PDA

View Full Version : Adams supposedly been fired...

Immenseman
08-02-2009, 11:24 PM
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4906359,00.html

was watching ssn when it was breaking news, this hasn't been confirmed as of yet. I originally thought it was a bit harsh and he needed more time but after seeing the statistics he'd been there since October and won 4 games. He's been given enough time and even if this isn't true he needs to get some points on the table because since Redknapp left they have slid down and are now in a relegation fight.

Smiddy
08-02-2009, 11:47 PM
Hah! Good! Let's see someone with a bit of positivity who does not shrug there shoulders at any questions that come his way.
Bring in Alan Curbs!

Captain
09-02-2009, 12:17 AM
I actually liked him, poor decision to sack him especially when theyre in a relegation fight.

Immenseman
09-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Urgh, not Curbs lol. I'd like to see Grant :D

Jack.Lfc
09-02-2009, 12:19 AM
Good job his last game was agains Liverpool ;)

brandon
09-02-2009, 12:40 AM
I think it will be Curbishley

Smiddy
09-02-2009, 12:46 AM
I actually liked him, poor decision to sack him especially when theyre in a relegation fight.
You may like him but as a club, has he got them bringing in the right results?
Naaaah.

Throne Sofa
09-02-2009, 12:49 AM
I didn't mind him, feel a little sorry for him as he was never given a real chance. He had to be sacked though if they were going to stay up this year. Bringing in someone like Curbishley will give them a much bigger chance.

Captain
09-02-2009, 01:40 AM
You may like him but as a club, has he got them bringing in the right results?
Naaaah.

Kinda hard to get results when the board decide to sell all of their best players.

Smiddy
09-02-2009, 02:42 AM
Kinda hard to get results when the board decide to sell all of their best players.
2 players don't make a team! They had a solid defence last season, what's sol and distin been up too this season, not much. James can only do so much, but he only looked good cos he defence made him look good.
Otherwise we have a balanced squad, no need to get worried, just hang on to valuable players (Kanu) and play others in their correct positions (Pennant) and we should be sorted.

Jamie!
09-02-2009, 11:07 AM
Not at all suprising it's come to this, they were starting to fall apart long before Redknapp left.

RareIce
09-02-2009, 03:52 PM
feel sorry for the guy, the board decide to sell their 2 best players, what can you do? People say oh yeah well 2 players dont make a team, but when them players is your best striker who scores most of the goals and one in diarra who was key to pompey's defence then obviously its gunna be hard, i think people under estimate the importance of diarra and defoe to pompey.

Loser
10-02-2009, 04:40 PM
2 players don't make a team! They had a solid defence last season, what's sol and distin been up too this season, not much. James can only do so much, but he only looked good cos he defence made him look good.
Otherwise we have a balanced squad, no need to get worried, just hang on to valuable players (Kanu) and play others in their correct positions (Pennant) and we should be sorted.

What about considerring their roles and how it affected the rest of their team? Diarra, a defensive centre midfielder gave the defensive part of the team some youth, Campbell and Distin are pushing on their 70s, without Diarra, the defense looks, old and laboured.
And in Defoe's case, Crouch was bought to service a pacey striker. Without Defoe, attacking options are short (you'd think they'd be short with Defoe, eh?) and makes Portsmouth's game very predictable.
The fact that your owner is desperate to sell and Adams wasn't allowed to spend money to bring any players in permanently left him with little options. I think his only signing(?), Pennant is a pretty decent one considerring the task he had. He tried to sign Dos Santos, who is also a quick winger. The two wingers were targetted to be putting balls into the box for the strikers Crouch and Kanu/Nugent, all of which can head the ball.

If you ask me, Tony Adams has been cut down in his prime and Portsmouth have effectively taken a huge turd on his CV, killing off any major managerial career. If Portsmouth manage to stay up now with such a poor side, I'll be very surprised, but I will maintain that Portsmouth are only heading one way.

Smiddy
10-02-2009, 05:36 PM
Oh I agree, all the teams in the south are heading for relegation, we can't attract the big money owners or the big money stars because we lack major attractions for those stars; they don't seem to like beaches for some reason :S

But Adams never had the same pulling power as Harry (damn that man..), foundations had been set and Harry saw it was going no further, given another opportunity and jumped ship (can't blame him..)
In terms of a DMF, we could play Lauren there and it'd work perfectly!
And Utaka was that man last season but he's gone haywire :S (in terms of attack)

Wootzeh
10-02-2009, 05:44 PM
What a surprise, happens before they play Stoke, we're bound to lose. Happened against Blackburn aswell and we lost 3-1 :rolleyes:

Loser
10-02-2009, 06:58 PM
Oh I agree, all the teams in the south are heading for relegation, we can't attract the big money owners or the big money stars because we lack major attractions for those stars; they don't seem to like beaches for some reason :S

But Adams never had the same pulling power as Harry (damn that man..), foundations had been set and Harry saw it was going no further, given another opportunity and jumped ship (can't blame him..)
In terms of a DMF, we could play Lauren there and it'd work perfectly!
And Utaka was that man last season but he's gone haywire :S (in terms of attack)

It seems Harry's departure has uncoverred alot of cracks. It really proves what a good manager he is.

Don't want to get your hopes up unnecessarily, but some Pompey fans reckon Sven is on his way thanks to an investment taking place soon.

JackBuddy
11-02-2009, 05:44 PM
What a surprise, happens before they play Stoke, we're bound to lose. Happened against Blackburn aswell and we lost 3-1 :rolleyes:
As if you would have won away from home anyway :P

Wootzeh
11-02-2009, 06:19 PM
As if you would have won away from home anyway :P
hmm good point, might win this one because its at home :D

Jam
11-02-2009, 07:44 PM
I presume they'll just appoint Joe Jordan then continue theur poor results and get relagated TBH.

busybabes
12-02-2009, 12:23 AM
worst premier league manager ever?

JackBuddy
12-02-2009, 05:12 PM
I presume they'll just appoint Joe Jordan then continue theur poor results and get relagated TBH.
He's at Spurs.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!