PDA

View Full Version : Homosexuality & Gay marriage - Your views

Technologic
09-01-2009, 05:47 PM
It'll be interesting to see what people think, personally i think there's nothing wrong with it (being gay myself) and the whole gay marriage thing, big whoop. Two guys marry, they're happy. The world doesn't end, we're not all going to 'hell' i don't see why people are so against it.

Your thoughts?

kk.
09-01-2009, 05:51 PM
It's there own choice so why should other people dictate how to live their life to this extreme. Should be allowed and they shouldnt have any one frown upon it.

I fail to see how people are homophobic as well

Wayne
09-01-2009, 05:52 PM
It's up to the gay couple to be honest.

Hazza
09-01-2009, 05:53 PM
I don't see whats wrong with it? Anyone that says its wrong is just a bit of a mong, its the present world, you might not like it, but you gotta live with it simple as.

Immenseman
09-01-2009, 05:53 PM
How do they perform the reproductive role for society. Same sex couples are allowed to adopt children yet I think that's harsh on the children, lol. It doesn't affect me directly, I don't really mind. Civil partnership is basically the same as marriage it's just not considered a marriage.

buttons
09-01-2009, 05:56 PM
men and woman are meant to marry each other. men and men aren't. women and women aren't. just the same how cousins shouldn't marry but they do. that's how i feel anyway.

Hazza
09-01-2009, 05:57 PM
They aren't actually getting married, its a civil partnership.

Malachy
09-01-2009, 06:00 PM
There's no ******* problem - it's just people overreacting.

Bun
09-01-2009, 06:00 PM
it's gay. oh my god i do amuse myself sometimes.

Wayne
09-01-2009, 06:01 PM
men and woman are meant to marry each other. men and men aren't. women and women aren't. just the same how cousins shouldn't marry but they do. that's how i feel anyway.

I do support that comment too, but I suppose if they want to get married, they can't be stopped.

drumrolllll
09-01-2009, 06:02 PM
it shouldn't be legal. except if it's 2 fit girls that are gonna make videos.

Immenseman
09-01-2009, 06:05 PM
people same sex couples can't get married, they can have a civil partnership so it's not "their choice", lol.

Swearwolf
09-01-2009, 06:12 PM
lol whatever i dun care

GommeInc
09-01-2009, 06:29 PM
It's fine, as long as they keep to a proper marriage/partnership. I do have some concerns though, noticing what some of my gay friends are like and some stories of the gay world, the whole "rebelling" and pining for a relationship and ending it within weeks is a bit of a worry. All I can say is, with some of the attitudes of some gay men (particularly), I can see why some of the homophobic comments come to light, it just seems sex oriented, rather than any real commitment, love, romance and trust.

FlyingJesus
09-01-2009, 06:35 PM
Without being at all homophobic I agree entirely with True Ryan. I know it's a massive generalisation but I have a lot of gay friends and they do seem to be far more about sex than anything else, and I do believe that it's part of a rebellion against society which they seem to think oppresses them. Now I have nothing against sex in or out of relationships, but when so many "loves" are fleeting as they are, one has to wonder as to the practicality of gay civil partnerships.

More to the point, marriage is a religious thing to do with linking man and woman in the eyes of God (or whichever deity they worship), so the only benefit I can really see in same sex legal partnerships is for financial reasons, otherwise there's still no law against adultery so it means absolutely nothing if there isn't the religious aspect.

ToxicPaddy
09-01-2009, 07:05 PM
Personally, I don't think they should be married. Civil partnership is alright though :)

Sammeth.
09-01-2009, 10:28 PM
I don't think it should be allowed for other people to decide who can and can't get married. I'm not a fan of marriage as a whole, but I don't tell people they can't get married just because of my personal distaste. If you don't like gay marriage, then don't marry someone who is of the same sex. That's the only way it can directly affect you. You aren't involved in other peoples lives to the extent where its appropriate for you to be saying how they should live their life.

BobX
10-01-2009, 12:07 AM
it doesn't make no difference if someone is gay or lesbian or bisexual or whatever,

what annoys me about them is that they have the compelling urge to parade around in tight skimpy pink hot pants at the gay pride carnival showing how gay they are.. theres not a straight pride carnival [i dont think] i dont see the need to do this.

Gay people complain about being categorised and singled out and whatever but they are hypocrites cause they parade about like that?...

Nixt
10-01-2009, 12:35 AM
Being gay myself, I obviously have nothing against homosexuality. From personal experience, it is not something you actively decide to be (unless you're looking for attention, I suppose) and therefore I do wonder why people have a problem with it. I didn't choose to be gay, I just feel attraction to men rather than women.
In terms of a gay marriage, I don't believe it's right. Marriage is, essentially, religious - the unison of a man and a woman. Civil partnership is a different matter. If two men, or two women decide that they would like to express their love through such a ceremony I am all for it, no one should have the right to stop them from doing it.

It's fine, as long as they keep to a proper marriage/partnership. I do have some concerns though, noticing what some of my gay friends are like and some stories of the gay world, the whole "rebelling" and pining for a relationship and ending it within weeks is a bit of a worry. All I can say is, with some of the attitudes of some gay men (particularly), I can see why some of the homophobic comments come to light, it just seems sex oriented, rather than any real commitment, love, romance and trust.

Without being at all homophobic I agree entirely with True Ryan. I know it's a massive generalisation but I have a lot of gay friends and they do seem to be far more about sex than anything else, and I do believe that it's part of a rebellion against society which they seem to think oppresses them. Now I have nothing against sex in or out of relationships, but when so many "loves" are fleeting as they are, one has to wonder as to the practicality of gay civil partnerships.

In reference to your comments on homosexual promiscuity, I am in agreement. Knowing a number of gay people myself it seems that their relationships are often fleeting and very sexually based. Despite professions of love, you will find that gay relationships quite often do not last; and on that basis, civil partnerships are nothing but a farse. However, I do not belive anyone should consider civil partnership a farse in general. Public portrayal of homosexuality is not, as with anything, wholly true. I myself have been in a relationship of seven months with someone who I am very much in love with and the relationship is not at all based on the sex.

it doesn't make no difference if someone is gay or lesbian or bisexual or whatever,

what annoys me about them is that they have the compelling urge to parade around in tight skimpy pink hot pants at the gay pride carnival showing how gay they are.. theres not a straight pride carnival [i dont think] i dont see the need to do this.

Gay people complain about being categorised and singled out and whatever but they are hypocrites cause they parade about like that?...

In one sense I agree. I myself would never take part in a pride festival because at the end of the day I am gay and that is it. I don't feel the need to parade around and tell everyone. I feel sexuality is a personal thing that doesn't need to be publicised. Nevertheless, I do understand why some people may take part in said festivals. One cannot deny that there is still discrimination in the world when it comes to homosexuality and often homosexuals have to be very private - which I fully appreciate. So it is nice to just be yourself, which you can be at gay pride.

amen
10-01-2009, 07:35 AM
God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve

Technologic
10-01-2009, 11:30 AM
^^ If god did exist one could argue he also made homosexuality...

GommeInc
10-01-2009, 02:06 PM
God made Adam and Eve not Adam and Steve
Aren't you clever, but Adam and Eve had offspring. I wonder where they went *glares around a metaphorical HxF room at everyone*

I do agree with you BobX. I really do not understand the point behind Gay Pride. Most homosexuals say they're not different to other people, yet they happily single themselves out with Gay Pride by dressing feminately and/or skimpily. But I guess if you're not involved with the festival, it shouldn't be a bother. It doesn't bother me at least, I just find it somewhat odd :P

Dan2nd
10-01-2009, 02:13 PM
I personally think marriage itself is not suitable for a gay couple as like said before that is more of a religious thing.. however saying that there is a gay couple who are friends of my family who have been together for 15 years and attend church every sunday (which is more than what I do in regards to religion :P)

drama
10-01-2009, 02:28 PM

funny thing is if their was such things like that, their would be uproar, hilarious double standards.

anywho, I see no problem with gay marriage par se, however i'm not religious at all, and i'm guessing tolerant religious people would opt for the choice of homosexual couples having civil partnerships, not marriages.

leah
10-01-2009, 04:42 PM
I don't have a problem with gay marriage
if they love eachother then why shouldn't they?

Seany
10-01-2009, 04:56 PM
tbh i don't really care, its not effecting us directly is it?

Sammeth.
10-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Aren't you clever, but Adam and Eve had offspring. I wonder where they went *glares around a metaphorical HxF room at everyone*

I do agree with you BobX. I really do not understand the point behind Gay Pride. Most homosexuals say they're not different to other people, yet they happily single themselves out with Gay Pride by dressing feminately and/or skimpily. But I guess if you're not involved with the festival, it shouldn't be a bother. It doesn't bother me at least, I just find it somewhat odd :P

I really don't like guys who dress effeminately or act really camp or girlish. It's like, I like guys and men not women. If I wanted someone like that I would just go after women :P

luce
10-01-2009, 07:07 PM
I don't have a problem with gay marriage
if they love eachother then why shouldn't they?

Because they're both men. I have no issues with Gay people are Lesbians but i don't think you should get married especially in a church because God's against homosexuality :D

Dentafrice
10-01-2009, 07:15 PM
I don't think that they should be married.. at all.. marriage should be between a man and a woman.

If a guy and a guy want to live together, so be it.. if they want to ****.. so be it.. if they want to file their taxes together.. so be it. They just shouldn't be married.

They can have their 'civil partnership' or whatever.. and they get all the benefits of marriage, without being 'married'.

--------

@Technologic: God didn't make 'homosexuality'.. those people choose to be homosexual.

God made people, and people choose to sin (homosexuality), since God made man in his own image.. (and he is heterosexual, not homosexual), man is naturally and originally heterosexual (adam + eve).

To be honest..

man --- man
------><------- does not go together.. a man and a man do not fit in the terms of reproduction.

man --- woman
------> ()

those fit..

I don't think it's fair on the child growing up with two dads.. or two moms.. that's just my opinion though.

FlyingJesus
10-01-2009, 07:28 PM
One up the bum, no harm done!

Dentafrice
10-01-2009, 07:29 PM
One up the bum, no harm done!
I like to think of a bum as a one way street.. and use it for what it was intended for, not sticking foreign objects up it ;P

Hayd93
10-01-2009, 07:31 PM
I don't think that they should be married.. at all.. marriage should be between a man and a woman.

If a guy and a guy want to live together, so be it.. if they want to ****.. so be it.. if they want to file their taxes together.. so be it. They just shouldn't be married.

They can have their 'civil partnership' or whatever.. and they get all the benefits of marriage, without being 'married'.

--------

@Technologic: God didn't make 'homosexuality'.. those people choose to be homosexual.

God made people, and people choose to sin (homosexuality), since God made man in his own image.. (and he is heterosexual, not homosexual), man is naturally and originally heterosexual (adam + eve).

To be honest..

man --- man
------><------- does not go together.. a man and a man do not fit in the terms of reproduction.

man --- woman
------> ()

those fit..

I don't think it's fair on the child growing up with two dads.. or two moms.. that's just my opinion though.

Totally agree there on all of your points. In my opinion its vile but thats just my 2 cents.

Technologic
10-01-2009, 07:46 PM

--------

To be honest..

man --- man

man --- woman
------> ()

those fit..

A. it's not a choice
B. Why not?
C. Guys have arses --->()

Dentafrice
10-01-2009, 07:48 PM
I mean I'm not going to discriminate them because they're gay.. but I don't agree with it, and that's just my opinion. If I can respect their being gay, they can at least respect my opinion.

I don't see the point in all of the guys fitting into the stereotype.. like it seems most gay guys, who "come out", always almost immediately follow the "gay stereotype" with the high pitched voice, and acting extremely feminine, and just acting really weird..

I don't get it.

It's like being gay is the same as being vegetarian.. you just have to ******* let everyone know that you're that.. and you brag about it constantly.

(gay pride things, "I've not ate meat in 4 days.. blahla (well I've not ate a banana in over a ******* month but you don't see me bragging)" and things like that)

xxMATTGxx
10-01-2009, 07:54 PM
I don't have a problem with it. If they want to get married then let them, I haven't got a problem with that and I don't think i ever will to be honest.

Technologic
10-01-2009, 07:56 PM
All because of a fairytale....

FlyingJesus
10-01-2009, 07:59 PM
All because of a fairytale....

If you're referring to the Bible then religion is the only reason marriage exists lol

Technologic
10-01-2009, 07:59 PM
If you're referring to the Bible then religion is the only reason marriage exists lol

Damnit, you got me there

Kardan
10-01-2009, 08:02 PM
I've got no problem with it, let them have a civil partnership/marriage/whatever you want to call it. I attended one last year, and from what I remember - the only difference from that and a heterosexual marriage ceremony was what was read out.

Frodo13.
10-01-2009, 08:10 PM
Don't bother me really. I think gay people have every right to get married if they want to.

10-01-2009, 09:06 PM
whatever floats your boat.

GommeInc
10-01-2009, 10:16 PM
I really don't like guys who dress effeminately or act really camp or girlish. It's like, I like guys and men not women. If I wanted someone like that I would just go after women :P
It's like gay guys are trying to turn you, or turn you onto transgenders :P

To be honest..

man --- man

man --- woman
------> ()

those fit..
*cough* ****

Sammeth.
10-01-2009, 10:17 PM
I like to think of a bum as a one way street.. and use it for what it was intended for, not sticking foreign objects up it ;P

God also made us with a G Spot up there so what's a boy to do :( He needs to think out his designs more clearly.

Bomb-Head
10-01-2009, 10:46 PM

That's only according to one theory though - what's not to say God didn't put 'sin' in the system in the first place.

Totally agree there on all of your points. In my opinion its vile but thats just my 2 cents.

What a charming young man you are :)

FlyingJesus
10-01-2009, 11:03 PM
God also made us with a G Spot up there so what's a boy to do :( He needs to think out his designs more clearly.

THAT'S TEMPTATION YOU MUST NOT GIVE IN OR YOU BURN FOR ETERNITY TWICE

what's not to say God didn't put 'sin' in the system in the first place.

The bit where it says Satan did it lol

GommeInc
11-01-2009, 12:04 AM
I bet there's a bit in the Bible that says the opposite aswell. It's like a big, cuddly book of contradictions. But a guide it is nonetheless.

Immenseman
11-01-2009, 12:06 AM
I bet there's a bit in the Bible that says the opposite aswell. It's like a big, cuddly book of contradictions. But a guide it is nonetheless.

Everything the bible says it will say the opposite later on within the bible - fact.

Virgin Mary
11-01-2009, 06:25 AM
Everything the bible says it will say the opposite later on within the bible - fact.
That's because God became nice after he had a kid who contradicted most of what he said

MrPinkPanther
11-01-2009, 12:17 PM
Firstly you don't choose to be gay, someone whos gay doesn't think "Oh I'll be gay now".

Secondly I believe God isnt Heterosexual because he doesn't infact have a sex so that argument is bullcrap.

Finally the fact that Gay guys and Women can't have children is a good thing? The world is overpopulated as it is, to be honest they are helping that. They are contributing to society by having jobs etc but without the strain on society for kids schooling etc.

I definatly think Gay people should be allowed to be married, its their choice and it isnt hurting anyone.

I don't however like all this "Gay pride" stuff, like the parades. Its not something to be proud of its just who you are, you didn't do anything special. Its like having a "High blood pressure pride day".

Technologic
11-01-2009, 12:19 PM
Firstly you don't choose to be gay, someone whos gay doesn't think "Oh I'll be gay now".

Secondly I believe God isnt Heterosexual because he doesn't infact have a sex so that argument is bullcrap.

The truth is out, god is a tranny

Immenseman
11-01-2009, 12:24 PM
Finally the fact that Gay guys and Women can't have children is a good thing? The world is overpopulated as it is, to be honest they are helping that. They are contributing to society by having jobs etc but without the strain on society for kids schooling etc.

What a stupid thing to say :S Not like this world needs children or anything :rolleyes:

buttons
11-01-2009, 12:25 PM
had to laugh lmao. you'll never stop the growth of the population unless you start killing off people (iraq plz jk) they aren't contributing to that sense at all lolololol. that's like saying not letting anyone be catholic because iirc they don't believe in abortion/contraception = more kids!! so whatever :)

I don't however like all this "Gay pride" stuff, like the parades. Its not something to be proud of its just who you are, you didn't do anything special. Its like having a "High blood pressure pride day".
i agree with that bit though it's nothing to celebrate, it's a part of who you are, you're not better than anyone else

leah
11-01-2009, 01:21 PM

I definatly think Gay people should be allowed to be married, its their choice and it isnt hurting anyone.

I agree with what you're saying.
its not like straight people go around with straight pride bands lol

MrPinkPanther
11-01-2009, 02:40 PM
Ok, say 3% of the worlds population is Gay. If those 3% weren't Gay then there would be a lot more people being born into the world and places would be even more overcrowded. Obviously if 50% of the population turns gay then thats bad for society but the lowish percent at the moment is good.

Virgin Mary
11-01-2009, 02:42 PM
Ok, say 3% of the worlds population is Gay. If those 3% weren't Gay then there would be a lot more people being born into the world and places would be even more overcrowded. Obviously if 50% of the population turns gay then thats bad for society but the lowish percent at the moment is good.
You wouldn't be around to see the effects of under or overpopulation so it's not really a problem for any of us unless people learn to live forever.

GommeInc
11-01-2009, 02:46 PM
Gay guys and lesbians can have children... Men can donate sperm and lesbians can absorb it, or it's the other way round and lesbians donate sperm to insert into the gay males. I forget :D

MrGazet
11-01-2009, 05:39 PM
Gay guys and lesbians can have children... Men can donate sperm and lesbians can absorb it, or it's the other way round and lesbians donate sperm to insert into the gay males. I forget :D

lolol yeah
idc if they're gays or wot
as long as they're happy tbh.

Immenseman
11-01-2009, 05:44 PM
lolol yeah
idc if they're gays or wot
as long as they're happy tbh.

yeah it doesn't bother me it just annoys me when people say that it's fine and can't see the other side of it.

dirrty
11-01-2009, 05:45 PM
not bothered rly. then can do wot they want cuz it doesn't effect me lol

FlyingJesus
11-01-2009, 05:51 PM

You're right, an entity referred to as "He" who is a father and a son couldn't possibly have a gender

GommeInc
11-01-2009, 06:17 PM
You're right, an entity referred to as "He" who is a father and a son couldn't possibly have a gender
I blame the media tbh, the Bible is just a publication of all kinds of newspaper articles, much like Jeremy Clarkson's books, but with God instead :P

Where is this information that God is neihter male nor female? It can't be the Bible, and that's usually the source of all knowledge and facts.

Bun
11-01-2009, 07:55 PM
i think it would be wrong for a gay couple to adopt, it would be well mean on the kid.

"so jonny who's coming to parents evening tonight?"
"my dad"
"ur... which one?"

that would be well embarrassing.

GommeInc
11-01-2009, 08:16 PM
i think it would be wrong for a gay couple to adopt, it would be well mean on the kid.

"my dad"
"ur... which one?"

The child would say which dad... It's like if one of your parents had died and someone says "so how's your ...." Except, it could be more embarassing from children when they chidishly bully you about having same gender parents. If they do though, they're really proving themselves to be scum, so not a big deal really.

N-Dubz
11-01-2009, 09:23 PM
personally it dont bother me, what harm will two people of the same sex getting married ever bring me? lol.

Sammeth.
12-01-2009, 07:53 AM

"my dad"
"ur... which one?"

I agree. We all know the most common cause for depression in a child's life is awkward parents evening situations. Hopefully a ban on gay adoption will cut down on this.

Bun
12-01-2009, 08:17 AM
I agree. We all know the most common cause for depression in a child's life is awkward parents evening situations. Hopefully a ban on gay adoption will cut down on this.
glad you feel that way :rolleyes:.

Immenseman
12-01-2009, 08:51 AM
I agree Cod, they'll get picked on, they're bound to in comprehensive education especially in like year 7 - 9. People will just make stupid remarks and depending on the characteristics of the child they could be considerably affected.

AmericanRanger
12-01-2009, 10:32 AM
There is two sides of an argument on this like always. You have the gay rights groups who think Gay/Bisexuals should have the same freedom and rights as everyone else. Then you have people who are concerned about how children can be effected. The only reason a child would be bullied and feel awkward is because of the current state of todays society. In my opinion if you ban the rights for gay/bisexuals to adopt society will never change and it will continue to get worse. If the goverment stood up and said no we are not banning it due to freedom of rights as UK is supposed to be a country of freedom then people might think twice about judging others. If you stop everyone having the same rights then you are stopping everyone from having the same freedom and things will never get changed. Maybe they should close it down a little so the child must agree by choice for adoption and not be forced into it but to ban it altogether is wrong. :)

Agnostic Bear
12-01-2009, 12:05 PM
I see it this way:

You don't act like a happy happy tree friend to me, I don't hit you in the face and generally get along with you.

Virgin Mary
12-01-2009, 03:31 PM
I think saying gays can't adopt because the child will be bullied is like saying it's okay and acceptable for a child to be bullied because they have gay parents. You're basically saying it's what's to be expected.

Bun
12-01-2009, 04:17 PM
I think saying gays can't adopt because the child will be bullied is like saying it's okay and acceptable for a child to be bullied because they have gay parents. You're basically saying it's what's to be expected.
it is expected though, and surely the child's quality of life should be put first?

Immenseman
12-01-2009, 04:22 PM

I don't know where you went to school. It's bound to happen, that doesn't mean I agree with it because I certainly don't. I would genuinely feel sorry for children who were adopted into a gay family. Until their class mates are older they won't fully understand and will be the victim of numerous taunts directed at the sexuality of their parents.

Technologic
12-01-2009, 04:50 PM
most people at my school are open minded and wouldn't give a **** tbh

Virgin Mary
12-01-2009, 05:09 PM
Well they bully them because they think it's wrong or bad, an idea they must've got from somewhere. It's like when the gays kissed on eastenders and people complained that their children would see it... I think a bunch of gays would make better parents than someone who passes narrow-minded opinions to their children.

Hayd93
12-01-2009, 06:26 PM
That's only according to one theory though - what's not to say God didn't put 'sin' in the system in the first place.

What a charming young man you are :)
We dont all have the same opinions as you ;) remeber that next time some of think its fine others may think different.

What annoys me is i dont go shouting Im straight. Straight pride ect,

Sammeth.
12-01-2009, 11:07 PM
We dont all have the same opinions as you ;) remeber that next time some of think its fine others may think different.

What annoys me is i dont go shouting Im straight. Straight pride ect,
Maybe its the way you expressed your opinion. Dentafrice was polite, backed up his opinions with why he thought those things and gave examples. Then you just say "Agreed, it's vile". You haven't added anything and why you think that. You could have worded it better.

Also, not all gays go shouting about being gay. I certainly don't - it makes no difference to me. Being gay is 0.0001% of who I am, there is so much more to me before that than just being gay. I'm a guy who just like other guys, and that's it. That's how I live my life and I certainly don't live my life based around the fact I'm gay.

Immenseman
12-01-2009, 11:20 PM
I think a lot of straight people just make out they dislike gays because they think they should, they have no genuine reason to. Also, I think some heterosexual people flatter themselves too much and think every gay is going to come onto them.

Dentafrice
13-01-2009, 01:10 AM
I don't have a problem with gays, being gay. (the pun on that sounded awful).

Not every gay is going to come onto you, although I do not like it when they do. If they see me with my girlfriend, or any girl for that matter.. I don't really find it 'stable' (as it, not annoying) for a gay to be 'flirting' with me.

And again, I don't like it when they shout out that they are gay, I think that your sexuality is just a preference.. nothing more. I don't really think it's even a lifestyle.

It's simple.. you're choosing to like the same sex, instead of the opposite...

It's like choosing to drive a automatic, or manual.. it's your choice, and your preference.

We don't have stick shift pride festivals and parades.. so why should you have gay pride ones?

Or gay pride week? Why don't we have straight pride week.. or straight pride rainbows.

I just think that being "gay" and homosexuality is really a "rebel" social movement.. because I don't think you just wake up and decide "hey.. I'll be gay! I like looking at guys."

I think there are many many physiological reasons to why you may be attracted to the same sex, instead of the opposite.

Maybe you've had extremely bad relationships in the past with the opposite sex? Things like that can affect your decisions. "Well I can't find a decent girl.. maybe I can find a decent guy.." thinks like that.

I think it's sorta like the 70+80s rock scene.. where all teenagers were trying to be rebellious to their parents, and society in general.

But not exactly rebellious as in doing "bad things", but in a sense of they want to be different.. and not be like everyone else.. (as in being straight..).

That's just my opinion though, maybe you can get something out of that.

GommeInc
13-01-2009, 01:37 AM
FlyingJesus and I agreed a while back in the thread about those views, so you're not alone :)

To what seems to be the majority of homosexuals, it's just an excuse to rebel. I find it incredibly frustrating talking to some of my gay friends, and indeed looking at how they feel on Facebook sometimes, when they say they "want a relationship" and get worked up about it, when we all are aware it's just for sex.

There is no commitment it seems in the majority of homosexual/same sex relationships. I was thinking about this earlier watching Coronation Street (lol). I heard on it "I want to be with you, I want to fulfill my dreams and live through them with you." I don't think I've ever heard anything remotely similar in gay relationships, there's no passion, no deep feelings. I have, however, heard something similar with heterosexual relationships and the ones that have lasted over a year.

It does make me wonder what causes this rebellious and hypocritical behaviour. Maybe it's society, but society cannot be blamed for the difficulties a gay guy has to find other gay guys and bond like straight couples bond, through time and interests. Looking at my friends, the only time they know about other gay guys is through going to gay nights at University and City Gay Nights. And as we all know, not everyone is confident enough to go find what they're looking for without alot to drink, and it does usually end up with kissing strangers or further, sleeping with them after one or two nights.

They seem to jump straight into the deep end. The relationship ends as fast as it was to get into it. I would like to see my friends do it the old fashioned way, which is get to know each other and see how it goes from there. It seems to be the only way that works, it's rare to hear that they end a long time when the relationship started with kissing and sex. But it depends if anyone else sees it that way I guess :/

Calon
13-01-2009, 02:25 AM

Not every gay is going to come onto you, although I do not like it when they do. If they see me with my girlfriend, or any girl for that matter.. I don't really find it 'stable' (as it, not annoying) for a gay to be 'flirting' with me.

And again, I don't like it when they shout out that they are gay, I think that your sexuality is just a preference.. nothing more. I don't really think it's even a lifestyle.

It's like choosing to drive a automatic, or manual.. it's your choice, and your preference.

We don't have stick shift pride festivals and parades.. so why should you have gay pride ones?

Or gay pride week? Why don't we have straight pride week.. or straight pride rainbows.

I just think that being "gay" and homosexuality is really a "rebel" social movement.. because I don't think you just wake up and decide "hey.. I'll be gay! I like looking at guys."

I think there are many many physiological reasons to why you may be attracted to the same sex, instead of the opposite.

Maybe you've had extremely bad relationships in the past with the opposite sex? Things like that can affect your decisions. "Well I can't find a decent girl.. maybe I can find a decent guy.." thinks like that.

I think it's sorta like the 70+80s rock scene.. where all teenagers were trying to be rebellious to their parents, and society in general.

But not exactly rebellious as in doing "bad things", but in a sense of they want to be different.. and not be like everyone else.. (as in being straight..).

Agreed

Richie
13-01-2009, 07:24 AM
I do not have any view on this personaly i think to be gay is ok.

Immenseman
13-01-2009, 07:48 AM
I do not have any view on this personaly i think to be gay is ok.
lol... therefore you do have a view.

Jord
13-01-2009, 08:02 AM
If there in love they should be able to get married.

9,500 Posts

MrGazet
13-01-2009, 04:51 PM
If there in love they should be able to get married

i agree.
nothing is wrong with it tbh

RandomManJay
17-01-2009, 03:29 AM
I don't really have an issue with it, if homosexuals want to try and keep a relationship going and/or take it to the next step, they have the right to.

today
17-01-2009, 04:59 AM

Who says that though?

I agree there, although i see civil partnership and marrage the same really.
--------

To be honest..

man --- man

man --- woman
------> ()

those fit..

Who said its a 'sin', if its a 'sin' then anyone whos not 100% straight will go to hell, or some sort of 'worse' place then 'heaven' then?

Totally agree there on all of your points. In my opinion its vile but thats just my 2 cents.Rather harsh and not needed really.

I mean I'm not going to discriminate them because they're gay.. but I don't agree with it, and that's just my opinion. If I can respect their being gay, they can at least respect my opinion.

I would hope most gay's do, being gay doesnt change opinions on others, so if they cant then they have issues, and same for straight people.

I don't see the point in all of the guys fitting into the stereotype.. like it seems most gay guys, who "come out", always almost immediately follow the "gay stereotype" with the high pitched voice, and acting extremely feminine, and just acting really weird..

I don't get it.

It's like being gay is the same as being vegetarian.. you just have to ******* let everyone know that you're that.. and you brag about it constantly.

(gay pride things, "I've not ate meat in 4 days.. blahla (well I've not ate a banana in over a ******* month but you don't see me bragging)" and things like that)
Im not sure where you got the 'coming out' then 'high pitched voices' from, as no one who i know sounds high pitched, either gay or bi. And i agree about flaunting it, its not needed but the argument can be said why do straight people flaunt kissing straight people, in some gay's eyes its 'sick' and straights may feel the same, but its gay kissing which is deemed as 'worse' as its not accepted as much, yet its two sides of a penny argument.

God also made us with a G Spot up there so what's a boy to do :( He needs to think out his designs more clearly.LOL!!!!

THAT'S TEMPTATION YOU MUST NOT GIVE IN OR YOU BURN FOR ETERNITY TWICE

With him ^^

Well said (:

I dont belive in the bible, god or what ever he may be called in several places. So im with you, 'god' to me is a made up word, but thats my view though and some will disagree (going back to the 'sin' thing up there^^)

That werent really needed for?

Again, i dont like it either, its not requried but i guess as 'Gay prides' are newer and being "gay" is slightly more acceptable now then before they feel the need to boast?

What a stupid thing to say :S Not like this world needs children or anything :rolleyes:I know?!

But who said its real?

I see it this way:

You don't act like a happy happy tree friend to me, I don't hit you in the face and generally get along with you.
OMG. HAPPY HAPPY TREE!!! :eusa_whis

What annoys me is i dont go shouting Im straight. Straight pride ect,No as everyone was born thinking 'straight' was right. and 'gay/lesbian' was wrong. If everyone thought 'gay' was right then there would be straight prides.. Just the way its worked out..

I think a lot of straight people just make out they dislike gays because they think they should, they have no genuine reason to. Also, I think some heterosexual people flatter themselves too much and think every gay is going to come onto them.
I'm with you.

bad pun!! :eusa_wall

Not every gay is going to come onto you, although I do not like it when they do. If they see me with my girlfriend, or any girl for that matter.. I don't really find it 'stable' (as it, not annoying) for a gay to be 'flirting' with me.If they tried too then more fool them and they deserve to be wacked once or twice.. :eusa_whis

I'm with you :)

But its not your choice at the end of the day, your stuck with it, either go with it or try to fight it and be depressed for your life (which i've seen happen).

See up somewhere!! ^^

Maybe, but some are just born thinking males are hot and females are not, and anyone who does that example is bloodly greedy lol

LOL!

That's just my opinion though, maybe you can get something out of that.I dunno if i get you here.

FlyingJesus and I agreed a while back in the thread about those views, so you're not alone :)

To what seems to be the majority of homosexuals, it's just an excuse to rebel. I find it incredibly frustrating talking to some of my gay friends, and indeed looking at how they feel on Facebook sometimes, when they say they "want a relationship" and get worked up about it, when we all are aware it's just for sex.
I hope you dont think all gays want sex, as its not the case and i know many who are really romantic and much better at being soppy then some guys (Who want sex.. and are straight..)

There is no commitment it seems in the majority of homosexual/same sex relationships. I was thinking about this earlier watching Coronation Street (lol). I heard on it "I want to be with you, I want to fulfill my dreams and live through them with you." I don't think I've ever heard anything remotely similar in gay relationships, there's no passion, no deep feelings. I have, however, heard something similar with heterosexual relationships and the ones that have lasted over a year.
Does happen, i guess its harder to stick in a relationship with another man as you've got the world (sort of speak) on your case, or your town at least.

It does make me wonder what causes this rebellious and hypocritical behaviour. Maybe it's society, but society cannot be blamed for the difficulties a gay guy has to find other gay guys and bond like straight couples bond, through time and interests. Looking at my friends, the only time they know about other gay guys is through going to gay nights at University and City Gay Nights. And as we all know, not everyone is confident enough to go find what they're looking for without alot to drink, and it does usually end up with kissing strangers or further, sleeping with them after one or two nights.

They seem to jump straight into the deep end. The relationship ends as fast as it was to get into it. I would like to see my friends do it the old fashioned way, which is get to know each other and see how it goes from there. It seems to be the only way that works, it's rare to hear that they end a long time when the relationship started with kissing and sex. But it depends if anyone else sees it that way I guess :/
Been with Andrew for a year, met in person by bumping into him in Republic. Hit it off from there, and we've never had sex, (mainly as i find it slightly sickening..) It does happen though. Just not often :(

I don't really have an issue with it, if homosexuals want to try and keep a relationship going and/or take it to the next step, they have the right to.
Trueeee!

Dentafrice
17-01-2009, 03:56 PM
Who says that though?

I agree there, although i see civil partnership and marrage the same really.
--------

Who said its a 'sin', if its a 'sin' then anyone whos not 100% straight will go to hell, or some sort of 'worse' place then 'heaven' then?

Rather harsh and not needed really.

I would hope most gay's do, being gay doesnt change opinions on others, so if they cant then they have issues, and same for straight people.

Im not sure where you got the 'coming out' then 'high pitched voices' from, as no one who i know sounds high pitched, either gay or bi. And i agree about flaunting it, its not needed but the argument can be said why do straight people flaunt kissing straight people, in some gay's eyes its 'sick' and straights may feel the same, but its gay kissing which is deemed as 'worse' as its not accepted as much, yet its two sides of a penny argument.

LOL!!!!

With him ^^

Well said (:

I dont belive in the bible, god or what ever he may be called in several places. So im with you, 'god' to me is a made up word, but thats my view though and some will disagree (going back to the 'sin' thing up there^^)

That werent really needed for?

Again, i dont like it either, its not requried but i guess as 'Gay prides' are newer and being "gay" is slightly more acceptable now then before they feel the need to boast?

I know?!

But who said its real?

OMG. HAPPY HAPPY TREE!!! :eusa_whis

No as everyone was born thinking 'straight' was right. and 'gay/lesbian' was wrong. If everyone thought 'gay' was right then there would be straight prides.. Just the way its worked out..

I'm with you.

bad pun!! :eusa_wall
If they tried too then more fool them and they deserve to be wacked once or twice.. :eusa_whis

I'm with you :)

But its not your choice at the end of the day, your stuck with it, either go with it or try to fight it and be depressed for your life (which i've seen happen).

See up somewhere!! ^^
Maybe, but some are just born thinking males are hot and females are not, and anyone who does that example is bloodly greedy lol
LOL!
I dunno if i get you here.

I hope you dont think all gays want sex, as its not the case and i know many who are really romantic and much better at being soppy then some guys (Who want sex.. and are straight..)

Does happen, i guess its harder to stick in a relationship with another man as you've got the world (sort of speak) on your case, or your town at least.

Been with Andrew for a year, met in person by bumping into him in Republic. Hit it off from there, and we've never had sex, (mainly as i find it slightly sickening..) It does happen though. Just not often :(

Trueeee!
I read through most of that :P Can't be arsed to reply to it all due to the fact, it doesn't need replying to, because I can agree/disagree with it in a sort of way :P

The part about this though I do disagree with:

I disagree with that. You don't have a 'sexuality' gene in you that determines who you like or not.. you can't have a chromosome set that lets you like guys, or a chromosome set that lets you like girls, or a messed up chromosome yet that lets you like both..

You're not in fact "born" with it, it's not a gene that you are born with.. Personally I think it's society that determines in your mind who you grow up liking, or your childhood.

A lot of the gays that I know, or have spoken to, have had either very awful childhoods or very sheltered childhoods, or had experiences with very bad relationships with the opposite sex in their lives.

I just don't think you're born 'liking the same sex', but in turn you decide to 'come out of the closet', you had to make the decision to experiment with the opposite sex.

GommeInc
17-01-2009, 04:30 PM
Thus the reason I said majority ;) Which usually means "in my opinion and my experience, most gay guys I know are..."

What I don't understand either is, why do some guys who come out the closet have to do the annoying gay thing and let the world know... Especially the ones who said bad things about the sexuality before hand? One of my friends is quite the man ***** now, and he's one of these ones that whines for a relationship, but couldn't hold one if he tried :P Mainly because he tries to have a go at finding one when way over the driving limit of alcohol, bad move :rolleyes:

Technologic
17-01-2009, 07:15 PM
Oh lol, i am now going to a gay wedding in september

Monopoly
17-01-2009, 08:05 PM
In my opinion...

Personality > Sexuality.
I'm gay, but it's such a small part of who I am that I never even bother to "come out" to people. They either assume, or see me with a guy and then, usually, a load of questions come. After that things go completely back to normal because it doesn't change me as a person, it just changes who I choose to be with.

The whole Gay Pride thing is so hypocritical that I actually find it embarrassing.
"We don't want to be singled out anymore", cried the ****** community.
"I know!" Exclaimed one simple person. "Let's all get together, and march in leather and spandex about it!!"
"Ehm... yeah... yeah! YES! It's brilliant!" Cried back the ****** community.
No.. it's not. :/
But, not everyone acts that way, or even feels that way - I'm definitely not proud to be gay. Sometimes I even feel quite guilty, or embarrassed, about it. I generally feel the way most of the people who have posted in here feel: it's really unnecessary, attention seeking ********.

I don't like gay marriage, either because I see marriage as a purely religious thing. Also, though, I think straight couples getting married out-with religion is wrong too.

I think gay people being allowed to adopt is a touchy subject, though. I mean, if a child is taken from a **** family with a drunk father, and junkie mother, why shouldn't a "straight-edge", well off gay couple be allowed to adopt them? It's better for the child, surely? But, of course, because - like Dentafrice' lovely diagram showed us - it's not natural for two men to have a child, and there's something unbalancing about it. Ultimately I don't like it, but if the situation above occurred I wouldn't see a problem with it.

That's just my opinion, though. I feel like such a hypocrite. :))

Excellent2
17-01-2009, 10:58 PM
Please don't think I'm a gay hater or anything. I was raised by a father who told me that being gay is wrong so although my opinions are not extreme, they're controversial.

I don't agree with homosexuality as I've been brought up to think that only men and women get married, thus the human race can live on.

Although I do think that if a gay couple wishes to get married, they should be allowed to.

Adopting a kid is what I don't agree with one bit. Because of todays society, a kid would get bullied pretty harshly at school and in real life as a result of being adopted by a gay couple.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!