PDA

View Full Version : who is the better manager FERGUSON or MOYES

busybabes
13-02-2009, 08:04 PM
eversteve and jack.lfc are adamant moyes is a better manager than ferguson. they are deluded imo and should stop watching football asap because they know nothing about it.

vote in the pollllllllll

Jack.Lfc
13-02-2009, 08:07 PM
If you look at money ferguson should win every trophy every year. if failed he should be sacked, any person can manage a team of that quality.

Moyes has had to buy player from lower leagues and make them good.

busybabes
13-02-2009, 08:08 PM
clueless

EverSteve
13-02-2009, 08:18 PM
Not saying that Moyes is the greatest manager, cuz some of his subitutions are a bit odd. But if you look at the squad he has atm and the money and we still manage to finish in the top 6 it is ******* unbelievable.

Manchester United complain when Rooney gets injured for 3 weeks, we've had Yakubu, Vaughan and Saha injured for months on end, yet did we complain. No moyes just used his brain and put Cahill and Felani up front.

Ferguson new if Ronaldo left during the summer his team would topple, he forced Ronaldo to stay against his own will (not saying Ronaldo was only doing it for the press coverage)

Jibbish
13-02-2009, 08:20 PM
ferguson.

Rarelime
13-02-2009, 08:30 PM
Juande Ramos

Juelz
13-02-2009, 08:32 PM
ferguson

Malachy
13-02-2009, 08:37 PM
Even though this busby guy gets on my **** so much, he is right that Fergie is a class above Moyes.

Jack.Lfc
13-02-2009, 08:38 PM
You dont see the point.
Moyes has average players and he has to turn them into good players.
Ferguson has class players reason being he just names a player and he will get him.

Malachy
13-02-2009, 08:43 PM
You dont see the point.
Ferguson has class players reason being he just names a player and he will get him.
When he first took over the side were nearly facing relegation.
He turned them around and look where he's got them.

busybabes
13-02-2009, 08:46 PM
You dont see the point.
so by your logic

phil brown >>>> benitez
pulis >>>> sparky
kinnear >>> wenger

Jack.Lfc
13-02-2009, 08:48 PM
so by your login

phil brown >>>> benitez
pulis >>>> sparky
kinnear >>> wenger

Are hull in europe or challanging to get into?
Are stoke in europe or challanging to get into?
are newcastle in europe or challanging to get into?

busybabes
13-02-2009, 08:49 PM
no but they're turning championship players into premiership ones

Disaronno
13-02-2009, 09:35 PM
no but they're turning championship players into premiership ones

He isnt saying that. he is saying that he buys players and makes them into great players. just because you are in the PL doesnt mean you are a great player.

luce
13-02-2009, 09:44 PM
You can't say Jack is clueless he has some of the best knowledge in the forum, and as i discovered earlier an awesome ascent! Of-course you're going to think Alex is a better manager, you're a die hard united fan or narrow minded. I haven't decided yet. I think both managers have their good and bad sides and both have done good jobs at the clubs they're at. Unlike some other managers who club hop! Being a united fan i did go with Alex Ferguson but i'm not saying Moyes isn't an amazing manager aswell!

Jack.Lfc
13-02-2009, 09:47 PM
You can't say Jack is clueless he has some of the best knowledge in the forum, and as i discovered earlier an awesome ascent! Of-course you're going to think Alex is a better manager, you're a die hard united fan or narrow minded. I haven't decided yet. I think both managers have their good and bad sides and both have done good jobs at the clubs they're at. Unlike some other managers who club hop! Being a united fan i did go with Alex Ferguson but i'm not saying Moyes isn't an amazing manager aswell!

I agree they are both great managers but i feel that alex ferguson has a good backing from the board, moyes hasnt had that backing and he is doing brilliant. Moyes will be the next united manager.

busybabes
13-02-2009, 09:51 PM
i cant even believe there is a debate about this.

Ferguson is 10000x better than Moyes

mourinho will be the next united manager not moyes.. moyes is average

luce
13-02-2009, 09:56 PM

I'm sorry. did you just say mourinho will be a Manchester Uniteds manager?

busybabes
13-02-2009, 09:57 PM
after Ferguson yes

Soka
13-02-2009, 09:59 PM

Really? I thought Mourinho was going to end up back at Chelsea, although he probably won't now with Guus staying a few years.

And I think Martin O Neal will end up at Manchester United's next manager if he gets Villa into the top four. He's as good a manager as Ferguson and hes proved it at numerous clubs; Leicester, Celtic and now Villa to name but a few.

luce
13-02-2009, 10:01 PM
after Ferguson yes

Never will he set foot in Old Trafford and be welcomed by fans and i'm sure a few players would have a thing or two to say. Why would we want a Chelsea reject. He's much more suited to managing in foreign leagues anyway. he prefers it and the premiership doesn't support his style

busybabes
13-02-2009, 10:02 PM
mourinho is the fans favourite... :S

luce
13-02-2009, 10:03 PM
mourinho is the fans favourite... :S

Which football stadium have you been going to.

busybabes
13-02-2009, 10:03 PM
old trafford why?

Jack.Lfc
13-02-2009, 10:09 PM
Not the walkers stadium?

Titch
13-02-2009, 10:27 PM
Never will he set foot in Old Trafford and be welcomed by fans and i'm sure a few players would have a thing or two to say. Why would we want a Chelsea reject. He's much more suited to managing in foreign leagues anyway. he prefers it and the premiership doesn't support his style

I am afraid i think you are wrong, i do honestly belive mourihno will take over from alex, and i think it will be a good move. He has said before, the only team he would come back to prem for would be us and i think when fergi goes it will be.

Loser
13-02-2009, 10:36 PM
Alex Fergusson, but I'm not voting "Sir" Alex Fergusson.

Immenseman
13-02-2009, 10:38 PM
There is no doubt who it is? Both are quality managers, Ferguson has built this side yes he has financial backing but yet he has still produced some quality individuals through the youth set up and next to nothing signings... neville brothers, scholes, giggsy, beckham, butt, ole are all examples of these players so money is irrelevant.

He has the money because he is so successful.

Jack.Lfc
13-02-2009, 10:38 PM
I am afraid i think you are wrong, i do honestly belive mourihno will take over from alex, and i think it will be a good move. He has said before, the only team he would come back to prem for would be us and i think when fergi goes it will be.

where you hear this?
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1077644/Mourinho-keen-England-return-make-Liverpool-special-again.html

http://www.fifa.com/worldfootball/clubfootball/news/newsid=1004251.html?cid=rssfeed&att=

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/liverpool/article5585062.ece

Jam
13-02-2009, 10:42 PM
Moyes, he does everything with nothing, and Arteta & Cahill were nothing prior to Everton now they're amazing.

Jack.Lfc
13-02-2009, 10:43 PM
Moyes, he does everything with nothing, and Arteta & Cahill were nothing prior to Everton now they're amazing.

Jagielka, lescott.

Skajo
14-02-2009, 09:28 AM
Sean O'Driscoll is a better manager than both of them.

You might think it's biased, but if you knew about football you'd know it's true.

I could manage Manchester United for God's sake.

Implement
14-02-2009, 11:13 AM
Hang on, all the people saying Moyes had no money. and has made a good team out of nothing, but didn't you spend like £18M on Felliani? :S

Sorry to break that to some of you.

RyanDOT
14-02-2009, 11:21 AM
Ferguson is a great manager, he knows his football and what players to buy. He doesn't waste money on players and don't play them. In my opinion i think hes a legend because not only his history with Manchester United, but he's great with formations and knows when to substitute.

But then Moyes is also a great manager, even though he's managing a good team, not the best but he's amazing on the formation and takes every match seriously, his interviews also means alot and he takes his team seriously not like any other team.

But in my opinion, i think Ferguson is just better, not for just managing a great team but he knows what he's doing.

Throne Sofa
14-02-2009, 01:48 PM
This poll is ridiculous. While Moyes is a good manager, and I have respect for what he has done at Everton, Ferguson has acheived a hell of a lot more than him.

Lee.Norman
14-02-2009, 02:04 PM
Ferguson took an average team, and over many years made it into one of the best in the world. He only has the money that he has now, because he done so much before... By winning trophies with an average squad, he has been able to turn them into much more...

Moyes, has improved the Everton squad massively. But he has done that with money. If people are saying then he hasnt had money they are wrong. He has bought several players, spending almost £20m on some.

Both managers are good.. But Ferguson is a class above Moyes.

Geraint
14-02-2009, 02:07 PM
Dave Jones.

Implement
14-02-2009, 02:49 PM
Dave Jones is good at getting teams into the Premiership :P

I'm sure you and all Cardiff/Wolves fans will agree :)

But he's still a perv :(.

Clowgon
14-02-2009, 03:23 PM
Jack, i think your wrong there. Look at spurs for example they had Ramos, good players and they couldn't perform. They bought in Harry and it's all a different story. I think it's about tactics and how well you and your players gets along with each other.

Immenseman
14-02-2009, 03:24 PM
people voting moyes just dont like ferguson it's ludicrous to compare any current premiership manager with saf, end of.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!