PDA

View Full Version : Dear Deidre - Ends 22nd February

Inseriousity.
19-01-2009, 05:26 PM
Everyone loves to be helpful. It's just the good part of humanity that really shows when you're giving someone some decent advice. Deidre, the agony aunt of The Sun is going on holiday soon and has no-one to write her letters for her. She asked fellow columnist, Jeremy Clarkson, but he was so rude to the letters that she had to give up on him. She needed someone she could trust and so she came to Habbox!

She's sent us this letter that she recieved back in the 90s and the best piece of advice is in for some good prizes!

Dear Deidre,
I'm being bullied at school because of my voice. The thing is, it's different to everybody else's. I'm a 16 year old boy and my voice changes in pitch (from high to low to high) when I speak. You can imagine the names I get called. I'm afraid of opening my mouth because all they do is laugh at me. I can't defend myself verbally and I'm not much of a fighter...
What do I do?

The winner will be the person who gives the best advice to the problem. Good luck!

Competition Prize/Template

1st Prize: 50 Credits (Kindly donated by jrh2002)
2nd Prize: 30 Credits (Kindly donated by jrh2002)

Your entry should look like the example below:
Habbo Name: Inseriousity.
Habbox Name: Inseriousity.
My entry:

Competition Terms & Conditions

To enter this competition you must be a registered member of Habbox Forum. Habbox is giving all its members (not Habbox staff) the opportunity to enter competitions. You can send in your entry until the competition is closed at some time on the date listed in the thread title. Members are only allowed to enter once per Internet Protocol; breach of this rule may consider in a temporary or permanent ban from entering Habbox's competitions. The winner will be announced in this thread. Winner(s) will be private messaged by H0BJ0B to collect their prize. Habbox has the right to close the competition at any time before the competition ending date and the winner will be judged from all the entries received up to that point. Any harassment or attempted bribery of the judge(s) will get you disqualified and could get you into trouble on the Forum. All Habbox staff are excluded from participating in competitions, unless the competition states they may. Trialists may enter any competition whilst they are on trial. Any entries that break the forum rules in anyway will also be withdrawn. Prizes are subject to change. Prizes must be claimed within one month of the winner(s) being announced. Unclaimed prizes will be considered a donation to Habbox Competitions in the winner's name. All furniture prizes will be handed over on Habbo UK only. All rights reserved.

When in posting the competition forum, please only post competition entries. Do not post questions or comments - it is not the place to do so. If you need to ask a question, or feel it necessary to make a comment, then please send a message to the Competitions Manager or post in the "Questions & Comments about Habbox Competitions (http://www.habboxforum.com/forumdisplay.php?f=607)" thread.

Rockcuteman..
22-01-2009, 07:37 PM
Habbo name: rockcuteman
Habbox name: Rockcuteman..
My entry:
Hey There,
I have read your letter, this happens to every teenage boy, growing up. Dont be afraid of the bullies, just ignore them as itl happen to them someday too and then they wont be the ones laughing ! Whenever they come over , just walk away. Or if they go too far and you are really really worried speak to a really close friend or family member and tell them about your feelings. Also remember that itl wear off in a couple of days.
Deirdre

Jacktard.
22-01-2009, 07:46 PM
habboUk Name: JACKTARD
Habbox Name: JACKTARD
My entry:
hi, i have read your letter and thought about what you could do. This happens to all males around your age but you are just slightly later, this is fine and lots of boys go through the same thing you are too. Most bullys are just after attention or are just so insecure they feel as though they need to pick on someone else, and unfortunately they chose you. The best thing to do would be to tell someone about it.I think you should think about your decision; either tell a teacher or your parents. They are probably more likely to give the best advice for your situation and will be able to put a stop to the bullying
Hope this helps.
Thanks.

Jendro
22-01-2009, 09:05 PM
Habbo name: Jendro
Habbox name: Jendro
My entry:

Hey!
Don't be sad about your voice, don't be sad about the bullying. If you overcome these worries, growing to a real man awaits you!
You don't know how many times I've been called a siren (and even my parents made jokes of my voice...), but I didn't care. In stead of that I just kept singing, thought it sounded awful, just to train my voice :P
And now I can sing, am almost mature, and most important of all: I don't care what other people (especially bullies) say to me. To useful things I listen, and the useless things just go into my left ear, and go out the right one. I will assure you good times will await you! So don't be sad, don't cry, don't panic, don't worry:
"Every rainbow needs a little rain."

Sincerely,
Me

x!candi!x
23-01-2009, 02:01 AM
Habbox name:x!candi!x

Habbo name:bexirae

Entry:

Hello,

Don't worry about the change in your voice, as a young person changes into a man you will notice loads of different changes within yourself and your body but don't be alarmed!! The change in your voice is absoloutly normal and when the time comes the bullies will have to go through exactly the same thing. If you are worried about the bullies I suggest you go see an adult such as a headteacher, teachers or even your parents. If you don't feel comfortable telling an adult. Maybe a close companion you can trust can help you. I wouldn't worry about the bullies or the changes in your voice trust me it's absoloutly normal!.

Yours sincerely,
Deidre

Baby-ash05
23-01-2009, 03:01 AM
Habbo name: Baby-ash05
Habbox name: baby-ash05
My entry:

Hi, thank you for sending me your letter. The only advice i can give you is too ignore the bullies and tell a teacher. what your going through is puberty and it happens to every single human being between the ages of 9-20. The people who are bullying are picking at your weak point, they know that them calling you because of this is affecting you and upsetting you, this is how bullies work. What you need to do, is the next time someone calls you, either walk away from them and dont show a reaction, bullies will soon get bored if you dont react, because what these people do is pick a weak point, and keep grinding at a person and love to see a reaction from them. There is nothing wrong with you! this is 100% natural, and every person experiences it at different points in there life. So the next time someone calls you, just show no reaction. And your right, violence solves nothing, as this is probably what the bullies want out of you, but they will sharp get bored when they see it is not affecting you. If the bullies are being very mean, then go to your head of year and report them for there behaviour, this should put a stop to it. Explain to your teacher/parent what is happening as they can esculate the situation further. I wish you the best of luck, and dont let them get you down!

Deidry.

chalie333
23-01-2009, 05:13 PM
habbo name: chalie333
habbox name: chalie333
my entry:

Hi,thank you for sending me you ploblem at school.And i knowhow to help you,
you re going though a stage calling "pubity" which happens to all boys and becasue your voise changes you can say to them maby "haha haha im going though ubity which make me a man and you children!" or you can tell your mum,dad,teacher,headteacher that you are being bullied.

i hope it helps you

yours faithly

Deidry

JAKEY:JAKEY
31-01-2009, 07:59 PM
Habbo name:JAKEY:JAKEY
Habbox name:JAKEY:JAKEY
Have you read your letter,this happes to everyone,Growing up.Don't be afraid of the bullies.Just ignore them as it will happen to them someday and them they wont be the ones laughing you'll be laughing at em.Whenever they come over to you and start to pick on you,Just walk away from them and then if they follow you all the time you will have to tell somebody about it,and if they get to far and if you get really worried about it tell a close friend and if that doesnt work tell your parents or something and they might even give you some advice for the big mean bullies and then that might keep them away from you for a few weeks or days.
Deirdre

FlyingJesus
31-01-2009, 08:07 PM
Habbo name: Syc
Habbox name: FlyingJesus
Entry:

hit them ihl and steal their furni

P.princess4
31-01-2009, 09:02 PM
Habbo(x) Name: P.princess4

Hi, thanks for sending me your letter i have read it and understand what you are goind throught.As you are only 16, many things will be changing in your life like your body and also your voice. You may find it hard coping with this all on your own thats why im here to help you. The best things to do is just ignore it, I also know that may not work for some people thats why i have more options in what you can do. You could either tell a teacher or parents for support you might find it very helpful as you are goin throught puberty and voice will be changing. Bullies are nothing without a victim withour and will-power or self belief. I am not saying you have neither of these I am just saying they are putting you down and you cannot drag yourself back up. Your voice is not a problem its as beautiful as anyone elses and it doesnt matter how it sounds all you need to do is believe in yourself and so will I.

I hope i have helped you to think about which option you will take and I will always be there to help you. Just remember I believe in you so does Habbox. ;)

Edited by Dudedanny123 (Competitions Manager): Habbo / Habboxforum names added :)

-Unlimited
03-02-2009, 07:16 PM
Habbo Name: Simplux
Habbox Name: -Unlimited
My entry: Hi, i have read throught your problem and i want to say that you should not care about what people say. It may upset you making you feel diffrent however your not. You are better then the people bully you. I would recommend that you do not stop talking around others and be proud to have your voice because that makes you the person you are.

Retux.
03-02-2009, 07:50 PM
Habbox name Retux.
Habbo .co.uk name Retux,

hey
i started puberty wen i was 12

and my voice was all messed up :s
i went throught the same thing as u did
look i just ignored em
im a prtty good fighter and got into a fight over it
of course i won and they ignored me then and left me alone
look im not saying go and beat everone up
but what i am saying isu can either do these helpfull things..
1.) Tell a freind/teacher/family of wats happening
2.) Tell the bully's u dnt like wats happening and ask them if they could stop
3.) ignore them
4.) get a friend to sort em out Xd
5:) there are quit a few bullying site (anti) that help u with advice id say u try searching into google for the best answers
but i really segest , that u use my 1st or 2nd tip
there the bets and the 1st i told a teacher and he had a word with the 3 bullys and they neva sed a word exept soory m8 we were just joking ;]

Edited by Dudedanny123 (Competitions Manager): Habbo / Habboxforum names added :)

Ardemax
04-02-2009, 06:44 AM
Habbo name: Ardemax
Habbox name: Ardemax
Entry:
I hear you buddy, and I'm gonna help you out!
Firstly, before I begin my response, I'd like to point out that EVERYONE will go through this stage, it just happens at different times, so when you are speaking in the same pitch they'll be the ones laughed at (hopefully not by you!).
This is said over and over again but it needs to be done, tell somebody. Don't keep it bottled up any longer. Tell the person you are most comfortable with telling and speak the truth, nothing can go wrong.
If they speak to you, simply walk away, it's the easiest thing.
All you need to worry about it how silly they'll look when their voice is a bit weird!
It won't be long before you're back up to normal, so don't fret.
Regards,
Ardemax

lilmissjess12
08-02-2009, 12:41 PM
Habbo Name:lilmissjess12
Habbox Name:lilmissjess12
My Entry:
I Have read your letter.it happen to everyone they gone throu it but u havent delieved proply yet and im sure u will soon. just ignore them. things in your life at this age will change alot dont be afriad or worried it called being a teenager.

P.S when they pointing they finger at you they point three back at them (try it now)

Rock
08-02-2009, 12:56 PM
Habbox Name: Rockboy03
Habbo Name: PureEv1l
Entry:

Hi mate. I have read your letter and I completely understand. Its all a part of growing up!

If you are being bullied, tell a friend, tell a teacher and tell your parents. It won't stop unless you do. It can be hard to do this so if you don't feel you can do it in person it might be easier to write a note to your parents explaining how you feel, or perhaps confide in someone outside the immediate family, like a grandparent, aunt, uncle or cousin and ask them to help you tell your parents what's going on.

Your form tutor needs to know what is going on so try to find a time to tell him/her when it won't be noticeable. You could stay behind on the pretext of needing help with some work. If you don't feel you can do that, then go to the medical room and speak to the school nurse.

You say you are not a fighter. You do not need to be. The best idea is if a teacher can catch the bullies red-handed. That way, you won't get into bother from anyone for telling tales. It will be clear to everyone what has been going on. Don't be tempted to hit back because you could get hurt or get into trouble. Hitting someone is an assault.

Do not worry about your voice. It will get much better soon. Its all the hormones in your body =]

I believe you can overcome this,
Diedre.

Mezzy-xo
11-02-2009, 05:59 PM
Habbo Name: Mezzy-xo
Habbox Name: Mezzy-xo
My entry:
Hi, i have read your letter and i feel very sorry that you get bullied for this reason. The thing is with bullies, they can always find something to pick on someone for, whether its someones looks, style, personality, voice, hair etc. Mainly the bullies just look for things to pick on. What you need to remember is that everybody is different in their own way, and thats why some people get bullied, because they are different. But people need to see that being individual is a good thing, & being the same as someone or something is not. Atleast you are not trying to put on a different voice to be the same, your voice is what makes you, well - you. There is nothing wrong with how your voice is, and everyones voice will probably do this at one point. Like getting spots, everyone is bound to get them, but when they don't they decide to pick on other people for having them. Just ignore the bullies as much as you can and if they say things then think to yourself, 'my voice is what makes me, me.'
I hope this helped.

Mizcalifornia
17-02-2009, 07:27 AM
Habbo Name: Mizcalifornia
Habbox Name: Mizcalifornia
My entry:

Hey, thanks for your letter.
This happens to alot of guys your age, but the good news is you will grow out of it. The best advice I can give you is to just have fun, enjoy your time at school. If you stuff up a few words just laugh about it.
You are who you are, and you should love who you are.

From yours truely
Deidre

kirkland7
17-02-2009, 06:47 PM
habbox name:kirkland7
habbo name:kirkland

i read this letter and the best thing to do for you high pitch is to ignore the bullies if you dont they will keep going on at you because they no you are affected so theykeep going and going so keep out of there way and carry on geting your good education.anymore problems send another letter pal.good luck.

yours best,
kirkland7.

sheldean
18-02-2009, 12:07 AM
Habbo Name: sheldean
Habbox Name: sheldean
My entry:

I could go on in a soppy way about how you should ignore your bullies, but to be honest, it never really works. Thats the point of bullies - to make you unhappy and your silence will only fuel. Im not saying being ruse is the answer though. What you should do is be nice to them. Thats right, they say some rude, you smile and say Im sorry if you fell that way, then you turn around adn walk away. That way, u havent been rude, theyve been baffled, and everyone thinks "what a stallion". ur voice then becomes cool, and u get lots of gals.

SugaSweet123
18-02-2009, 10:56 AM
Habbox Name - SugaSweet123
Habbo Name - Candy.Babe-x
My Entry -
Hi,
I have read your letter and offer you the best advice I can. The change in pitch of your voice is normal for boys of your age, my brother went through the same when he was 15-16. Bullies often feel insecure about themselves, so they bully other people to make themselves feel better. I suggest that you talk to someone you trust, like your parents or a teacher, or even a local police officer. Don't let the bullies get you down, be proud of who you are. The worst thing you could do is bite back, that could start a fight and end up getting you into trouble. If your to scared to tell someone you know, try ringing childline or a different childrens helpline. They will offer the best advice they can to help you.

I know you can get through this,
Diedre.

Revanx
20-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Habbo Name: Revanx
Habbox Name: Revanx
My entry:

Hello, tell them its a part of puberty, and it just means your maturing faster then them. Bullying is inappropriate and childish - tell someone you trust and / or are close to so they can resolve the issue, 'cos its gotta stop. FULL STOP! Oh - and by the way, this happens to all boys going through puberty, it's not your fault, and dont waste your life over someone who needs to insult you to boost their self esteem, your better then them!

Hope i helped,
Revanx.

Poliver
20-02-2009, 06:59 PM
Habbo Name: Poliver
Habbox Name: Poliver
My entry:

Hey, I know how you feel. I was 12 when my voice broke and I was teased for months for having a varied tone in voice. After that spots hit me so I was teased for months after that. The best possible advice I could give would be... Become a modern Mohandas Ghandi, take the insults. If you just take the insults and say nothing back to them, pretend you didn't hear them, just continue talking to your friends. The problem won't be forever, maybe just a few weeks or months. Don't let the insults get to you, if your being bullied you know that you are a better person than they are and should feel proud about that.

(http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahatma_Gandhi)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!