PDA

View Full Version : Wilson Palacios

Immenseman
19-01-2009, 11:52 AM
Apparently Spurs and City are in for him, United have been linked also. I think he is a fantastic player and one of the best midfielders in the country. When I went to the JJB last season he was all over the pitch. He gets back, he's quick, he can attack, good feet. I think 14million for him is a snip in comparison to some of the astronomical values being thrown about at the moment.

Skajo
19-01-2009, 03:24 PM
You only think this because his name has been brought to your attention by the media and/or managers. Fact.

Cisse9
19-01-2009, 03:46 PM
Arsene Wenger reccommended him to Steve Bruce.

FACT

JackBuddy
19-01-2009, 04:03 PM
Is he a left sided midfielder? If not, Spurs don't need him. We have plently of central/attacking midfielders.

We need another CB, LB, back up keeper and LM. (oh and a striker)

a new squad basically.

Grainger@CUFC
19-01-2009, 05:16 PM
I wouldn't have originally said he's worth 14 million, then again, how Lassana Diarra was sold for 20 is unbelievable, so maybe he is :S. Wigan will really miss him if he leaves.

Loser
19-01-2009, 05:32 PM

FACT

Wenger should've signed him. Arsenal are desperately in need of a defensive midfielder.

Cisse9
19-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Wenger should've signed him. Arsenal are desperately in need of a defensive midfielder.

True, arsenal had him on trial but at the time, he had better options such as Flamini & Diarra and Gilberto.

Mexel
20-01-2009, 11:06 AM

FACT
FACT - But just a slight modification to it. He reccommended him to Birmingham as a club not Steve Bruce. But yeah every time i see him play now i want to break down and cry lol.

leah
20-01-2009, 11:27 AM

FACT
Arsene Wengers great at picking footballers

Jack.Lfc
20-01-2009, 03:18 PM
Wenger is one of the best managers in the world.

Skajo
20-01-2009, 04:00 PM
Wenger is one of the best managers in the world.
Arguable, as I sit here in my Arsenal shirt. I think he's a great talent and a great manager for sustaining a football club (i.e not spending massively and making players great. I mean, just look at how many good players are playing football at the top level now that have come from Arsenal - Pennant, Larsson, Cole, Bentley etc).

I don't think he's a manager to win things, just keep Arsenal in business and make profit - he's never going to dominate competitions like Manchester United and Chelsea as he just can't afford to and he's not willing to. If Arsenal finish 5th this year, I'd still say it's a job well done from Wenger but as it stands they're still in the title race.

Jack.Lfc
20-01-2009, 04:01 PM
Arguable, as I sit here in my Arsenal shirt. I think he's a great talent and a great manager for sustaining a football club (i.e not spending massively and making players great. I mean, just look at how many good players are playing football at the top level now that have come from Arsenal - Pennant, Larsson, Cole, Bentley etc).

I don't think he's a manager to win things, just keep Arsenal in business and make profit - he's never going to dominate competitions like Manchester United and Chelsea as he just can't afford to and he's not willing to. If Arsenal finish 5th this year, I'd still say it's a job well done from Wenger but as it stands they're still in the title race.
Its all money thought, he has hardly spent anything and he's been doing good over last few years.

Skajo
21-01-2009, 12:31 AM
Its all money thought, he has hardly spent anything and he's been doing good over last few years.
Depends on how you define 'good'. He's kept the club sustainable at a very high level but doesn't achieve success. Great guy.

Malachy
21-01-2009, 03:24 PM
Palacios is on his way to Spurs.

Tottenhamhotspur.com

We are delighted to announce that we have reached agreement for the transfer of Wilson Palacios from Wigan Athletic.
Personal terms have been agreed and a medical completed, we now await the Honduran international receiving his work permit before completing his registration.
The midfielder made 41 appearances for the Latics after joining in January, 2008 having started the 2007/08 campaign on loan with Birmingham City, where he featured on eight occasions.
The 24-year-old had previously played for Honduran top-flight side Olimpia where he scored 32 goals in 102 appearances.

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/palaciosdealagreed210109.html

Immenseman
21-01-2009, 03:29 PM
great signing imo

Rarelime
21-01-2009, 04:07 PM
Hopefully he can live up to the pricetag.

Cisse9
21-01-2009, 06:14 PM

Don't know about that bit I think arsenal in a couple of seasons time will be one of the greatest teams in europe,

Arsenal on there day can beat anyone.

Good signing for Spurs though, they need someone like him.

Jack.Lfc
21-01-2009, 06:15 PM
Don't know about that bit I think arsenal in a couple of seasons time will be one of the greatest teams in europe,

Arsenal on there day can beat anyone.

To do this they need to spend.

Geraint
21-01-2009, 06:18 PM
Yet, Valencia is worth half he is. :S

Cisse9
21-01-2009, 07:42 PM
To do this they need to spend.

I don't think they need to spend aswell,

Take a look at there games they've played

Man Utd - Won
Chelsea - Won, away at stamford bridge after 1-0 down ..
Liverpool - Draw

there problem is against teams lower down the table, which they can't seem to find a way through but that comes along with experience.

But they have to sign a centre midfielder.

JackBuddy
21-01-2009, 10:54 PM
Yet, Valencia is worth half he is. :S
When it comes to the transfer I'm sure he would be sold for the same or more than Palacios. Prices are super-inflated atm anyway. Mainly due to Spurs' desperation and City.

Geraint
21-01-2009, 10:58 PM
When it comes to the transfer I'm sure he would be sold for the same or more than Palacios. Prices are super-inflated atm anyway. Mainly due to Spurs' desperation and City.

Valencia is rumoured to be worth around 7m.

JackBuddy
21-01-2009, 11:00 PM
Valencia is rumoured to be worth around 7m.
When push comes to shove I imagine it to be much higher than that. I can't see why Wigan wouldn't want to let him go for less than £10m. He's too good for £7m in today's markets.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!