PDA

View Full Version : E-Dating - Right or Wrong?

Middlesbrough
15-02-2009, 01:55 AM
Well there has been lots of debate in the relationships forum so I thought it was time to truly debate it.

My view is that its simply not possible, there is no trust in any long range relationship, I feel that even if you do use cam, Skype, instant messenger etc.' you can't truly love somebody over the internet

Happy debating :)

marriott0.01
15-02-2009, 01:57 AM
It depends how both parties feel, I have no objection to it and they're not freak shows, if they believe they're in love then good luck to them.

It's just you have to be cautious with online relationships and aslong as both parties take precautions there is no harm in finding love online.

buttons
15-02-2009, 02:02 AM
no, it is okay to like someone over the net imo and flirtblahblahblah cause that's fun but edating is pointless, even if you're GOING to meet because you're not gonna know how you'd be with each other if you hadn't met yet. I think it's alright to have long distance relationships if you meet up FIRST and occasionaly otherwise no :)

James!
15-02-2009, 02:04 AM
flirting over the internet is pointless too unless you're gonna get you get some sexual satisfaction from them

Geraint
15-02-2009, 02:05 AM
for people who can't get any girls where they live

of course, i fall into that category.

buttons
15-02-2009, 02:11 AM
flirting over the internet is pointless too unless you're gonna get you get some sexual satisfaction from them
not really i'm naturally flirty online and real life just sometimes can't help what i say doesn't mean i want or i'm gonna get any sexual satisfaction

Geraint
15-02-2009, 02:13 AM
not really i'm naturally flirty online and real life just sometimes can't help what i say doesn't mean i want or i'm gonna get any sexual satisfaction

will you e-date me please?

buttons
15-02-2009, 02:17 AM
sry no i have standards

Jord
15-02-2009, 02:17 AM
I agree fully there mark

Its wrong how can you truely love someone over the internet? when you have not even meet them face to face in real life?

Geraint
15-02-2009, 02:18 AM
sry no i have standards

hmph. ihu now.

why did i say in the first place? i was asking for it :(

Virgin Mary
15-02-2009, 02:48 AM
I wouldn't do it, I don't really see the fun in it. But if other people want to that's their business.

colourpot
15-02-2009, 09:32 AM
I think e-dating is so wrong tbh. You dont really know who the person is, and they could end up to be complete noobs irl. Do people get something out of e-dating?
I just dont get the whole fact of it, its probz just little kids pretending they are in love :s

Nixt
15-02-2009, 09:39 AM
I wouldn't say it is right or wrong. I personally think it's a pointless practice, unless there are intentions for the relationship to be pursued in real life. However if people choose to e-date and keep it online, I say leave them to it :).

Skajo
15-02-2009, 10:45 AM
I'm meeting someone on Wednesday, about 30 minutes on the train to Leeds.

Yes, it can work.

Sexy
15-02-2009, 10:47 AM
its okay to edate someone who you've probably seen or met irl but i just hate it when people go around and broadcast it to the entire hotel and have cyber and like adopt and stuff its like WTH GO AWAY :@

luce
15-02-2009, 12:03 PM

Not really. And i think that e-dating is ok if you've met and intend to meet again but like people have said be careful because it's so easy to be someone you're not online :)

Probity
15-02-2009, 12:10 PM
I've never 'e-dated' before, and I'd never intend to since I have the boy of my dreams anyway..
but, I don't think people should be against or for e-dating, you can have a really strong connection with someone you've met online. The only thing bad about e-dating is no sex D;

Indie-Dan
15-02-2009, 12:10 PM
Well it's not right or wrong it's just simply a personal preference... like... masterbation. IMO it's pointless and ever so slightly sad but whatever floats one's boat :P

Immenseman
15-02-2009, 12:11 PM
It's up to the person what they want to do. Some people I know started "e-dating" so to speak and then met up and sustained a successful relationship. Personally, I see it like meeting any other way.

Wootzeh
15-02-2009, 01:16 PM
It's wrong, just look at Karl and Gemma :rolleyes: They hate each other.

James!
15-02-2009, 01:18 PM
I don't care if people wanna e-date, they just need to get used to the word loser once they start an online relationship

J0SH
15-02-2009, 01:19 PM
If it's extremely serious and you're going to meet up and continue a long or short distance relationship then yeah, if there's no plans on meeting up and you just say "I love you" for the sake of it over the internet, then it's lame.

Themaster1993
15-02-2009, 01:21 PM
Lool I e-date, I don't really see a problem with it.

buttons
15-02-2009, 01:21 PM
If it's extremely serious and you're going to meet up and continue a long or short distance relationship then yeah, if there's no plans on meeting up and you just say "I love you" for the sake of it over the internet, then it's lame.
it's still lame that you're dating online in the first place. it's fine to have a friendship but not give urself the title as "bf and gf" :rolleyes: but then if you meet up and it's kl and u wanna date kll aslong as you meet up occasionally.

James!
15-02-2009, 01:22 PM
I meet most of my links over the internet, call me lame :rolleyes:

Immenseman
15-02-2009, 01:22 PM
i don't think people like 17/18 should be doing it for sure.

James!
15-02-2009, 01:24 PM
i don't think people like 17/18 should be doing it for sure.
I'll date you.(K)

I'm young and fresh

Immenseman
15-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I'll date you.(K)

I'm young and fresh
We have two days before I'm Seventeen though.

Lee.Norman
15-02-2009, 01:29 PM
I wouldnt say its wrong... But like all relationships, it takes time and there needs to be trust. Its not easy to build up trust with someone online, but its possible. Theres no point in taking it too far, unless you intend on meeting. And then see where it goes from there.

I wouldnt say that I've ever 'e-dated', but I have got to know people really well online, and then met up in real life, and realised that theres feelings involved.

J0SH
15-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Loads of people form good friendships over the internet though through social networking sites and such, if they meet in real life and continue their relationship kudos to them, I don't see anything wrong with that but, if you're dating over the internet and no intention of meeting up, it's lame. :P

clueless
15-02-2009, 03:51 PM
i dont see how its either right or wrong. it only effects themselves so why does it matter to anyone else anyway if its 'right' or 'wrong'
as long as they are happy then who cares if its edating, what is it to anyone else?

Charlie
15-02-2009, 05:00 PM
If the two people involved want to date online without meeting then good for them because they actually found someone that they love, want to be with and everything and they are doing that. Why should the fact that they aren't physically together change that? There is alternatives which aren't the best things in the world to make up for the lack of being with each other and couples who are just away from each other for a short amount of time do the same thing and by things I mean phone sex, cybering, sending pictures/being on webcam and stuff. I believe it's possible and there isn't any right or wrong about it because it doesn't actually effect anyone else in anyway unless they get themselves involved in a way that does effect them.

But, having said all that, I wouldn't do it myself because I couldn't handle the emotional side of not actually being with the other person.

Immenseman
15-02-2009, 05:03 PM
A good relationship is built around trust, I don't think you can EVER trust someone through a screen because even if you've known them for years they could have faked for years much like "5x6" aka "imchels" on habbo sending pics around saying they were her then being exposed as a fake. That's just one example there are many more but a lot of them use the forum so I best not :lol:

leah
15-02-2009, 07:59 PM
no, it is okay to like someone over the net imo and flirtblahblahblah cause that's fun but edating is pointless, even if you're GOING to meet because you're not gonna know how you'd be with each other if you hadn't met yet. I think it's alright to have long distance relationships if you meet up FIRST and occasionaly otherwise no :)
Exactlyyyy

for people who can't get any girls where they live

of course, i fall into that category.
haha

sry no i have standards
owned :(

hmph. ihu now.

why did i say in the first place? i was asking for it :(
Just a tad

Not really. And i think that e-dating is ok if you've met and intend to meet again but like people have said be careful because it's so easy to be someone you're not online :)
I don't think its edating if they've met, I see E-dating if they meet online and never meet, but date. I think people can flirt and like people on the net, id meet someone if I liked them but I wouldn't edate because its pointless.

Swinkid
15-02-2009, 08:23 PM
Exactlyyyy

haha

owned :(

Just a tad

I don't think its edating if they've met, I see E-dating if they meet online and never meet, but date. I think people can flirt and like people on the net, id meet someone if I liked them but I wouldn't edate because its pointless.

I Agree with the last part you said, about its not edating if theyve met, although it still is long distance, but thats ALOT less sad than edating.

Melsia
15-02-2009, 08:49 PM
I don't think it's right or wrong.
If someone does it it's their choice...

Antallica
15-02-2009, 10:50 PM
Wrong. I think if you meet them regularly it's right. but, just dating over the tinternet is pointless.

leah
16-02-2009, 11:35 AM
I Agree with the last part you said, about its not edating if theyve met, although it still is long distance, but thats ALOT less sad than edating.
Yeah, if you have a boyfriend who you have never met then that is quite sad, however if you liked someone over the interwebs, met them and then went out it would be classed as a long distance relationship which isn't sad atall.

Rock
17-02-2009, 05:50 PM
You can't express love over the internet. For all you know this person could be a paedophile. If you have met eachother before at some point and you know what they are like, it could be fun, but you must understand it can never be that serious.

RandomManJay
17-02-2009, 06:16 PM
In a way I think that its wrong because it can be pretty dangerous not really knolwing whos on the other end, and theres the whole expression through text, although with the revolution of the webcam/mic, that may not be a real issue nowadays. On the otherhand, I know people who have met up on the internet and are together and are perfectly happy with their lives so, I suppose its a two-sided coin for those think its right with plenty of reasons for, and for those who think its wrong with plenty of reasons as well.

Hazzles
25-02-2009, 08:32 PM
I think it depends, because theres more than one type of 'e-dating'.
Theres the sad-act way of oh, I'm going to marry you online. and adopt teenagers pretending to be babies, and like actually talking to eachother more, the whole msn thaaaang.
I think the first one is wrong, and pathetic. It's clearly for people who cant get any irl, so they pretend to online.
Like ohhhh I can change my pixel hair to make myself look 'pretty/fit'
Oh you're well fit, lets go out.
Its fake little cartoon people. If you find them attractive I'd really rather not talk to you as you are obviously not right in the head.
And the other way, it's slightly better than the first, but still I think its pretty pathetic. Like in the other thread most people said they're different online, so you're being fake to get someone to go out with you? So you can't really be in love if you aren't being the real you, because isn't love meant to be when someone likes you when you're being yourself?
Whoa, I've written an essay.
Now if I could do my coursework...

ecstasy
07-03-2009, 09:13 PM
I think it depends, because theres more than one type of 'e-dating'.
Theres the sad-act way of oh, I'm going to marry you online. and adopt teenagers pretending to be babies, and like actually talking to eachother more, the whole msn thaaaang.
I think the first one is wrong, and pathetic. It's clearly for people who cant get any irl, so they pretend to online.
Like ohhhh I can change my pixel hair to make myself look 'pretty/fit'
Oh you're well fit, lets go out.
Its fake little cartoon people. If you find them attractive I'd really rather not talk to you as you are obviously not right in the head.
And the other way, it's slightly better than the first, but still I think its pretty pathetic. Like in the other thread most people said they're different online, so you're being fake to get someone to go out with you? So you can't really be in love if you aren't being the real you, because isn't love meant to be when someone likes you when you're being yourself?
Whoa, I've written an essay.
Now if I could do my coursework...

I agree, +rep :)

Arch
08-03-2009, 10:10 PM
I'd say its fine
but i wouldn't do it

Mr.Papparazzi
08-03-2009, 10:45 PM
Its not really ''boyfriend and girlfriend'' its more, comitment to spend time with another person online

Minstrels
08-03-2009, 10:48 PM
What's the point of it?

Smarteh.
09-03-2009, 09:42 PM
I think its wrong too. No real contact of fingers or actually speaking to them face to face with them next to you is not relationship. People do it for some fun and to waste some time.

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!