PDA

View Full Version : Six Nations 2009

Bef
07-02-2009, 07:34 PM
Ok, i couldnt find a 6 nations thread
Wev already seen an appalling match England v Italy in which england won 36-11, personally, i fell asleep during the match which has never happened to me in rugby before.
Report on the match here - http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/matchcentre/12763.php

Then we had Ireland v France where Ireland won 30 - 21. A great match thats worried me that Ireland may well steal the title from Wales
Report on the match - http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/matchcentre/12770.php

Tomorrow we have Wales v Scotland (5:30) Wales are the favourites to win and Wales v Scotland is usually a good atmosphere.
Preview - http://www.rbs6nations.com/en/matchcentre/12758.php

Post your comments about these matches and future ones.

I cant wait till next weekend Wales v England in the millenium stadium on Valentines day, going to be an awsome day
Gutted i couldnt get tickets but the pub will be packed out

Immenseman
07-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Yeah England Italy was a boring match, England got the win at the end of the day but if they play like that against a stronger side they won't. Who are the favourites to win overall? Wales? Just guessing because I remember they won last year.

Geraint
07-02-2009, 07:40 PM
Egg-chasing :$

Loser
07-02-2009, 07:40 PM
And the year before Immenseman, think we've done the Grand Slam two years running. Someone correct me?

Immenseman
07-02-2009, 07:41 PM
Dads Scottish, Mum is English who do I want to win, split loyalties!

Bef
07-02-2009, 07:50 PM
No we played poorly 2007 Loser, think it went to france
We got the grand slam 2005 and 2008
Yeah Wales is favorite but looking at Irelands performance today, there strong contenders.

Immenseman
07-02-2009, 07:51 PM
Yeah, didn't watch it. Heard it was an impressive win over France.

Geraint
07-02-2009, 07:54 PM
England lumbered to a victory over a poor Italy.

Ireland narrowly beat a decent French team.

Upcoming Scotland have to face the favourites.

Wales should win it, as Ireland and France play similar to Wales. It's like West Brom playing Arsenal.

Cwmbran
07-02-2009, 08:02 PM
No we played poorly 2007 Loser, think it went to france
We got the grand slam 2005 and 2008
Yeah Wales is favorite but looking at Irelands performance today, there strong contenders.

Ireland have always looked to be strong contenders, at the start of last years I honestly thought Ireland was going to win but Wales did.

This time i'm thinking the opposite.

Can't wait for the first Welsh game though, love the atmosphere in the stadium shame I didn't get tickets my uncle did though :(

Bef
07-02-2009, 08:02 PM
Scotland beat England last year, that was an amazing match. haha

Ye i love being in the stadium, even if its just Wales v Italy its always amazing atmosphere. The beers so expensive though :(

Geraint
07-02-2009, 08:05 PM
Where's the Welsh football threads when Wales play then?

The atmosphere at Welsh football, when full, is much better than Wales rugby. I can't believe how people say Wales rugby has a great atmosphere, when it just doesn't.

Bef
07-02-2009, 08:10 PM
your personal oponion, u dont seem to like rugby. From someone who loves rugby and has been too countless matches, i love the atmospher, i love the game and i love the pissup afterwards :)
i dont like football, u want to make a thread then make one :)

Cwmbran
07-02-2009, 08:13 PM
Where's the Welsh football threads when Wales play then?

The atmosphere at Welsh football, when full, is much better than Wales rugby. I can't believe how people say Wales rugby has a great atmosphere, when it just doesn't.
Honestly i've been to a Wales football game & Rugby game both in millenium stadium and I found the Rugby atmosphere was much better.

Geraint
07-02-2009, 08:25 PM
your personal oponion, u dont seem to like rugby. From someone who loves rugby and has been too countless matches, i love the atmospher, i love the game and i love the pissup afterwards :)
i dont like football, u want to make a thread then make one :)

Not that I don't like rugby, it's just the fact that Wales get 75,000 in rugby and 25,000 in football because Wales football are "crap". The backpages of the paper are filled up by Welsh rugby aswell. If Cardiff got to the Premier league and beat Man U next season, Wales rugby would still be on the backpage. Not saying I don't like rugby, it's just rather annoying being a football fan in a country who classifies it's national sport as rugby, when it is really sheep *******.

Honestly i've been to a Wales football game & Rugby game both in millenium stadium and I found the Rugby atmosphere was much better.

because Wales get crowds of 30,000 against Germany :rolleyes:

JackBuddy
07-02-2009, 08:40 PM
I've been to competitive England rugby and football games, I have gotta say that the atmosphere was better at the rugby game. Don't know if it is the same for Wales though.

Maybe the atmosphere at Wembley was crap because I have always been in the wrong stands. There's only one section that sings.

Loser
08-02-2009, 10:38 AM
There's usually a better atmosphere in rugby games in general because rugby. as a sport. hasn't sold out it's fans like football has.

Andeeh
08-02-2009, 11:46 AM
England are going to have to shape up if they want a chance of winning.

wales favourite i take it

Cwmbran
08-02-2009, 04:58 PM
Wales dominated Scotland, very happy with most of the match :D

Nixt
08-02-2009, 05:11 PM
Although I am not a massive fan of sport, I have been to both Rugby and Football matches and I find that Rugby has a much better atmosphere. Everything just feels better and less on edge.

Bef
08-02-2009, 05:13 PM
26 - 13, yesyes baby

Kardan
08-02-2009, 05:33 PM
Out of the Rugby and Football matches I've been too, the Rugby match had a better atmosphere.

Then again, Leicester are pretty good at Rugby, yet Leicester are crap at football, so that might explain it.

Jahova
08-02-2009, 06:17 PM
26 - 13, yesyes baby
w00p :)

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!