PDA

View Full Version : Man City will kill Football...

RyanDOT
14-01-2009, 05:24 PM
When Man City spend triple than the player is worth and buy them, they are going to KILL NATIONAL FOOTBALL!

And i know thats going to be a FACT!

ecstasy
14-01-2009, 05:25 PM
they'll just waste their money, and not win anything..
money cant buy wins :P

Immenseman
14-01-2009, 05:27 PM
more money in the game makes it better

RyanDOT
14-01-2009, 05:27 PM
they'll just waste their money, and not win anything..
money cant buy wins :P

Thats true, i know that Kaka will go to Man City. Then when a player gets offered a contract by Man City, the player will go to Man City because of Kaka and Robinho!

Jack.Lfc
14-01-2009, 05:30 PM
Kaka will not go to manchester city, not yet anyway.

Oh on the subject of FACTS!

Manchester united get all the descisions - FACT!

Heart Break Kid
14-01-2009, 05:32 PM
their injecting way too much money into it =o

Wootzeh
14-01-2009, 05:32 PM
The **** have also ruined football.

Immenseman
14-01-2009, 05:33 PM
Say city give milan in the region of 80-100 million then Milan can improve their team and then they can challenge for major honours making it all more competitive :D

Jack.Lfc
14-01-2009, 05:34 PM
Say city give milan in the region of 80-100 million then Milan can improve their team and then they can challenge for major honours making it all more competitive :D

Dont they accept thrones for there players?

Immenseman
14-01-2009, 05:37 PM
lol nope :( some take credits though

RyanDOT
14-01-2009, 05:41 PM
lol nope :( some take credits though

Like Charlton?

More money kills football...

Lucky the Man City owners didn't buy Chelsea though....

Jack.Lfc
14-01-2009, 05:42 PM
Thing is though give it 6 - 10 more years and everyone will have that type of money.

Immenseman
14-01-2009, 05:42 PM
I don't think it does at all, the money stays in football most of the time therefore it just improves more teams.

luce
14-01-2009, 05:51 PM
Kaka will not go to manchester city, not yet anyway.

Oh on the subject of FACTS!

Manchester united get all the descisions - FACT!

Liverpool Fail FACT

Minstrels
14-01-2009, 06:17 PM
So when Real Madrid do it's fine.
So when Manchester United do it's fine.
So when Chelsea do it's fine.
So when American Football stars earn millions it's fine.

But when City come on we'll kill football?

Naive.

I'm glad this **** is still going down so I can laugh in your face about how we're going to "kill" football. If anything we're injecting more life into the Premiership.

Technologic
14-01-2009, 06:36 PM
Lmao, kaka said no.

Gutted 4 city

Geraint
14-01-2009, 07:10 PM
Let's have a look then:

Manchester City's youth team are the best in the country. They're buying players such as Kaka etc. A team full of world class superstars. Will these English youngsters get into the team? No, so they'll have to be offloaded elsewhere. Great start :eusa_clap

All this money in the Premier League ruins lower-league football. Fringe players will be on 30k a week and when offloaded, they'll go to the Championship. Can teams afford them? No.

Teams will just bring up good youngsters, they'll get snapped up, the player will earn £50k a week and won't even be in the team.

Footballers are in it for the money. There has to be something done. A salary cap or a transfer limit will benefit football. It will mean that teams such as Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal won't be the only team challenging for the title. If all teams have the same salary cap, it'll mean that these superstars will be spread around the premier league. The players will be challenging themselves against other superstars from other teams and the clubs will see an extra income because these suprtsatsr will draw in the crowds.

Jack.Lfc
14-01-2009, 07:27 PM
So when Real Madrid do it's fine.
So when Manchester United do it's fine.
So when Chelsea do it's fine.
So when American Football stars earn millions it's fine.

But when City come on we'll kill football?

Naive.

I'm glad this **** is still going down so I can laugh in your face about how we're going to "kill" football. If anything we're injecting more life into the Premiership.

You dont see any of them teams offering 100 million for one player tho.

Let's have a look then:

Manchester City's youth team are the best in the country. They're buying players such as Kaka etc. A team full of world class superstars. Will these English youngsters get into the team? No, so they'll have to be offloaded elsewhere. Great start :eusa_clap

All this money in the Premier League ruins lower-league football. Fringe players will be on 30k a week and when offloaded, they'll go to the Championship. Can teams afford them? No.

Teams will just bring up good youngsters, they'll get snapped up, the player will earn £50k a week and won't even be in the team.

Footballers are in it for the money. There has to be something done. A salary cap or a transfer limit will benefit football. It will mean that teams such as Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal won't be the only team challenging for the title. If all teams have the same salary cap, it'll mean that these superstars will be spread around the premier league. The players will be challenging themselves against other superstars from other teams and the clubs will see an extra income because these suprtsatsr will draw in the crowds.

Liverpool have no money :'(

Minstrels
14-01-2009, 07:29 PM
Lmao, kaka said no.

Gutted 4 city
Gutted 4 u its not over.

Let's have a look then:

Stud. Richards. Miller. Ireland. Johnson. etc.

You dont see any of them teams offering 100 million for one player tho.

Liverpool have no money :'(
The game is changing, simple.

RyanDOT
14-01-2009, 07:33 PM
Gutted 4 u its not over.

Stud. Richards. Miller. Ireland. Johnson. etc.

The game is changing, simple.

By Man City killing football...

Oh way no, in 6-10 years. We won't even get half of that money...

Minstrels
14-01-2009, 07:34 PM
By Man City killing football...

Oh way no, in 6-10 years. We won't even get half of that money...
Why wont we? Have you been to the future?

I didn't see any complaints when Real Madrid were going after Ronaldo.

Immenseman
14-01-2009, 08:11 PM
I think it's good for football so should everyone else if they think about it.

RyanDOT
14-01-2009, 08:11 PM
Why wont we? Have you been to the future?

I didn't see any complaints when Real Madrid were going after Ronaldo.

But did you think Real Madrid will spend all their money on all the stars when they a good team.

Wootzeh
14-01-2009, 08:21 PM
yep, inflated prices, meaning everyone tries to sell their players for more, players are getting more money, smaller teams can't afford to pay the wages/fees for players, the massive chasm between the lower leagues and the premiership gets even bigger with promoted teams going straight back down. sounds great!

Immenseman
14-01-2009, 08:27 PM
yep, inflated prices, meaning everyone tries to sell their players for more, players are getting more money, smaller teams can't afford to pay the wages/fees for players, the massive chasm between the lower leagues and the premiership gets even bigger with promoted teams going straight back down. sounds great!

:eusa_wall the money stays in football if all these lower league chairman are to be believed then they produce all these stars anyway :rolleyes: so maybe they should sell for inflated prices too ;) unless they're lying of course. Promoted teams have being going straight back down for years..... therefore that point is evidently void.

Geraint
14-01-2009, 08:35 PM
:eusa_wall the money stays in football if all these lower league chairman are to be believed then they produce all these stars anyway :rolleyes: so maybe they should sell for inflated prices too ;) unless they're lying of course. Promoted teams have being going straight back down for years..... therefore that point is evidently void.

if only it worked like that. players will want to go to teams. man utd will offer £1m and off goes your player because he wants to go.

Immenseman
14-01-2009, 08:36 PM
ronaldo wanted to go to madrid, united said no. downing wanted to go to spurs, boro said no.

Geraint
14-01-2009, 08:36 PM
ronaldo wanted to go to madrid, united said no. downing wanted to go to spurs, boro said no.

= fans on your back = player more frustrated and not performing = club lowering price to sell.

Immenseman
14-01-2009, 08:41 PM
shove em in the reserves make em see reality :D clubs lose interest - back in first team - clubs interested - higher price - sell - £

Bun
15-01-2009, 08:26 AM
= fans on your back = player more frustrated and not performing = club lowering price to sell.
actually the fans weren't on downings back at the weekend, they gave him a warm welcome. it's his dad who's the cocky ****.

Tristan
15-01-2009, 10:44 AM
Well if Man City get all these world class players, they won't be calling themselves the only team from Manchester will they?
That's a bonus.

Sulai
15-01-2009, 11:10 AM
What they are trying to achieve is the same as real madrid did a few years back, invest in the top players... and hope it pays off.

Excellent2
15-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Them saudie rich kids will soon fall. £100m on one player and £500,000 a week wages will put a dent in their camp soon enough.

Loser
15-01-2009, 04:22 PM
:eusa_wall the money stays in football if all these lower league chairman are to be believed then they produce all these stars anyway :rolleyes: so maybe they should sell for inflated prices too

Ideally (to a certain extent at least), that would be how it would work. However, in our case, we don't have the option to inflate prices because we are scraping the bottom of the barrel. Not every team has as much money as the teams in the Premier League.

JackBuddy
15-01-2009, 04:43 PM
It just makes it more enjoyable when they lose.

:P

Jordy
15-01-2009, 04:57 PM
Let's have a look then:

Footballers are in it for the money. There has to be something done. A salary cap or a transfer limit will benefit football. It will mean that teams such as Man Utd, Chelsea, Liverpool and Arsenal won't be the only team challenging for the title. If all teams have the same salary cap, it'll mean that these superstars will be spread around the premier league. The players will be challenging themselves against other superstars from other teams and the clubs will see an extra income because these suprtsatsr will draw in the crowds.Nonsense, if you began making salary caps or transfer limits you will kill the Premiership, currently the Premiership is the world's most popular football league, if you begin limiting good players going into it, you'll see in no time that the Italian & Spanish leagues will over take-us, the Premiership is very good for Britain I think, though I suppose this can ruin the National Side? But the National Side has been **** for 40 odd-years, this was before Premiership teams began buying lots of foreign players.

Minstrels
15-01-2009, 05:04 PM
Exactly. It's just making some people bitter. What made me laugh was a bitter rag from Dublin texting Sky Sports saying "Citeh fans should support their local team Stockport instead of chasing after Kaka". :eusa_whis

But did you think Real Madrid will spend all their money on all the stars when they a good team.
They did it a few years back. They're buying one player per two years now.

Well if Man City get all these world class players, they won't be calling themselves the only team from Manchester will they?
That's a bonus.
Confused... why will we stop saying that?

Them saudie rich kids will soon fall. £100m on one player and £500,000 a week wages will put a dent in their camp soon enough.
Owners earn £500,000 a day from oil alone. Not adding the money from property and side companies and I think we can afford the fees...

Back for a few days and I'm already bored of your posts. Strange how no arguments went on while you were gone.

It just makes it more enjoyable when they lose.

:P
Makes it more enjoyable when your in the Championship.

Nonsense, if you began making salary caps or transfer limits you will kill the Premiership, currently the Premiership is the world's most popular football league, if you begin limiting good players going into it, you'll see in no time that the Italian & Spanish leagues will over take-us, the Premiership is very good for Britain I think, though I suppose this can ruin the National Side? But the National Side has been **** for 40 odd-years, this was before Premiership teams began buying lots of foreign players.
You preach it brother!

AlexOC
15-01-2009, 05:27 PM
If it nots your team who gets mega-money it kills the game.
If its your team who gets mega-money, its an excellent decision.

Everyone team will have there ups and unfairs when everyone else dosent think its fair.

Now its our turn.

And there a high chance Kaka is coming to City in the Summer, he said he didn't want to move from Milan, but if they want to sell him he will go.

efq
15-01-2009, 06:54 PM
Man City upped bid for Kaka to £107m

Minstrels
15-01-2009, 07:00 PM
Manchester City are not killing football. Football was killed the day clubs paid 30 million for defenders.

JackBuddy
15-01-2009, 07:49 PM
Makes it more enjoyable when your in the Championship.

You preach it brother!
I highly doubt that.

Andeeh
15-01-2009, 07:51 PM
Its going to be intresting to see when QPR come in premiership cause they are like very rich aswell

MeRkAgE
15-01-2009, 08:21 PM
People who complain about Man City's bid for Kaka are just killjoys, i totally agree with Martin Samuel's collumn in the Daily Mail today.

Cisse9
15-01-2009, 09:07 PM
To be honest i don't mind man city spending ridicilious ammounts of money on players, they have the money and they can do what they want with it.

Jack.Lfc
15-01-2009, 09:08 PM
Why rnt city going for Messi? i rate him much higher than i rate kaka.

efq
15-01-2009, 09:11 PM
Once they go that high with fees and wages it opens up all sorter **** in the future, he'll be gettin 5 times wat rob is getting and he wont be happy.

AlexOC
15-01-2009, 11:03 PM
107m :o

Kakas dad coming here to talk personal terms (but you only talk personal terms when a bid is accepted)

Milans official TV channle say they're 'considering'

Deep indications that hes moving coming out now.

Minstrels
15-01-2009, 11:13 PM
107m :o

Kakas dad coming here to talk personal terms (but you only talk personal terms when a bid is accepted)

Milans official TV channle say they're 'considering'

Deep indications that hes moving coming out now.
No you don't.

Tristan
16-01-2009, 12:37 PM
Confused... why will we stop saying that?

Well it's just like Chelsea and other big clubs of course.
You'll get just as much glory hunters, if not more when star players join. If you get Kaka, I swear you'll be getting thousands. Even if you continue to say it, it'll just be hypocritical of you.
Fame and fortune is why all the big clubs are getting these thousands of glory hunters and that's what you'll be getting, fame and fortune and the glory hunters that come with it.

I like your signature btw. Lol.

Stephen!
16-01-2009, 01:11 PM
I started to support man city because they got robinho no joke.. I dont see what's wrong with that

--ss--
16-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Nothing wrong with buying players, all the big teams do it all the time as they've got the money so why can't they? The thing is though that this is really some ridcuilous high amount of money, surely players aren't worth that much? But then again in a business prospective i'm sure they'll be able to make that cash back if he does deliver, but the only way he's going to do that is by having other world class players support him.

Skajo
16-01-2009, 04:11 PM
It can only be good for football on the whole - the Abu Dhabi group are piling money into the game that will end up benefiting EVERY club in Europe. It's going to re-shape the economics of football for the better and it will change the way clubs work and it will greatly benefit the national teams in the long run.

Good on City - do a better job than Chelsea did.

Minstrels
16-01-2009, 04:17 PM
Kaka has signed.

Wootzeh
16-01-2009, 04:36 PM
Kaka has signed.
nothing on bbc or skysportsnews.

Minstrels
16-01-2009, 04:39 PM
nothing on bbc or skysportsnews.
He's signed.

Andeeh
16-01-2009, 04:40 PM
He's signed.
were is evidence? is what he is saying

Minstrels
16-01-2009, 04:41 PM
were is evidence? is what he is saying
Sky Sports.

RyanDOT
16-01-2009, 05:41 PM
Sky Sports.

16 January
Dave Brammer [Unattached - Port Vale] Free
Lee Collins [Wolves - Port Vale] Undisclosed
Danny Griffin [Unattached - Livingston] Free
Manucho [Man Utd - Hull] Loan
Ryan Shotton [Stoke - Tranmere] Loan
Javan Vidal [Man City - Aberdeen] Loan
Manny Williams [Woking - Weston-super-Mare] Loan
David Winters [Unattached - Livingston] Free

Source from BBC Sport - Football

Immenseman
16-01-2009, 05:53 PM
he has signed for qpr

RyanDOT
16-01-2009, 06:13 PM
he has signed for qpr

Great! :D

Shame on Man City :P

Immenseman
16-01-2009, 06:14 PM
Yup just has to decide what squad number he wants.

Excellent2
16-01-2009, 06:16 PM
Back for a few days and I'm already bored of your posts. Strange how no arguments went on while you were gone.

I'm bored of your existence.

Flamedragon3
16-01-2009, 09:05 PM
If were killing football, why is football suddenly one of the biggest talks in the world now? City are making football more alive than dead when you really think about it?

RyanDOT
16-01-2009, 09:10 PM
If were killing football, why is football suddenly one of the biggest talks in the world now? City are making football more alive than dead when you really think about it?

Because of the money... duh?

Flamedragon3
16-01-2009, 09:19 PM
Because of the money... duh?
Incase you didn't know, killing means dead and gone. In this case, football isn't going to die or be gone forever. So stop whining.

Jordy
16-01-2009, 09:56 PM
Its going to be intresting to see when QPR come in premiership cause they are like very rich aswellNot really, the owners picked it up cheap just to sell on. They've little interest in football or getting the Club that far, they just want to get it in the Premiership and sell it to make a profit. They've had to raise ticket prices so they're clearly not pumping much money in.

RyanDOT
16-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Incase you didn't know, killing means dead and gone. In this case, football isn't going to die or be gone forever. So stop whining.

I never used the term 'killing', i used 'kill' and i used 'will',

'kill' is present/future, 'killed' is past tense.

So you didn't know.

Throne Sofa
16-01-2009, 10:14 PM
I never used the term 'killing', i used 'kill' and i used 'will',

'kill' is present/future, 'killed' is past tense.

So you didn't know.
O shutup, stop being so pedantic.

Jordie
16-01-2009, 10:35 PM
more money in the game makes it better

Hi Jake:D top fella but this post i have to disagree with:(
offering that amount of money for a footballer is a disgrace. the more money pumped into this sport could seriously backfire on the clubs taken over. what happens when these consortiums arent interested anymore and they pull out? whos going to pay kaka's money every week? the premiership is fast becoming a joke and should soon be renamed premier****e. its a 4 way league and the others have absolutely no chance.

Geraint
16-01-2009, 10:46 PM
Hi Jake:D top fella but this post i have to disagree with:(
offering that amount of money for a footballer is a disgrace. the more money pumped into this sport could seriously backfire on the clubs taken over. what happens when these consortiums arent interested anymore and they pull out? whos going to pay kaka's money every week? the premiership is fast becoming a joke and should soon be renamed premier****e. its a 4 way league and the others have absolutely no chance.

i think luton here have to be the perfect example. 107m injected into football, great but it's gone to one club. if it went to clubs who needed it e.g. luton, then it would become better.

these arabs are surely going to make a huge loss on man city and they'll soon realise it so when they do, they'll leave and go elsewhere. then man city have no money and they have to sell all their players. it could well happen when you spend too much even with the world's richest owners.

RyanDOT
17-01-2009, 09:15 AM
O shutup, stop being so pedantic.

I was just pointing out my first post.

And its not insulting btw.

Jordie
17-01-2009, 07:26 PM
i think luton here have to be the perfect example. 107m injected into football, great but it's gone to one club. if it went to clubs who needed it e.g. luton, then it would become better.

these arabs are surely going to make a huge loss on man city and they'll soon realise it so when they do, they'll leave and go elsewhere. then man city have no money and they have to sell all their players. it could well happen when you spend too much even with the world's richest owners.

correct im not saying any club should make donations although they're quite welcome to if they want. this is an absolutely ridiculous transfer. it will be called premiership meltdown when they are finished playing with this toy and move on to there next. the premiership is a load of sh**. FACT. the true passion lies in the leagues below it.

RyanDOT
17-01-2009, 10:06 PM
If City paid like 40 million, then its reasonable. But over 100 is far too much..

Think about the poverty...

RyanDOT
20-01-2009, 03:58 PM
Thank God that Kaka rejected the offer!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!