PDA

View Full Version : NYC

Captain
16-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Going to New York this year, I've never been. Anyone have any good ideas on where to visit and what to do there?

Metric1
16-01-2009, 08:47 PM
lol, hamptons all tha wayyyyy

Naruto!
16-01-2009, 09:21 PM
Just got back last week. Its fun, cold this time of year, very busy as the sales are on. I recommend " Woodbury Common " for shopping (although its a lengthy bus ride from manhatten ) and going to the top of the rockerfeller centre :) Also, if you're looking for a good experiance maybe try getting tickets for the knicks(sp?) at maddison square garden :D Also, buy a tour ticket which lets you hop on and off tour busses, they are excellent and you see everything. Ground zero could also be avoided as 1. there is nothing left really that you can see and 2. We didn't make a big deal of it as I'm sure new yorkers didn't want it left as an attraction for tourists :P

RedStratocas
16-01-2009, 09:40 PM
Also, if you're looking for a good experiance maybe try getting tickets for the knicks(sp?) at maddison square garden :D

lol, knicks tickets used to be impossible to get, but now that they're such a crappy team you'll probably be able to find tickets in trash cans all around the city.

i mean i guess if you just want to be another tourist, see all the regular stuff, statue of liberty, empire state building, etc. but i'd say most people would be just as satisfied walking around manhattan going into shops etc. try central park. if you're going any time soon, good luck to you, lol, cause its getting colder and colder every day. ground zero is nothing to see. they dont want it to be a tourist attraction, so its basically just a big hole.

Metric1
16-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Real vacation = the hamptons in the summer!

Missamylee.x
17-01-2009, 05:15 PM
F.A.O. Schwarz The massive toy store on Fifth Avenue.
New york was amazing when i went i was only young though.
But i hope you have a great time when you go.

Captain
17-01-2009, 07:21 PM
It's in the Summer so im hoping it's good. Bloody expensive though :|

CJW93
17-01-2009, 10:41 PM
Madison Square Garden.

Wrestlemania 20 was held there so you might enjoy that.

Technologic
18-01-2009, 02:02 AM
If you're doing the empire state get fast track tickets for the sheer fact you piss of hundreds of people...

When i went in summer we got grabbed by this steward who was like "MOVE OUT THE WAY VIPS COMING THOUGH" and then we got the lift to ourselves :')

good times

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!