PDA

View Full Version : Ever missed a game due to illness?

Minstrels
06-02-2009, 11:14 PM
This thread is aimed at Geraint, Malachy, Jack.LFC, Andy and Greg.

Ever missed a game due to illness? Not going to the one tomorrow due to being ill today which is pretty ****.

It just feels so wrong not going however I think I'd spend more time feeling ill than watching the game tomorrow, hopefully I'll find a stream or something. :rolleyes:

Malachy
06-02-2009, 11:17 PM
Yeah, two weeks in a row a few years back :P.
Was supposed to go see Wolves vs Cardiff, then Wolves vs Wigan but I was really ill with a throat infection I think it was so I couldn't go to either. Bummer because in total in the two games there was 11 goals scored :(.

Jack.Lfc
06-02-2009, 11:27 PM
Im off to pompey tomorrow 6 hrs away;)

and yes ive missed quite a few games from being sick. One of them things that cant be helped.

Geraint
06-02-2009, 11:33 PM
I missed Wales v Czech Republic because I was in hospital with appendicitis. Pulled myself up for the midweek away trip to Sunderland, 4 days after being discharged. :)

Jack.Lfc
06-02-2009, 11:37 PM
I've never been to a england game, dont really like internationals.

Geraint
06-02-2009, 11:42 PM
I've never been to a england game, dont really like internationals.

I go to all the home games and some odd away ones. Dad goes to most away ones.

Jack.Lfc
06-02-2009, 11:50 PM
Ive been to millenium statidum 4 times :D

Andys
07-02-2009, 12:16 AM
aimed at me?
awwww i feel special.
and i'm sure i have missed one or two but not fora long long while :)
missed 2 last season because i was in florida :@
but i always go to games even if im ill :D:D

Bun
07-02-2009, 12:24 AM
yeh its wise, you'd only catch somet more of us smogmonsters anyway :P. um when i used (:() to have a season ticket i was never really ill on match days so i couldnt tell ya :P.

MeRkAgE
07-02-2009, 12:50 PM
Nah, i've never really missed one. I've usually just had a proper sore throat etc, nothing serious. However, i always tend to miss the opening games of the season because i'm always on holiday in the first opening weeks :)
Thank god our game at Yeovil was called off today, would have took years to get there considering the snow :D

Throne Sofa
08-02-2009, 09:51 AM
This thread is aimed at Geraint, Malachy, Jack.LFC, Andy and Greg.

Ever missed a game due to illness? Not going to the one tomorrow due to being ill today which is pretty ****.

It just feels so wrong not going however I think I'd spend more time feeling ill than watching the game tomorrow, hopefully I'll find a stream or something. :rolleyes:
Couldn't you have PM'ed this message to them?

Minstrels
08-02-2009, 10:31 AM
Couldn't you have PM'ed this message to them?
Can't mass message. Not my fault these are the only season ticket holders on here.

Every game. Every week. Every win. Every loss.

Loser
08-02-2009, 10:36 AM
Can't mass message. Not my fault these are the only season ticket holders on here.

No they're not, but some of us don't get off on telling everyone about it.

JackBuddy
08-02-2009, 10:42 AM

Some of us are old enough to have jobs.

Minstrels
08-02-2009, 10:44 AM
Some of us are old enough to have jobs.
And some of us aren't old enough to get a full time job so don't see the point in looking like a ***** doing a paper round.

JackBuddy
08-02-2009, 10:45 AM
Don't attack people that don't have season tickets then.

Minstrels
08-02-2009, 10:51 AM
I'm not attacking people who don't have ST? I simply outlined the people which I would like answers from, once you've read the first post you can either leave or post something constructive.

Jamie!
08-02-2009, 12:32 PM
He's on his high horse, again....

For what it's worth, I've had a season ticket for a good few years now and never missed a game due to illness. Missed a few games due to working on Tuesday nights, though.

Bun
08-02-2009, 01:53 PM

unless you're ill of course!

Throne Sofa
08-02-2009, 09:27 PM

Do Manchester City play at home every week?

It's an obvious dig at those who don't go to games often on these forums, and I really feel it's starting to get immature Minstrels. I don't use this forum often, but whenever I do it's you trying to show off that you're the best fan and you know most about football. Pipe it down!

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!