PDA

View Full Version : Lawn Ornament

Metric1
20-01-2009, 12:17 AM
My mom got a 2007 Mercedes-Benz S550 for christmas from her boyfriend. It is a used car and it had roughly 58,000 miles on it when she got it, so it's been around the block a few times. Her boyfriend is extremely protective over it and I was not supposed to be driving it period. I did anyway and he found out and got mad, but whatever I'm off the insurance in a few days anyway so I can't drive it after that. The car does not have snow tires, so we can't drive it in the snow and Jay insists that we do not drive it in the rain or snow because the salt spray will strip the wax. So we can only drive the car on warm, dry days. I don't see the point in having a car that sits in the garage, and my mom agrees. If it was like a Bentley or something exotic like that maybe it would be ok, but it's not!

Technologic
20-01-2009, 12:24 AM
People are like that. Some of the cars on my road never move

20-01-2009, 12:59 AM
tell him to buy her a sports car with snow tires, than its a win win

tdi
20-01-2009, 01:15 AM
I drive my car all year round, but put my winter wheels on over winter as all the salt on the roads eats away at the polished rims!

Swearwolf
20-01-2009, 01:53 AM
i have a chrysler neon on ma drive, hasnt moved for bout 5 months

Metric1
20-01-2009, 04:14 AM
They don't make steel rims for the S-Class, or atleast to match the bolt pattern. He also washes it in the winter.. CRAZY

partie2
22-01-2009, 11:19 PM
You could just get rid of the car and get something practical for whether you live..

leah
23-01-2009, 02:52 PM
My mom got a 2007 Mercedes-Benz S550 for christmas from her boyfriend. It is a used car and it had roughly 58,000 miles on it when she got it, so it's been around the block a few times. Her boyfriend is extremely protective over it and I was not supposed to be driving it period. I did anyway and he found out and got mad, but whatever I'm off the insurance in a few days anyway so I can't drive it after that. The car does not have snow tires, so we can't drive it in the snow and Jay insists that we do not drive it in the rain or snow because the salt spray will strip the wax. So we can only drive the car on warm, dry days. I don't see the point in having a car that sits in the garage, and my mom agrees. If it was like a Bentley or something exotic like that maybe it would be ok, but it's not!
If it's hers then she should be able to drive it whenever.

Jord
24-01-2009, 02:54 AM
People are like that. Some of the cars on my road never move

Same here, Theres this flower van that only moves in summer lol when flowers grow :p

Metric1
24-01-2009, 03:02 PM
He washed it yesterday, and it was snowing. LOL

Alkaz
24-01-2009, 03:25 PM
Normal tyers should be fine in snow, rain, ice w.e its just how you drive it. Tyres for special types of weather I thought were generally for like racing in those conditions not for a normal road car. Tell your mum its HER car and she dont care he HE paid for it, she is driving it when SHE wants.

myke
24-01-2009, 03:56 PM
I've seen plenty of these cars out on the road during winter... they all seem to be fine :S

tdi
25-01-2009, 04:40 PM
Normal tyers should be fine in snow, rain, ice w.e its just how you drive it. Tyres for special types of weather I thought were generally for like racing in those conditions not for a normal road car. Tell your mum its HER car and she dont care he HE paid for it, she is driving it when SHE wants.
tyres may be fine but the salt on the roads eats away at polished wheels, which is why i use winter wheels (non-polished)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!