PDA

View Full Version : Work Exp

Favourtism
26-01-2009, 05:12 PM
Dont get to see my connexion guy till thursday so I was just wondering if anyone knows;

This may sound stupid but to be in the police force do you need A Level/Degree in Law or is that more for solicitors etc.

Do local police forces/community officers do work experience etc? Especially if I know someone working there ;)

Thanks

Naturlee
26-01-2009, 05:14 PM
Someone I know is going to the police station on work exp.
And you can do like a public service course at college after school as an appose to A Levels?
Myself, I'd say that law is more for lawyers etc...

Yoshimitsui
26-01-2009, 05:20 PM
You do not require any qualifications to enter the Police, only to have to pass through the application process and training. You can do a Public services course at a college that will give you a better chance of entering but other that that it's down to what you do in your application.

As for work experience witht them you will very limited to what you can do, my best advice would be to ask if you can do it at the local communications centre.

scott
26-01-2009, 05:22 PM
Strathclyde police done work experience up here, they took them to the main police station shown them aruond. Took them to the CCTV place for a day then took them to the training place for a day aswell.

Immenseman
26-01-2009, 05:25 PM
lol police officers only need 5 gcses thick ***** if you get a degree i assume you can get a higher position in the police force mind you

JackBuddy
26-01-2009, 05:50 PM
I don't know what exact qualifications are needed. But I do know that alot of wannabe police officers to public services at college.

Josh-H
26-01-2009, 06:07 PM
You don't require any qualifications for public services, but you do have to wait until you're 18.

Public services courses are full of people who failed their GCSEs. I'd reccomend a-levels to pass the time, least you have a backup plan too incase anything went wrong.

leah
27-01-2009, 11:25 AM
lol police officers only need 5 gcses thick ***** if you get a degree i assume you can get a higher position in the police force mind you
someones nice ;)
I agree with whats in bold tho x

Favourtism
27-01-2009, 11:31 AM
Ill get more than 5 GCSE's so no worries? :p

I think ill take Law, English, Math and maybe Physcology and get a driving licence. Then go speak to the police again and apply for training and if rejected first time then go take the diploma public services courses and go back (H)

Its more the detective/CID that im interested in but most/all places train current police offers that want to so yeah.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!