PDA

View Full Version : Advice on AS

lisar
21-02-2009, 01:39 PM
Right, next year I'm doing my A2s (a bit late, i know better late than never though), but I need an AS to do, like something in the evening. Not at my same college. But I already do history nd politics. So that's out of the question, and I refuse point blank to do sciences or economics.

So if anyone wishes to suggest me some subjects, I can look around some london colleges :)

Throne Sofa
21-02-2009, 09:21 PM
How about Sociology?

You require the same skills in that as you do with Politics and History, with learning quite a bit of information and essay writing skills. There is also aspects of politics and history in sociology. For example, social policy and when laws were passed...

kk.
21-02-2009, 09:23 PM
maths.

Soka
21-02-2009, 10:41 PM
i would have said a science, or economics with subjects your doing but if not then do an AS in maths.. it isn't much harder than GCSE at AS level so you should cope fine. Its a subject that can apply to almost everything and will have its uses in some form (although it may not seem so.) :P Maths will also give you a break from the high quantity of essay subjects you do?

Supersam
21-02-2009, 10:46 PM
How about English if you hate science subjects?

Or even Drama! Drama is excellent if you have a good group and teachers :)

RandomManJay
22-02-2009, 02:15 AM
Art or Graphic Design, I know I would of liked to do them, but didn't in the end.

Alkaz
22-02-2009, 02:18 AM
Maybe some more clues to what you like would help?

lisar
02-03-2009, 11:13 PM
Well, maths is a no no, and I've tried economics.

I don't mind sociology, I was due to do that instead of Economics. HEAVEN KNOWS WHY i changed though.

I'm not a fan of drama theory, as my E @ GCSE shows :(

Want to hide these adverts? Register an account for free!