PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Giggs not ruling out playing for Cardiff :O

Mexel
12-01-2009, 09:46 PM
Ryan Giggs has not ruled out playing for home-town club Cardiff City before he calls time on his illustrious career.

The Manchester United legend is out of contract at Old Trafford this summer and there have, as yet, been no discussions over another extension.

Giggs, who was back to his best in United's 3-0 win over Chelsea on Sunday, has made little secret of his love for his home-town side, although he is in no rush to finalise his future one way or another.

"I always look at Cardiff City's results because they are my home-town team," he told the South Wales Echo.
Unknown future

"I'd like them to be in the Premiership. I have been asked many times whether I would play for my hometown team, although I don't know what the future holds for me.

"My contract ends in May so we will see. At the moment there have not been any talks on a new deal."

City chairman Peter Ridsdale added: "The fact people are prepared to believe we are capable of signing a player like Ryan Giggs does go to show how far Cardiff City has moved forward in recent years."

Source - Skysports.com

Geraint
12-01-2009, 09:52 PM
He's from Cardiff, Canton in fact which is pretty much where the ground is. Apparently, he has been offered a player/coach role which is one that he wants. I can't see him coming because after this display yesterday, he really is too good. Maybe, we could see him here next season when his contract is up. I doubt he'll want loads of money. Great player and adored by every Welsh football fan. A true Welsh footballing legend.

Cisse9
12-01-2009, 09:54 PM
Giggs was outstanding yesterday, but i can't see him starting every game, he's usially one game rest then maybe 20 mins another game. But yesterday he rewinded the years, world class.

Loser
12-01-2009, 10:35 PM
Won't happen. I'm heartbroken. :rolleyes:

Geraint
12-01-2009, 10:36 PM
Won't happen. I'm heartbroken. :rolleyes:

EDDIE JOHNSON SCORED!!!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!