PDA

View Full Version : Bogey Clubs

JackBuddy
20-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Are there any clubs that your team always does ****/ slips up against?

Always Newcastle for Spurs. They somehow manage to get a deflected goal, penalty or some extraordinary luck every time we play. The same applies to Villa too.

Andys
20-01-2009, 10:15 PM
Pompey.
And whoever Matthew Taylor plays for at the time tbh :P He always scored against us!

Mortalized
20-01-2009, 10:16 PM
west ham and middlesborough

Jack.Lfc
20-01-2009, 10:16 PM
any team in the bottom 5 for Liverpool.

JackBuddy
20-01-2009, 10:17 PM
any team in the bottom 5 for Liverpool.
Ha, same could be said for Spurs actually.

Lose to Stoke, Hull, Sunderland, Stoke, Boro, West Brom.

Draw with Chelsea, Arsenal, Man U and beat Liverpool.

Geraint
20-01-2009, 10:19 PM
We've kind of ended some of our omens but we never beat Birmingham, Norwich and Ipswich, mainly. We have beaten them recently but not for a while before, most of these apply to the away games but we always struggle to beat Birmingham.

Loser
20-01-2009, 10:22 PM
I see Plymouth as a bogey team. Something about them seems to stop us playing like we normally do completeluy.

Geraint
20-01-2009, 10:24 PM
I see Plymouth as a bogey team. Something about them seems to stop us playing like we normally do completeluy.

We're the carbon copy of Arsenal. We can't break teams down. When teams attack us, we can beat pretty much everyone but we struggle against teams that put 9 men behind the ball.

Loser
20-01-2009, 10:25 PM
As shown in 90 minutes in the league game against Reading at home.

Geraint
20-01-2009, 10:27 PM
As shown in 90 minutes in the league game against Reading at home.

Thumped them first half, player got sent off and they just defended very well. In the away game, they came at us and we should have won. Birmingham came at us, we should have won. We're better away from home, yet our home record is better. Strange, that one.

Loser
20-01-2009, 10:29 PM
We always concede at the end of games. I wish they ended at 85 minutes like most the home fans think they do.

Geraint
20-01-2009, 10:34 PM
We always concede at the end of games. I wish they ended at 85 minutes like most the home fans think they do.

We scored 89th against Reading so get rid of injury time, I say. Gutted about Birmingham, distraught. Where do they get 4 minutes from all the time though? At Birmingham, the board for injury time was held up at 52 minutes past.

Mexel
20-01-2009, 10:58 PM
We've kind of ended some of our omens but we never beat Birmingham, Norwich and Ipswich, mainly. We have beaten them recently but not for a while before, most of these apply to the away games but we always struggle to beat Birmingham.

Should have won Saturday, actualy felt sorry for Cardiff, never thought i would say this but we are playing league 1 football at the moment, Cardiff just looked a differnt class compared to us.

Geraint
20-01-2009, 11:01 PM
Should have won Saturday, actualy felt sorry for Cardiff, never thought i would say this but we are playing league 1 football at the moment, Cardiff just looked a differnt class compared to us.

I was just distraught after the game, absolutely gutted. Never been so gutted in my life. You never looked like scoring, which pained me more. It was a foul but who cares? What the **** was McPhail doing? Anywhere else and 3 points were coming back to wales. :'(

Mexel
20-01-2009, 11:06 PM
Wierdly enough, every time we play ****e and deserve to lose a game, we could quite easly have had wins if refs would open there eyes from Cardiff and Wolves but they would not have being deserved so it kind of like fate the ref see's a football team playing crap and thinks 'Meh, they dont deserve a penalty!' lol, we should have had two penaltys against you, prob would have scored them both and won the game, but would it have being fair on how we played? No as we were crap. But football is football, i never understand refs and the way they work lol. But like i said Cardiff was great and should have won the game, did you love the fact that Peter Enckelman got a great welcoming and he even clapped the Blues fans? Haha we love him! Enckelmans a blue nose!

Geraint
20-01-2009, 11:07 PM
Wierdly enough, every time we play ****e and deserve to lose a game, we could quite easly have had wins if refs would open there eyes from Cardiff and Wolves but they would not have being deserved so it kind of like fate the ref see's a football team playing crap and thinks 'Meh, they dont deserve a penalty!' lol, we should have had two penaltys against you, prob would have scored them both and won the game, but would it have being fair on how we played? No as we were crap. But football is football, i never understand refs and the way they work lol. But like i said Cardiff was great and should have won the game, did you love the fact that Peter Enckelman got a great welcoming and he even clapped the Blues fans? Haha we love him! Enckelmans a blue nose!

I knew he was going to get it, he had it at NP and you didn't really deserve to win that one and these penalties, what were they?

Mexel
20-01-2009, 11:16 PM
I knew he was going to get it, he had it at NP and you didn't really deserve to win that one and these penalties, what were they?
What does that mean lol i just said you deserved to win lol?

And the penatlys were

57 secconds into the game Gabor Gyepes hand ball
37mins Gyepes (again!) clattered Radhi Jaidi inside the box.

Cameron Jerome also scored a goal and was given offside but if you watch it its actualy onside.

You can look up on all of them in match reports too. But like i said, its fate and Cardiff deserved to win!

Pyroka
20-01-2009, 11:33 PM
For Everton, Arsenal definetly.

Grainger@CUFC
20-01-2009, 11:51 PM
Tranmere have had the beating of us the past couple of years. Can't really think of many bogey teams that we have to be honest. Plenty of rivals like, just not many that I'd say we seem to struggle against. Knowing my luck, there's probably a few, just can't think of any :P

Throne Sofa
21-01-2009, 12:04 AM
Aston Villa.

Bun
21-01-2009, 08:07 AM
usually the promoted clubs lmao :@.

but seriously, we normally lose again crap teams and do well against big teams. however we're just losing to everyone this season, let's hope that changes!

Rarelime
21-01-2009, 10:16 AM
For Spurs I'd say; Everton, Newcastle, Fulham and Villa.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!