't call games off for ******* ice. Joke of a club.

Skajo
10-01-2009, 11:41 AM
The rule is that the club has to have SUFFICIENT procedures in place to combat events like this and the air-blowers are SUFFICIENT but can't stop temperatures of -7.

Minstrels
10-01-2009, 11:45 AM
The rule is that the club has to have SUFFICIENT procedures in place to combat events like this and the air-blowers are SUFFICIENT but can't stop temperatures of -7.
Then who gives a ****. At the end of the day City need these points before the end of January to attract new players. Jokes.

Skajo
10-01-2009, 12:10 PM
You're sounding like Alex Ferguson - you shouldn't be in the position you are in then you wouldn't be complaining. It makes no difference the the club when a fixture is played because the players should be up for it 100% whenever it's played. They get paid enough to do so.

No complaints, it's off.

Minstrels
10-01-2009, 12:14 PM
You're sounding like Alex Ferguson - you shouldn't be in the position you are in then you wouldn't be complaining. It makes no difference the the club when a fixture is played because the players should be up for it 100% whenever it's played. They get paid enough to do so.

No complaints, it's off.
What has the players being up for it got to do with a game being called off? For your information we've been unlucky this season. Petrov out, Bojinov out, Johnson out etc.

They've been in the premiership for almost five years, they spend millions on players and paid a shed load of agents with brown envelopes when droopy was in charge. They should have under soil heating. Hope the FA do embark on the inquiry.

Skajo
10-01-2009, 12:27 PM
Well it appears you know nothing about economics and in particular, economics within football.

Research on what you're saying - it's not as easy as just installing it for the sake of installing it.

Minstrels
10-01-2009, 12:32 PM
Well it appears you know nothing about economics and in particular, economics within football.

Research on what you're saying - it's not as easy as just installing it for the sake of installing it.
Umm... yes it is? Why splash the cash on Nugent and Kanu? Add the transfer fees and the wages then they've got under soil heating. Near enough six seasons in the Premiership without it, disgrace.
Should of brought under soil heating instead of Defoe, would of lasted longer.

Skajo
10-01-2009, 12:36 PM
300k to install, 150k p/a to keep it running and 3k per match.

Over 4 years, work it out.

I bet that's the first game that's been called off at Fratton Park for a number of years so the £1m installation of the under-soil heating would've been for this one game.

It's called logic and finance - it's not worth it for a couple of games per season. The more financially superior clubs (Manchester United, Arsenal etc) have under-soil heating because they can afford it and it will probably save them money (considering Arsenal make excess of £3m per match).

Malachy
10-01-2009, 02:24 PM
Portsmouth P-P Manchester City

100% on.. hmm I think Mr.Chairman just got owned.
EDIT: It's probably already been discussed and argued, so please don't shout at me.

Immenseman
10-01-2009, 02:41 PM
fulham postponed also.

:G.M.T:
10-01-2009, 03:14 PM
Don't see anyone from the Fulham game moaning neither.

Minstrels
10-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Don't see anyone from the Fulham game moaning neither.
Because this forum contains a grand total of... no Fulham or Blackburn fans. Maybe if you posted in the sports section regularly, and not to try and fuel an argument you would know that.

Let's put this into perspective. Grays Athletic have under soil heating, it's not that expensive to get it fitted and it's only 3k per match. :rolleyes:

CJW93
10-01-2009, 03:26 PM
We have under soil heating.

And we can hardly stay in the Blue Square Premier :P

10-01-2009, 04:14 PM
Because this forum contains a grand total of... no Fulham or Blackburn fans. Maybe if you posted in the sports section regularly, and not to try and fuel an argument you would know that.

Let's put this into perspective. Grays Athletic have under soil heating, it's not that expensive to get it fitted and it's only 3k per match. :rolleyes:

Lol, it's not all about posting. I come on this forum quite regularly and the only forums I check are the Sports section and the Online Gaming forum.
I don't post regularly because of the likes of you. You are 100% biast towards Manchester City and you will never admit when you are wrong.
I wasn't trying to fuel an arguement I was stating a fact which was true, unlike most of the posts you post which do actually start an arguement.

And like someone has already started why should a club have to fund over 300,000 a year just for a facility they are likely to use once every season if that.

Minstrels
10-01-2009, 04:31 PM
Lol, it's not all about posting. I come on this forum quite regularly and the only forums I check are the Sports section and the Online Gaming forum.
I don't post regularly because of the likes of you. You are 100% biast towards Manchester City and you will never admit when you are wrong.
I wasn't trying to fuel an arguement I was stating a fact which was true, unlike most of the posts you post which do actually start an arguement.

And like someone has already started why should a club have to fund over 300,000 a year just for a facility they are likely to use once every season if that.
Then you should know that this forum contains no Fulham or Blackburn fans who post in the sports section, this makes you're post a void - not a fact.

I am not biast to Manchester City, if you came on after games when we've lost and the other team deserved the win you would read my comments complimenting the opposing side.

You were trying to fuel an arguement "Don't see anyone from the Fulham game moaning neither" is stating that I should quit moaning because no Fulham fans are complaining on this forum, this is not a fact considering this board contains a grand total of 0 Fulham fans, as stated above.

They should fork out the dosh. If we want to call the Premierleague the best league in the world we need to get rid of clubs like Portsmouth or make them pay up. It's a disgrace that fans should travel 300 miles to get told it's called off to travel another 300 miless back and then are expected to do the trip again on a Tuesday night. The chairman said it would be on, he should not of said that.

10-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Then you should know that this forum contains no Fulham or Blackburn fans who post in the sports section, this makes you're post a void - not a fact.

I am not biast to Manchester City, if you came on after games when we've lost and the other team deserved the win you would read my comments complimenting the opposing side.

You were trying to fuel an arguement "Don't see anyone from the Fulham game moaning neither" is stating that I should quit moaning because no Fulham fans are complaining on this forum, this is not a fact considering this board contains a grand total of 0 Fulham fans, as stated above.

They should fork out the dosh. If we want to call the Premierleague the best league in the world we need to get rid of clubs like Portsmouth or make them pay up. It's a disgrace that fans should travel 300 miles to get told it's called off to travel another 300 miless back and then are expected to do the trip again on a Tuesday night. The chairman said it would be on, he should not of said that.

I don't know about you but i'd rather it be called the best league in world due to the football being played and not down to the fact that a club can't afford underground heating, your comment about the chairman is a fair comment he shouldn't have said it.

Minstrels
10-01-2009, 04:42 PM
I don't know about you but i'd rather it be called the best league in world due to the football being played and not down to the fact that a club can't afford underground heating, your comment about the chairman is a fair comment he shouldn't have said it.

Then they shouldn't waste money on a striker which they sell after... well not even one season.

10-01-2009, 04:52 PM
Then they shouldn't waste money on a striker which they sell after... well not even one season.

Would you not call that good business though? They bought him for something like 12mil was it? and then sold him for 15mil, Whatever the figures were they made a profit. Likewise with Diarra 20mil is hell of a lot of money. They have got the money now so it will be down to them how they use it. But personally I don't think they'll be in the PL for much longer.

Minstrels
10-01-2009, 05:05 PM
Would you not call that good business though? They bought him for something like 12mil was it? and then sold him for 15mil, Whatever the figures were they made a profit. Likewise with Diarra 20mil is hell of a lot of money. They have got the money now so it will be down to them how they use it. But personally I don't think they'll be in the PL for much longer.
They lost one million with Defoe plus his wages. They had to pay back four million to Spurs. So no, that's **** business.

They sold Diarra for twenty million in December.
They won the FA Cup in May.
They've been in the Premier league for six seasons, collecting money from Sky.
They get money from fans for tickets and merchandise.
They also get money from Setanta, ITV etc.

At which point do you want to say they can't afford under soil heating?

Jack.Lfc
10-01-2009, 05:12 PM
There just stingey:(

10-01-2009, 05:24 PM
They lost one million with Defoe plus his wages. They had to pay back four million to Spurs. So no, that's **** business.

Your points are valid and my wording was not the best by saying they can't afford it. I shouldn't have used that and Jack has said what I should have said lol.

On the Defoe transfer I wasn't aware that they had to pay spurs 4 mil back.

Mexel
10-01-2009, 08:43 PM
Sure about that as we did not have it and we were in the prem for 4 seasons in a row and were not getting it till this summer. I dont think Fulham have it either?

Fun fact #1: Birmingham don't have under-soil heating, but are installing it at the end of this season.
Is this some sort of dig at Birmingham lol? We dont have under soil heating (look at quote above) i said that then you said its a fun fact. why lol?! We cant exactly install it now can we mid season :S?

We have under soil heating.

And we can hardly stay in the Blue Square Premier :P
Okay, is this true lol?!

Probably can but not all clubs have good people on there board they would rather put the money in the bank and get the intrest from it.

Just like our board, but they say they have 'changed' now.

Bun
11-01-2009, 12:50 AM

hey you never know, antallica might have a sudden change of heart :P.

Loser
11-01-2009, 12:54 AM
They should still have it installed, it doesn't matter if they're getting a new ground or not. And I doubt they'll be able to afford one now.

You it's not actually FA rules to have under soil heating.

brandon
11-01-2009, 01:02 AM
Premier League clubs without undersoil heating are a joke

bigdavecox90
11-01-2009, 07:32 PM
So much for our game being 100% on.

Minstrels
12-01-2009, 10:10 PM
You it's not actually FA rules to have under soil heating.
And why would both clubs be getting fined?

Yeah I know.

So much for our game being 100% on.
Aye, classic case of a chairman who knows nothing.

Loser
12-01-2009, 11:09 PM
And why would both clubs be getting fined?

Time will tell if they actually get fined. I heard on the radio that it's not an official rule in England to, have undersoil heating. I think it's just any means of protecting the pitch from frost and both clubs have an alternative to the undersoil heating, covers and hot air blowers (Cardiff fans).

In Portsmouth's defence, they were planning a new stadium when they last relaid their soil, so instally undersoil heating would seem like a waste of money.
No idea on Fulham's situation though.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!