PDA

View Full Version : Wigan V Tottenham

efq
11-01-2009, 01:26 PM
Information

Venue: JJB Stadium
Date: Sunday, 11 January
Kick-off: 1330 GMT
Coverage: Full commentary on BBC Radio 5 Live, coverage on BBC Sport website & highlights on Match of the Day

Teams

Wigan: Kirkland, Melchiot, Scharner, Bramble, Figueroa, Valencia, Palacios, Cattermole, Taylor, Heskey, Zaki.
Subs: Pollitt, Edman, Kilbane, Brown, Boyce, De Ridder, Camara.
Tottenham: Gomes, Zokora, Dawson, Woodgate, King, Bale, Corluka, Modric, O'Hara, Pavlyuchenko, Defoe.
Subs: Cesar, Bentley, Huddlestone, Lennon, Jenas, Bent, Campbell.

Jermain Defoe woot but a 3-5-2 formation...

Geraint
11-01-2009, 01:54 PM
Bale - Please, for the love of God and my fantasy team, please, just play well and grab a goal.

Andeeh
11-01-2009, 03:02 PM
0 - 0 still 73 mins gone

Andeeh
11-01-2009, 03:21 PM
wigan scored 91st minute :) header

Malachy
11-01-2009, 03:28 PM
Wigan Athletic 1-0 Tottenham Hotspur - Figueroa (91)
Can't say didn't see it coming.

e5
11-01-2009, 03:29 PM
oh dearr.. TH are in trouble lol

efq
11-01-2009, 05:52 PM
Tottenham arn't in trouble, if they are so are all the teams from 14th till end of table.
If Spurs won they would of gone 7 places.

Immenseman
11-01-2009, 05:53 PM
spurs back in the drop zone and they thought redknapp was a miracle worker, they've got good individuals, no team.

Geraint
11-01-2009, 05:53 PM
Man Utd would have beaten both of these teams 6-0.

Immenseman
11-01-2009, 05:55 PM
Man Utd would have beaten both of these teams 6-0.

Maybe even 7.

Cisse9
11-01-2009, 08:41 PM
Tottenham are so crap its unbelievable, Jermain Defoe was pretty poor today offside to many times.

David Bentley should start RM, Luka modric was invisible.

so to my point

tottenham are in a relegation fight as with another 10 other teams, which will most likely change after a couple more game weeks.

my opinion on who will go down (not in any order as probably GD or about 1-2 points will seperate all 3 places) -

West Brom ( play the best football out of the 3 teams that came up, credit to them hope they stay up.
Stoke - Not good enough, Delap is all they have and most teams know how to defend the throws
Portsmouth - Already sold diarra and defoe, [if more follow such as Kranjcar,James,Distin] and they don't replace they probably will down.

JackBuddy
11-01-2009, 09:12 PM
Tottenham are so crap its unbelievable, Jermain Defoe was pretty poor today offside to many times.

David Bentley should start RM, Luka modric was invisible.

so to my point

tottenham are in a relegation fight as with another 10 other teams, which will most likely change after a couple more game weeks.

That's how Defoe plays though. I don't see why Harry didn't just start 442 with Pav and Defoe up front. We have done OK previously with it and with more quality up front we can only get better. Woulda been nice to see Gio play today too, especially considering the fact that he can't defend and we had a 5 man defence.

Cisse9
11-01-2009, 09:32 PM
That's how Defoe plays though. I don't see why Harry didn't just start 442 with Pav and Defoe up front. We have done OK previously with it and with more quality up front we can only get better. Woulda been nice to see Gio play today too, especially considering the fact that he can't defend and we had a 5 man defence.

Who's playing LM for tottenham atm?

dont see why giovani dos santos can't get into the team, hes good.

Immenseman
11-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Just seen it on Match of the day, Redknapp blaming the players, great manager. He's right enough though they have some class individuals.

JackBuddy
12-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Who's playing LM for tottenham atm?

dont see why giovani dos santos can't get into the team, hes good.
That's the trouble lol- we don't have many left footed midfielders. That's why Harry is so desperate for downing. We have either been playing Bentley/Lennon or O Hara at left mid.

I just wish that Harry would give Gio a game :@

I don't think the players can have all the blame. Harry put out a 5 man defence and a 3 man midfield consisting of Zokora, Modric and O Hara which makes no sense.

We should do this:

Gomes
Corluka Woodgate King Assou-Ekotto
Huddlestone
Lennon Giovani
Modric
Pav Defoe

Geraint
12-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Gareth Bale is a left-back who plays better in left-midfield. He did brilliant when he played there in his first season.

Cisse9
12-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Gareth Bale is a left-back who plays better in left-midfield. He did brilliant when he played there in his first season.

Thats there problem, whenever Bale plays they never win!

And they can stay off Kieran Richardson if they need LM becuase he's not going anywhere.

Can't stand Harry Redknapp his way of approaching players is a joke and should be fined for it, its basicly tapping up.

and LOL AT THE FACT HE BLAMES HIS PLAYERS.

Jack.Lfc
12-01-2009, 07:26 PM
Harry redknapp is quite the minx.

Immenseman
12-01-2009, 07:36 PM
He really is a little devil, gta love him.

Geraint
12-01-2009, 09:03 PM
Thats there problem, whenever Bale plays they never win!

And they can stay off Kieran Richardson if they need LM becuase he's not going anywhere.

Can't stand Harry Redknapp his way of approaching players is a joke and should be fined for it, its basicly tapping up.

and LOL AT THE FACT HE BLAMES HIS PLAYERS.

Bale is a great player, he just rarely passes.

Cisse9
12-01-2009, 09:55 PM
Bale is a great player, he just rarely passes.

but they cant win when he plays :P

Geraint
12-01-2009, 10:05 PM

It's that pesky defence of theirs. They simply don't pass to Bale enough because they'll know he'll have an open-goal but will stick try to pass 3 players before lobbing the keeper.

Soy
12-01-2009, 10:15 PM
It's that pesky defence of theirs. They simply don't pass to Bale enough because they'll know he'll have an open-goal but will stick try to pass 3 players before lobbing the keeper.

Touché

JackBuddy
13-01-2009, 07:21 PM
That's because he was injured most of last season and played during the clubs worst periods. Just before Jol was sacked and this season. Mind you, he was our top scorer last season and christmas and was a completely different player then.

Harry hasn't been tapping up players... this is what happened about defoe:
Journalist: are you interested in defoe?
Harry: Defoe is a good player blah blah blah and I would love to have him.

He doesn't tap up, just compliments ;)

luce
13-01-2009, 07:43 PM
Wigan to win :D

Andeeh
13-01-2009, 09:46 PM
^^ they already won

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!